Format: DVDChange

on 19 December 2014
The subject of Roswell and whether or not it was a crashed disk of alien origin can bring about either heated indifference or passionate exchanges. The film is quite old now and is as good a portrayal of the alleged retrieval as any others I have seen or read. In my opinion there are only two incontrovertible facts about the incident: something crashed and was recovered, and the American military has lied about what it was ever since.

The official explanation is that it was a crashed Skyhook balloon which came down two years before the programme actually started. The Ufology explanation is that an alien disk crashed and the bodies of extra-terrestrials were spirited away to Area 51.

There is a third explanation which is ignored by by the supporters of either view, that the craft was made on Earth and its origin covered up because it was built and flown by Nazis two years after they had supposedly been destroyed at the end of the Second World War. I explore this possibility in my own novel "The Biggest Lie", available on Amazon.

The acting and sfx are good for the time and Kyle McLachlan puts in a very convincing perfomance as Jesse Marcel and the plot follows one of the more commonly accepted explanations of what happened. There are many "factual" books from various UFO investigators offering conflicting viewpoints and a maze of evidence but everything really boils down to whether you believe the people who allegedly witnessed the event of the American Air Force. It is a good film and has been overshadowed by more recent alien contact films but is probably as close to a truth as any. I consider it worth watching if you are at all interested in UFOs or flying saucers.
on 2 May 2015
VERY BELIEVEABLE ACCOUNT of a mystery where the truth may be out there, but we may never know it. I found it just as gripping and shocking now as when I first saw the movie years ago. The performances are totally convincing.

I find it hard to respect Jesse Marcel though for two reasons:
1. Posing for the publicity shot with the balloon debris when he knew it was a lie,
and
2. Making his son give up the piece of alien debris.

It is impossible to prove an alien space craft crashed at Roswell, but likewise it is impossible to prove it did not, BUT, having seen a lot about Roswell, and heard about the many testimonials by people who were originally too afraid to speak out, and were warned not to, I feel this movie is as near to the truth as we will ever get.
on 9 May 2015
A very convincing account of the Rosewell incident.
on 18 January 2016
Follows Kevin Randle's version of this famous case fairly closely (I think he was an advisor to this film with Donald Schmitt who have both done lots of valuable research and published a number of books which I also recommend).
on 18 August 2015
This Brilliant movie is made all the more fantastic by the fact it is based on actual Events.The Cast are Brilliant and the Story plays like a real life X-files.
on 27 March 2013
Great dvd and a good part by Martin Sheen. A lot has been written and filmed about Roswell over the years so this dvd brings it up to date. Good quality
on 9 December 2012
Made for tv or cable network and purports to be an accurate portrayal of the events surrounding the 'Roswell Incident' of 1947. I can't vouch for its accuracy as I have only a passing interest in the subject but I can say it is a well acted story which held my interest throughout. Martin Sheen appears merely as a presence in several scenes, however, has only one scene with dialogue toward the end and certainly does not share the starring role indicated by the dvd cover.
on 21 November 2015
There is more to this event than the official story. A good film.
on 4 February 2016
Great seller would buy of them again
on 28 February 2015
Yes I am pleased it came on tome.