4.0 out of 5 stars Great model - Poor paint !!!
Published 5 months ago by David H J Ashdown

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea but couple of drawbacks
The idea of bundling the model with glue, paints and brushes is an excellent idea. I bought 3 of these models to distribute amongst my own children and those of my relatives. It was pleasurable to all involved, children and parents, as the model comes together and takes shape. My son said that he will always remember the day that he painted his Red Arrows red...
Published 16 months ago by Arif Khan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea but couple of drawbacks, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Airfix A55202 Red Arrow BAe Hawk 1:72 Scale Model Medium Starter Set (Toy)

However couple of drawbacks: 1) We found that the red paint mixture was too watery (even after we mixing it). So I had to order the Humbrol paint again. 2) There is a slight problem with the assembly of one of the pieces directly behind the cockpit which in-turn causes the canopy (clear plastic) to NOT sit flush with the body of the plane.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great model - Poor paint !!!, 21 Aug. 2014
David H J Ashdown (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Very good model as I would have expected from Airfix but the gloss red supplied is terrible , it is too thin and doesn't adhere to the plastic at all ( even if you thoroughly clean it ) - The rest of the paints are OK but that's because they're matt , I think Humbrol have a problem with their gloss acrylic paints ( I had the same problem with their acrylic gloss white with a previous model ) that's not present in matt acrylics and the oil-based enamels. The finished kit is as good as I'd expected although I had to buy a tinlet of red enamel to complete the project.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good kit, resonably priced, 7 Jan. 2015
I purchased this airfix kit to do with my 6 year old son and I have to say that it was quite tricky for him to get to grips with some of the work it required. He enjoyed puting the kit togther but there were some pieces that were impossible for him to do as he just didn't have the deterity in his hands to negotiate the extremely small parts into the holes. However, it is a good kit and looks nice when finished, but I would say that the quality of the paints is not the greatest, there really didn't seem to take very well to the plastic and required more than one coat on several areas. All in all I would recommend this kit to both adults and children (with adult help) but would recommend that you purchase better paints.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 31 Mar. 2014
I bought this wonderful airfix for my son to encourage him away from the computer! It's a lovely kit that comes with everything you need

5.0 out of 5 stars good fun, 20 Mar. 2014
Just what I wanted. All pieces broke away from pressing and fitted perfectly with only slight sanding.Lovely model completed now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Item, 26 Mar. 2014
Bought as a gift, excellent kit and excellent value, my son is now saving his pocket money to buy himself one. thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 'Oooh' factor!, 13 Jan. 2014
Bought as an Xmas present for my nephew, brought a challenged 'Oooh!' to his face, along with a big smile!

5.0 out of 5 stars Something new !!, 28 Nov. 2013
I took my 11-year old grandson to London recently and took him to the Science Museum. He loved the planes and I thought this would be a good starter kit for him.

4.0 out of 5 stars Busy Hands, 25 Nov. 2013
Kept 9 year-old grandson busy and he enjoyed making the model. However, he complained that the paints were a bit "wishy washy" and he needed help with the decals. Overall, an interesting project for a young lad with a little bit of help. Would recommend this kit for the younger model maker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Airfix model, 13 Jan. 2013
Was purchased for one of my son's xmas box.

He loved it and it now complete.

Very well packaged. A+