5.0 out of 5 stars UDMA 7 is not the former UDMA
Published on 10 Oct 2012 by Photoman

1.0 out of 5 stars Lexar 32gb 1000x card doesn't work in d800
I have just received this Lexar card but unfortunately it's not compatible with my Nikon d800. It will take 30 seconds for the camera to kick into action once I insert it and then when I try to format(which also takes a very long time) I get a card error message. It seems as though there are a lots of issues concerning the d800/d4 and certain cf cards that have been...
Published 3 months ago by M. Lincoln

5.0 out of 5 stars UDMA 7 is not the former UDMA, 10 Oct 2012
I bought this card believing it would just have a faster transfer rate than my 8Gb 600x. The card worked in my camera and created my images but, unfortunately, the card did not work in my old Lexar Reader. Enquiries revealed that UDMA 7 is a different system to the old UDMA so I had to buy a later Lexar Reader, which is the Lexar USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader. The new card now works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra fast UDMA 7 card if your hardware can make use of it, 21 Feb 2013
Vinman666 (Essex, U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Bought this for my new 5D Mk III which supports UDMA 7 Compact Flash cards. In comparison with a SanDisk Extreme IV, and shooting at continuous 6 frames per second, I found that the Lexar captured around 25 RAW frames before the pause while the buffer clears, which took just a few seconds. In contrast the SanDisk captured around 12 frames on average and the buffer took around five times as long to clear.

If you're into sports photography, or even your kids running around, that's great performance. I don't generally take those kind of shots but for taking multiple successive frames for HDR processing it's great as there is less chance of the light changing significantly if the buffer suddenly fills.

I don't have a card reader capable of transferring the data to my PC as fast as the card is capable but that's less important to me. You might wish to consider Lexar's matching reader if it's important to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warp Speed, 24 Jan 2013
IM35461 "IM35461" (East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My main camera is a Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) which supports the high speed mode of this card UDMA 7.

I also have the Lexar Professional USB 3.0 Dual Slot Reader but alas my computer is only USB 2.0 so I do not benefit from the full speed with this card that I could achieve.

Previously, my main card in my camera was a SanDisk 16GB 60MB/s Extreme Compact Flash Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging which has worked well and never caused me any problems.

The new card does indeed seem to perform faster (just like the makers claim) compared with my old ones and watching 1080p videos direct from the card on my laptop also play with no issues.

So if all your equipment supports the fastest mode, UDMA 7 and you take lots of photos, burst mode photos or videos this is the card for you (or a higher capacity one of course).

5.0 out of 5 stars Lexar 1000x 16GB Compact Flash Card, 3 Feb 2013
Zola fan "Nana" (Hants, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The 1000x series are Lexar's latest offering in their Professional compact flash memory card range. The 16GB version is the lowest capacity of the 4 versions available (32, 64 and 128 GB cards completing the line-up) but this is something of a double-edged sword, as we'll come to in a minute.

Now the chances are that if you're considering this product, you already know a thing or two about memory cards and are looking for something high-end to pair with a similar top-of-the-range camera. Lexar have rated their latest CF cards UDMA (Ultra Direct Memory Access) 7 equipped which they believe enables 150Mb/s read rates. They remain slightly more guarded about the write speeds of the card, although admittedly this often has more to do with the device in which it's used. For those of you who will be using this card to record video, it supports VPG-20. Whatever that is.

I paired mine with a Nikon D800. Nikon boasts a "100Mb/s +" write speed on this camera, which is similarly vague but should be a fairly good match for the card. I tested it by firing off a continuous burst of shots all focused on the same indoor scene whilst mounted on a tripod in AF-S release priority setting. The file type was NEF (raw), minimum compression at a 4 fps frame rate. The buffer filled up after 21 shots and took 10 more seconds to fully write all images to card. I repeated the test changing only the card to my standard fare - SanDisk SD Extreme class 10 16GB. The buffer filled after 17 shots and took another 17 seconds to empty. Fairly conclusive. At these settings, the estimated total number of shots the card can store is 199, according to the top display.

As I mentioned earlier, having only 16gb on the card does have advantages when it comes to reviewing images on the camera display, which is much quicker on smaller capacity cards as a rule, as there tends to be less searching around in the memory banks. It's a small benefit really but can be useful when time is precious.

Lexar suggest using a UDMA 7 enabled reader and a USB-3 capable computer to get the most out of the new super-fast read speeds. I used Lexar's own USB-3 UDMA 7 reader to transfer my files, but my laptop only has USB 2, and so read speeds seemed fairly similar to the SanDisk SD cards.

Overall I'm rather pleased with the card. By all accounts there aren't any faster CF cards around. Photography is all about timing and if I can take more shots at the right moment and wait for less before the camera is ready again, that has to be a good thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lexar 1000x CF - The speed what you need, 31 Aug 2012
This review is from: Lexar Professional 32GB 1000x 150MB/s High Speed UDMA CompactFlash Memory Card (Electronics)
I've seen the initial test of Lexar's new card family on robgalbraith.com earlier this year. It was clear from the first moment this card is the fastest CF available these days. I purchased this card for my brand new 5D mark III. It really confirms the verdict of various speed tests you can find on the internet. This card can handle pretty well the huge amount of data generated by the camera. I hardly can fill up the buffer. 5/5 product

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fast, 23 July 2012
I have a lot of fast CF cards and this blows them all away - its expensive I know but you have to pay for the best and this card is currently king (by a long way)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Memory Card and good value, 1 July 2014
William I. Whitaker "Williamtje" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
Fast and reliable .... I use a D800 and take many HDR bracketed shots .... it is quick to put away 9 shots in one string
With 32GB it would take a while to fill and actually this is the third one that I have for my two cameras
Somehow I am more likely to buy two 32's than one 64 ..... it just suits my approach to having a backup and changing cars when I need to

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch!, 16 Oct 2012
I purchased this to go into a Nikon D800 which is very sensitive to the speed of card you use. It works fantastically, giving me as long a buffer use as I could hope for; surpassing the figures I have read in the camera tests.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 20 July 2013
I. J. Campbell "Premiership" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Works perfectly. No issues, in fact i'm going to buy another one as soon as I can. Great item and now its reduced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect card, 29 Jun 2013
Mr. M. A. Spridgeon (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I've been using this card with a Canon 1D X camera and it has exceeded my expectations and increased my ability to get the best from the fast shutter rates with raw files.
I changed from a Sandisk Extreme Pro UDMA 7 card because I was getting frustrated when I regularly felt it was holding me back and reaching the buffer too quickly. This new card is marginally better, but those margins are often the difference for a wildlife photographer.

I guess the benefit will be worth more to some than others, but to me they are a priceless investment.