4.0 out of 5 stars Great model - Poor paint !!!
Published 2 months ago by David H J Ashdown

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea but couple of drawbacks
The idea of bundling the model with glue, paints and brushes is an excellent idea. I bought 3 of these models to distribute amongst my own children and those of my relatives. It was pleasurable to all involved, children and parents, as the model comes together and takes shape. My son said that he will always remember the day that he painted his Red Arrows red...
Published 13 months ago by Arif Khan

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea but couple of drawbacks, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: Airfix A55202 Red Arrow BAe Hawk 1:72 Scale Model Medium Starter Set (Toy)

However couple of drawbacks: 1) We found that the red paint mixture was too watery (even after we mixing it). So I had to order the Humbrol paint again. 2) There is a slight problem with the assembly of one of the pieces directly behind the cockpit which in-turn causes the canopy (clear plastic) to NOT sit flush with the body of the plane.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great model - Poor paint !!!, 21 Aug 2014
David H J Ashdown (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Very good model as I would have expected from Airfix but the gloss red supplied is terrible , it is too thin and doesn't adhere to the plastic at all ( even if you thoroughly clean it ) - The rest of the paints are OK but that's because they're matt , I think Humbrol have a problem with their gloss acrylic paints ( I had the same problem with their acrylic gloss white with a previous model ) that's not present in matt acrylics and the oil-based enamels. The finished kit is as good as I'd expected although I had to buy a tinlet of red enamel to complete the project.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
A1

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 31 Mar 2014
I bought this wonderful airfix for my son to encourage him away from the computer! It's a lovely kit that comes with everything you need

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Item, 26 Mar 2014
Bought as a gift, excellent kit and excellent value, my son is now saving his pocket money to buy himself one. thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars good fun, 20 Mar 2014
Just what I wanted. All pieces broke away from pressing and fitted perfectly with only slight sanding.Lovely model completed now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 'Oooh' factor!, 13 Jan 2014
Bought as an Xmas present for my nephew, brought a challenged 'Oooh!' to his face, along with a big smile!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter kit, 7 Jan 2014
This was bought for my 9 year old son but i ended up doing it myself! I was surprised at how much i enjoyed constructing this kit and i have now caught the bug and bought another airfix kit. (a de haviland mosquito).
I agree with the comment about one of the canopy covers behind the cockpit is very slightly out, but i glued it on as best i could and it looked ok. Adapt and overcome as the RAF say! I wouldnt reccomend this for kids under 9 as some of the parts are very small and delicate but this all adds to the great attention to detail and sense of acheivement you get once complete.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something new !!, 28 Nov 2013
I took my 11-year old grandson to London recently and took him to the Science Museum. He loved the planes and I thought this would be a good starter kit for him.

4.0 out of 5 stars Busy Hands, 25 Nov 2013
Kept 9 year-old grandson busy and he enjoyed making the model. However, he complained that the paints were a bit "wishy washy" and he needed help with the decals. Overall, an interesting project for a young lad with a little bit of help. Would recommend this kit for the younger model maker.