5.0 out of 5 stars best cup out there
Best thermal cup out there it's basicly a propper thermos vacume flask with a lid for drinking from, the build quality blows any other cup I've owned out the water, don't look at anything else, stump up the extra cash and buy this one, nuff said.
Published on 15 July 2012 by Simon Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Keeps drinks HOT, LEAK PROOF and looks GOOD
As other have commented this travel mug is the real deal, it keeps the content warm for hours on end and is also leak proof. Leak proof is the key word as I have brought cheaper mugs where I didn't read the label properly and turns out they weren't leak proof at all.

Published 14 months ago by Chun K Chan

5.0 out of 5 stars best cup out there, 15 July 2012
Simon Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thermos Genuine Brand 470 ml Stainless Steel Leak-Proof Travel Mug (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, the travel mug solution ... Yeah!, 14 Aug. 2013
Well made.
Keeps coffee hot.
No added flavours from plastics.
Easy to take apart to clean so no crud developes.
Easy to drink with press button.
No leaks at all.
Handle means easy to know location of drinking slots.

I have had 4 previous travel mugs and this is the total package.

3.0 out of 5 stars Keeps drinks HOT, LEAK PROOF and looks GOOD, 11 Nov. 2013

The specifications state it should keep hot drinks warm for at least 5 hours. I did a test of filling it with boiling hot water just before I went to bed, and in the morning, after about 7/8 hours, I checked it out and it was still moderately hot. I personally prefer my tea just below piping hot, however if you aren't as fussy as I am, then making a tea/coffee the night before and putting it in this flask for the morning is an viable option.

It's so good at it's job that when I tried using it as a regular mug for green tea around the house, I had to wait 20-30 minutes at least, with the lid off, just to get the temperature below boiling hot so it wouldn't burn my tongue. Probably not suitable to use for a quick drink unless it's freezing cold or you enjoy your drinks extremely hot.

Another reason I chose this was because it looked a lot more modern and stylish compared to the other flasks in this category. When I received it I was not disappointed, it does look as nice and cool as it does in the photos. It's slightly more shiny, and the plastic is more glossy than the photos make it look, depends if you like that style or not, I don't mind but would have preferred a more dull/brushed steel look. The size is good for carrying in my backpack, taller than I expected, about the height of a coke bottle, but still within reason of putting in a bag.

In terms of drinking volume I would say its enough for a standard cup and an half of tea. I thought it would be more, but you have to leave about a quarter of the bottle for the lid to screw in, meaning you don't get the whole bottle to fill up.

Cleaning the mug is little difficult as it is a bit narrow and my hands can't quite reach the bottom. So to properly wash the bottom I have to use the end of an fork/knife to push the sponge down.

Overall if you want a decent travelling mug that's going to last a few years, hopefully, and actually is leak proof as well as great at keeping the drink hot then this is the mug for you.

EDIT: I've unfortunately had to change my rating from 5 stars to 3 stars. Even though I still love it, I have to comment on its durability with a PLASTIC cap/lid.

After using it for two months I accidentally dropped it once, from a height of no higher than 4 feet. The metal body was fine and undamaged, unfortunately the top of the PLASTIC cap/lid broke off. The lid still screwed in, and meant I could still hold liquid inside without leaking. But I had lost the ability to drink from the mug with the lid on.

Being a "Travel mug" I expected it to be more durable against a couple of knocks, especially since the price is much more expensive than other mugs. And I would have been less peeved if a replacement lid could be easily purchased. I even emailed the Thermos to see if they could help me out, and they said they could send me a new one for £8.95! just for a lid?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best travel mug I have ever used, 14 Jan. 2014
After using several cheap travel mugs over the years decided to treat myself to this more upmarket model after I broke the lip off the lid of my old mug. I was sceptical about its claim to be leak-proof but a quick test over the sink proved it was so I can now dispense with carrying coffee in a proper flask in my bag before decanting into the mug when ready to drink it but can now make and carry the coffee direct into this mug. Even so, as with a proper flask, I take care to make sure it is carried in a reasonably upright position.

Just to confirm that the lid is of the screw-in type which is much to be preferred to a push-in lid. And there is a useful indent around the inside to show the maximum fill level.

One minor thing is that the push-button to open and close the drinking vent could be more clearly marked to show which position it is in without careful inspection. That said the action of the button is very definite.

3.0 out of 5 stars Keeps drinks very hot, 17 Jan. 2014
Keeps drinks very hot in fact a bit to hot and it is quite difficult to drink out of as you don't know when the liquid is coming out so your mouth gets burnt

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent travel mug, 3 Feb. 2014
J. Christy (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
I required a new mug to fit in the narrower cup holders of my new car. Was also attracted to this due to its leak-proof and insulating properties. Can now prepare drinks well in advance of travel or take a warm drink for after a cross country to have in the car on the way back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot hot hot!, 29 Jan. 2014
This product looks great, sleek and perfectly complemented my partner's car interior! It keeps coffee really hot for several hours. It's could be easier to drink out of it and there have been a few spills but I am still considering getting another one as it's the best travel mug I've come across!

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but best travel mug I've owned., 9 Aug. 2013
Love this mug! Keeps my coffee piping hot for hours.
I'm terrible for putting down my coffee after a couple of sips then forgetting it. This mug has saved me from wasting or having to reheat numerous cups of cold coffee (Coffee is still drinkable temperature in the morning if I fall asleep halfway through my bed time drink!).
The leakproof feature works brilliantly, no spillage when held upside down and shaken.
Only looses 1 star due to price - Would love to buy a couple more but tripple the price of other 'ok' travel mugs making it too expensive to have spares.

2.0 out of 5 stars slick aesthetics but the lid cannot be washed without being damanged, 6 Nov. 2014
Charbel Gereige "c" (London) - See all my reviews
This works well until you try to wash it first time, and then:
- the top open/close button starts to get stuck, and the tip of it falls off
- don't even try to dishwash it .. the lid will taste of detergent ever after
- if you happen to have the white lid - forget about finding same colour replacement again.

The mug itself is slick and stylish, and it's really good at keeping temperature, but at this price tag you'd expect a better lid design that can be washed easily and nicely. Washing this lid is near impossible without damaging it or the detergent remains forever after. shame

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mug, 2 Nov. 2013
Brilliant mug, have been using it every day and I'm disabled so it works real well for me, would recommend to everyone, holds quite a lot too