4.0 out of 5 stars One of the better 10x zoom compacts
Having decided to upgrade from my 4 year old Sony ,I wanted something with at least 10x zoom.I have recently had a Canon SX230,Samsung WB720,and a Fuji F500.All had multi-features and long zooms,but none blew me away,and were a tad on the heavy and bulky size for pocket use.So I went for a more compact camera.
I have now settled on the Nikon S6300 ,and to be honest...
Published on 11 July 2012 by Smasjems

3.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Coolpix S6300 camera
As a user of Nikon SLRs and DSLRs for the past 10 years, I was looking forward to the same level of quality in a compact camera, unfortunately I was quite disappointed.
Published on 14 Sep 2012 by alan d c

3.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Coolpix S6300 camera, 14 Sep 2012
The build quality was inferior , in particular the access to the memory card which looked like it could snap easily and the lens guard which jammed half open and meant that the camera had to be sent back to the manufacturer for repair (at least I had the two year warranty)
Picture quality, resolution and saturation in normal light was good
Picture quality with flash was poor, blur caused by camera movement and artifacts caused by the sensor were evident.
All in all a disappointment

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Coolpix S6300, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX S6300 Compact Digital Camera - Red (16MP, 10x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD (Electronics)
Fantastic small camera. Easy to use, the zoom is incredible. I wanted a small camera that would fit in a clutch bag or a pocket and take really good photos and this camera exceeded my expectations. I just want to shoot and snap away, but still take good photos and this camera does just that.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, 27 Aug 2013
I wanted a camera that had a good zoom and was small and easy to use this one is simple just point and click zoom is not noisy like some and picture looks great on computer a buy recommendation from me

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, 3 July 2013
Mostly likes for this camera having only used it a little so far.
The a/v out cover is flimsy and catches on case sometimes hence four stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good compact camera, 19 Jun 2013
Mr. M. Betmead "Mark B." (London, England) - See all my reviews
This camera was for my daughters 15th birthday, and I wanted something that she could get good results from with automated settings plus have enough manual control to develop her interest in photography. She wants to use the camera for low light conditions (music gigs), so after some research this camera fitted the bill. So far she is delighted and no regrets with this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very slow, 13 Jun 2013
The facilities on the camera are great however I find the camera very slow. After taking a picture the camera is pretty much unusable for 45-60 seconds while the camera process' the photograph taken. I intinally thought this was because of megapixel size. However after lowering the mega pixels it still takes the same amount to process.

5.0 out of 5 stars camera, 10 Jun 2013
I love it, But not taken any photos at night time yet. Its just the right colour and size. The zoom is brillant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Coolpix S6300, 18 May 2013
Perfect camera for a underwater housing, photos and videos were satisfactory. Very happy with it as a dive camera, happy to recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Mar 2013
This is the best camera I've ever bought need to get used to the controls and modes. It's great it's small and light cos I can now use my pockets to carry it around and it's pictures are picture perfect. Will be buying a Nikon again :D

4.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, but lacking sufficient instructions, 22 Mar 2013
A. G. Blyth (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I am very pleased with the camera, but find the instruction booklet supplied doesn't tell you how to use a lot of the features - which leaves you with trial and error. Maybe Nikon offer a better guide that is downloadable from the internet - I must try that. The combination of a relatively wide angle lens plus good zoom works well, as you get better scenery views, but can still get close-ups. The video works well.