5.0 out of 5 stars The Haunting of Harriet - a really good read
This is one of those books that leaves you feeling sad that you have finished it. It was a really good read, very believable characters that I really felt I got to know, with evokative descriptions of a magical house set in the Kent countryside. It is a book that lingers in your mind long after reading it.
Published on 21 Jan 2012 by Fairlightfan

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring
After reading the reviews I bought this book assuming it would be as good as the reviews made out. I was disappointed - I felt you didn't really get to know the characters and it was all very disjointed. I ended up giving up after getting half way through as I just wasn't bothered how the plot turned out.
Published 3 months ago by Kerri

5.0 out of 5 stars The Haunting of Harriet - a really good read, 21 Jan 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Enticing, interesting and believable!, 6 Mar 2012
This is a great book! It appeals to a wide range of audiences - your grandma and kids can read it no probs! Get ready to curl up with a cuppa or glass of wine, a blanket and hopefully not a ghost! The story is totally believable and the characters are varied and interesting! ENJOY!

4.0 out of 5 stars Haunting of Harriet, 31 May 2012
Might have missed this if it hadn't been recommended to me. I enjoyed reading it and would like to read more by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked by page 5, 9 Feb 2012
I was hooked by page 5! This book was a delightful read, I enjoyed every page and was sad when it was all over. This book would make an excellent feel-good film; just what the country needs to cheer us up and the Americans would love the 1930s costume drama bit. I hope Jenny B goes on to write many more books of this calibre.The Haunting of Harriet

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fascinating page turner of a book, 3 Mar 2012
Dj Merkl "Derek Merkl" (Bath UK) - See all my reviews
What a great story! from the first page this is a book one doesn't want to put down. With its fascinating look into the paranormal in the form of a rather nice and benevolent spirit which occupies one of the main story lines. This book beautifully describes a simple but beautiful story line. The story is one that kept this reader so involved that I found myself unable to turn out the light and was reading long after I should have been asleep! I wish the author well - if this is a first book that's a pity, this talent should have been in the public realm long ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Different Read, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Haunting of Harriet (Kindle Edition)
The Haunting of Harriet was a slow start. I promised myself to stay with it, and so glad I did. Harriet became a long lost friend. Her description by Jenneifer Button gave me a " Miranda Hart" image, and I loved her. The book moved along so easily and I just wanted to see what happened next. Well done Jennifer. I will look out for your next book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 22 Mar 2012
I enjoyed this book. A little slow to start. Good strong female characters (although the male characters are lacking in depth) Loved the dog in the book! An overall enjoyable read

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 25 July 2013
This review is from: The Haunting of Harriet (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book couldn't put it down! A lovely paranormal read hope you will enjoy it as much as me

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping it real, 5 Mar 2012
Apart from the fact that there is a ghost in the story, i thought the author kept the story real. Teenage issues, friendships, relationships, deceit, mystery - its got it all. Don't be put off by the ghost as after a bit you forget and it becomes just another character. Read this book, you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Something A Bit Different, 1 April 2014
Lynda Kelly "Lynda" (Shipton Bellinger, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Haunting of Harriet (Kindle Edition)
This story was something a bit different and I enjoyed it. She's a new author to me but one I'll definitely read again based on this one. It only loses one star for me because of silly mistakes I spotted that spoiled it somewhat which was a great shame.
I liked the characters in this, both those in the past and the twenty-first century ones.The parallel stories reminded me a little of Kate Morton's style which I also like.
One of my irritations was (the same as Kate Morton does) is having a book set in a quintessential English village yet to use Americanised spellings-recognize/apologizing/energized, etc.
Born was used when it should be borne, compliment instead of complement, poured in place of pored and dingy, not dinghy. There were quite a lot of apostrophe mistakes, too. With mentions of The Pote's age it was wrong, too.At one point he was described as almost ten yet he came along before the children and they were already ten by then and later on his age was written down and it made him 8 !! So that wasn't right. I enjoyed his inclusion, though, I must say.
There were some very funny lines in it at times yet I was also crying in a couple of places, too. I really liked the cover and see it's one that is copyrighted to the author so that's nice.

ARRAY(0xa845ea08)