on 3 May 2013
I bought 2 of these to take on touring caravan trips, for my new puppy, who is not house trained yet. Being so young she cannot control her bladder for long. During car journeys, if she needed to go, I would put the mat on the car floor and she would use it. Also used it whenever we went visiting. Found this item a godsend. Durable, absorbant and easy to wash. Highly recommend.
on 27 November 2013
Having a puppy that took much longer to house train than any dog I have had before this has proved to be an ideal item - and much better than pads which he seemed to enjoy shredding, eating and generally not using as his potty. As it can be washed (and dried) within an hour, this is absolutely perfect - and crate sized too.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 November 2014
I bought this because I have an ex-puppy-farm rescue dog who has lived her whole 4-5 years in a cage, never in a house before. She has a whole bunch of issues we are having to overcome and one is that she is proving extremely difficult to house train. Unlike puppies and other dogs we have had she was more than happy to toilet in her bed or a crate, making it a very tricky prospect. I resisted any form of puppy pads because I was trying to train her to go outside, but after months of constantly washing carpets and getting through gallons and gallons of simple solution, I figured that if I could get her to use puppy pads it had to be better than her constantly peeing just anywhere that took her fancy.

I've been using disposable pads with some success and 9 times out of 10 she will now go on a pad. However, they look horrible all over the place and ruck up easily with 4 dogs stampeding over them so I decided to buy one of these and try it by the door to the bedroom (finding that if I shut her in with us at night she will go by the bedroom door).

It's been a great success. Some nights now she holds on until I let her out in the morning, which is amazing. When she does go, she goes on the pad. How she differentiates between that and the carpet I don't know - especially as she loves carpet as a surface to toilet on - but she does and she uses it reliably. It seems to be very absorbent and the pee seems to more or less stay in the mat. I say more or less because once or twice she went a bit near to the edge and although I couldn't see anything, the other dogs were sniffing at the carpet. In view of this, I have now ordered a large. She is only a small dog (7kg) but I think the larger the spot to hit, the better. The large is only a couple of pounds more so I would probably advise going for that one.

I also intend to use this in the car to sit one of our dogs on who is regularly travel sick on long journeys. It has a nice waterproof backing and is very absorbent so I have every faith it will hold whatever is thrown at it (quite literally!).

It's so absorbent that be warned you won't always notice the mat has been used, unlike disposable mats. I have stepped on it with bare feet and had to go and wash my foot on more than one occasion! It goes in the machine beautifully and washes well.
If our dog uses this for the rest of her life I figure it is no worse than cleaning out a litter tray and a whole lot better than trying to deal with a smelly carpet on a daily basis.
on 10 August 2013
I bought this for my puppy as I live in n apartment and out door training is hard. He uses this every time. Don't have any problems with miss haps. Very happy. Would highly recommend
on 16 July 2013
We use these under our rabbits litter trays. They get washed weekly and wash well. They're easier and less smelly than newspaper - a good investment!
on 7 November 2013
Found these very useful when got our rescue dog who doesn't seem to hold it as long as our other dog does. Just pick it up and pop in machine with some hygiene powder on a quick wash, dries very quickly too.
on 19 August 2013
Perfect as a base in the puppy pen. She has disposable puppy pads too for overnight - but I found she does like to shred them in the day if I go out - where as these are just brilliant, do the job if needed and don't get ripped up. Also great when we travel in the car - have washed them daily, they are so good I bought another. At 12 weeks old my puppy is virtually house trained - amazing - these just give the added value of soaking up upturned water bowls!!
on 22 April 2013
This is such a great idea and I am so glad I have been able to find a quality brand!
I live in a flat and it's just not practical taking my dog out every time she needs to go to the loo. These washable pads make it much easier for her to go and she loves using them as they are so absorbent!
I have since bought 3 more in the larger size as I love them so much! Well worth the investment since it used to cost me £30 every month in pads instead of the initial £50 for over 300 washes!
They wash well too!
on 14 December 2013
Excellent product arrived on time . It is only suitable for a very small dog though so it only lasted my dog a couple of months although I have now bought a large one.
on 31 October 2013
Very soft good quality plastic on bottom of blanket material should wash nice and clean for reusing on trips in car