5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliantly written book - highly recommend!
A Brilliantly written book, that delivers far more than just smoothie recipes. As well as the obvious what they are, how to make them and a huge number of delicious recipes, the author explains why green smoothies are so good for us, and provides a `bible' of knowledge on the science behind the theory.

Other aspects of health and well-being are also included,...
Published on 9 Mar. 2012 by Claire H

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published 15 months ago by Lisa

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliantly written book - highly recommend!, 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Green Smoothie Bible (Paperback)

Other aspects of health and well-being are also included, such as good blood sugar, weight loss and mood. Don't let this high level of information put you off though, this book is very easy to read, and can be picked up and read in snippets with no problem. The author also offers practical tips, and anecdotes which gives an interesting personalised edge to the book , unlike so many others of this genre that are a bit dull! The chapters are also nice and concise (the book is a size of your average novel), so made for great train reading material.

As a working mum with young children I was looking for a way to increase my daily intake of fruit and greens (somehow I always find time to feed the children well, but not myself!). Now I look forward to my morning green smoothie that I carry around the house with me while getting ready. My 3 year old has also starting asking for a little cup of my smoothie (using spinach, prunes, pears and vanilla makes it nice and sweet for her).

I'm looking forward to trying more recipes as the seasons change, and including the superfoods mentioned. I highly recommend this book, as I can honestly say my sense of well-being, energy and skin have all improved since having my daily green smoothie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book to change your health., 25 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Green Smoothie Bible (Paperback)
I bought this book as I have a health problem and do not want to continue to take the drugs the hospital are giving me. It opened my mind to what constitutes good health and I have never looked back. The outlay for the all the organic greens and fruit plus probiotics to add to the smoothies was considerable but what price good health?

We bought a Vitamix and a month ago started making and drinking green smoothies using the fantastic recipes from this book. There is something to suit everyone. Our skin is glowing and we feel energised and have also lost weight!

Friends and family are commenting on our skin and 'glow' and want to know what we are doing!

A must for anyone who wants to improve their health and energy levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoothie convert, 15 July 2012
This review is from: Green Smoothie Bible (Paperback)
I was given this book and at the start I was a bit pessimistic to be honest. Since adding green smoothies to my diet however, I have never felt better. The recipes in this book are varied, simple, easy to follow, delicious and I like how the author favours seasonal ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 8 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Green Smoothie Bible (Paperback)
I bought this book for myself in the U.S, and love following different recipes everyday. They're delicious, fill me up, and most of all, have left me glowing! Together with my daily exercise, I am really feeling the benefits. I love this book so much, that I just bought my Mum and Dad a copy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 9 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Green Smoothie Bible (Paperback)
While it has many tips and recipes I was disappointed with this book. The recipes all seem to give quantities for every other ingredient but then "greens" is inserted in at the bottom of each recipe. There is no indication of what green, how much or weight as there is for every other ingredient. I know I can put in as much or little as I like. I'm ok with doing that. It was what I was doing before. But I bought the book to find out what greens were suggested to go in recipes and how much of them.
I wouldn't recommend it if you want guidelines.

There were some great tips on what herbs contain what nutrients.

4.0 out of 5 stars Think green, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Green Smoothie Bible (Paperback)
The book is very helpful in its description of the way we eat ,and to how to achieve are goals. Think Green all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Green Smoothie Bible: 300 Delicious Recipes (Kindle Edition)
Fun, easy to read with a lot of recipes. I enjoyed reading it a lot! I Recommend it to everyone

4.0 out of 5 stars The Green Smoothie Bible, 17 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Green Smoothie Bible (Paperback)
The product was better than expected; very interesting, well written and the recipes were excellent and varied. I bought this book because I was looking for a way to incorporate more fruit and veg into my diet. I would recommend it to anyone wishing to do the same or wishing to detox.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a con, 10 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Green Smoothie Bible (Paperback)
If you've never read a smoothie book, or perhaps a nutritional book, then this book could be great for you. Contains plenty of basic nutritional information and plenty of recipes. If however, you have a good understanding of nutrition and healthy eating, then there's not much to gain from reading the first half of the book. The recipes are plentiful, but they are no different to what's available in any other smoothie book, with "greens" simply added as an ingredient to most recipes. That couldn't be simpler- take any smoothie recipe and add a handful of greens of your choice. I don't need a book to tell me how to do that! The title would suggest there's more emphasis on healthier green recipes containing more vegetables than fruit, therefore having less sugar than most of these fruity recipes. . But it seems the author has taken a very lazy approach. The recipes that really are different sound interesting, but they contain a complex list of supplements you need to buy. Could be worth a try if you've never experimented with smoothies, but there are far better books out there if you're genuinely looking to learn about and improve your health.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very healthy recipes, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Green Smoothie Bible (Paperback)
Love this book, the recipes are easy to follow and taste just great.
I never knew that drinking ingredients like spinach and kale could taste so delicious.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›