5.0 out of 5 stars Pentax Optio VS20 Digital camera
Very pleased with this camera, good zoom @ 35 yards, good options of camera picture settings,
real good value for the money, pity it did not come with a case, but would highly recommend this
camera for ease of shots, and general photography.

John A Sutton
Published on 25 July 2012 by J A Sutton

1.0 out of 5 stars Just don't bother
Published 14 months ago by Helen

5.0 out of 5 stars Pentax Optio VS20 Digital camera, 25 July 2012
This review is from: Pentax Optio VS20 Digital Camera - Black (16MP, 20x Wide Angle Optical Zoom and Dual Shutter) 3 inch LCD Screen (Electronics)
camera for ease of shots, and general photography.

John A Sutton

4.0 out of 5 stars pentax optio vs20, 4 Sep 2012
nice camera, bigger and heavier than might of thought to be.dual shutter button a handy option. imformative menu imformation good pictures.neat plug-in battery charger,sq 3pin unit,handy allround package for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pentax Optio VS20 Digital Camera, 14 Sep 2012
Well for this Camera the price and list of handy features has to be taken in to consideration.

Save settings for shutter and flash mode: Yes
Ability to stand on end for Portrate shoots: Yes
Handy dual controls: Yes
Remote control option: Yes
OIS: Yes
Super zoom (20x optical): Yes

But the other side to he coin!

Noisey image sensor: Yes
Over jpeg compression with NO control over quality: Yes
Poor low light performance: Yes
Below avrage battery life: Yes
Unreliable focusing and OIS: Yes
Poor Flash location (on hand grip): Yes

So.

For the money and an abover avrage cheap second camera its a YES; OR just a handy practical snapster then go for it!

BUT if you are looking for serious image quality in all light conditions then NO!

The raiting for the cost, features and what it is, and NOT what it could be is 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars A happy purchase, 2 Aug 2013
After loosing my trusty Pentax Optio S45 I decided to stay with this make for this purchase and I was not disappointed. The camera exceeds all my needs, was delivered promptly and in perfect and complete condition. I would thouroughly reccomment the product and supplier to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Jun 2013
Mr. R. J. Cooper (u.k) - See all my reviews
Great item, fast delivery. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 26 Feb 2013
Great product and services easy to use and set up would use this company again and would recommend them to friends

5.0 out of 5 stars great travel companion, 30 Jan 2013
I chose the rating because its exactly what I wanted
a compact camera, does all that I ask of it

although could come with a camera bag

I bought a small bag, but could have anticipated additional bits and pieces to carry with the camera

would recommend it to holiday makers and family with small growing children in school plays and the like

1.0 out of 5 stars Just don't bother, 1 Jun 2013
I have been using Pentax cameras for years and have always been happy with the performance - until I bought the Optio VS20. Initially I was attracted by the high MP and zoom, as well as by the second shutter release and electronic spirit level (I am disabled so don't stand straight and end up with sloping horizons in photographs). In fact, I find both these helpful and I like the large screen and the battery charger which plugs straight into the socket without any trailing cables. These advantages are, however, offset by the camera's poor design: for example, the flash is located just above and very close to the camera grip so it is very easy to obscure it with a finger. Some useful features are needlessly difficult to find - instead of pressing the delete button twice to delete all images one now has to press the menu button to reach settings then scroll down to the end of the second page - a nuisance. In general, the performance doesn't live up to expectations (even after switching off the digital zoom) and I get better results from my old 8MP Pentax Optio L50. A final point: the battery life is very poor - I completely drained one battery and used about half the power in a second battery in just over 2 hours photography. Just as well I like the charger, isn't it?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, 31 Mar 2013
I have not had much luck with compact cameras - they routinely break down after 13 months so I have had to throw them away and get another. I decided to choose one that was a little more expensive in the hope that it would outlast its predecessors and, fingers crossed, this one seems to be doing that. It's neat and easy to use in the basic mode (i don't use the advanced features) and produces excellent pictures. It does have a special battery but it's rechargeable and comes with its own charger in the box. I bought a second battery so that I am never without one. All in all, a very nice camera.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for photos, terrible for videos, 11 Mar 2014
I bought one of these very cheap off ebay, and for my needs, it's fine, though not outstanding. I have a good SLR which is my main camera, but I needed something pocket-sized. Basically I need it for work, for taking quick snaps of animal tracks, plants, trees etc for identification. I also wanted something with a decent zoom for the occasional animal photo, so this fits the bill fine. There are three main downsides to this camera, and they are well worth considering before deciding to buy it.

1. The LCD screen isn't great or very clear during live view.
2. Massive purple fringing, though if you set the white balance to something a bit warmer it's not so bad.
3. This is the biggest problem with the camera - you CAN'T use the optical zoom when taking videos, only the digital zoom which means a huge loss in image quality. This is really disappointing and an unbelievably stupid move by pentax. It renders the camera utterly useless for shooting video, despite the fact that it boasts HD video recording. In short, if you want to be able to shoot decent video, DO NOT buy this camera.