Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.59

on 24 October 2013
I delayed buying 7-deadly, due to some indifferent reviews and also being a UFO fan for some years, I find it disappointing if not a little expected when their new material fails to live up to the high standards set in the seventies and eighties.
How wrong I was! Seven Deadly is a very good collection of songs indeed which pays homage to their rock classics of yesteryear, Phil Mogg's blues roots and also his sometime penchant for Springsteen-like lyrics. There is also a darker and melancholic, but no less classy side revealed on tracks such as Burn Your House Down and Waving Goodbye.
Vinnie Moore is no Michael Schenker but he is still a fine guitar player. Like Schenker, he has the ability to lift a track from good to great and his authority is stamped all over this album. Highlights are Wonderland - the riff reminds me of the classic We Belong To The Night- and Angel Station, a powerful bluesy ballad. In truth though, there are no fillers on Seven Deadly. As I found albeit belatedly, its well worth adding to your collection.
on 24 August 2012
A great new album (or it was when I bought it).

On top of this album I then went to see them live on tour, they did a number of songs from this album and they stood well against their old classic songs. Moggs and the boy have done well!
on 17 April 2015
Just been to see ufo live in norwich , gave this a whirl next day.Wow this is really good up with the best ufo albums. Excellent lead guitar as good as Schenker nearly. Phil Moggs vocals have really matured over the years , a virtual classic album,am listening the fourth time. YOURE NEVER TO OLD TO ROCK AND ROLL as someone once said.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2012
After the recent toug gig at Newcastle I bought this album on the hurry up, as usual fantastic live. As soon as it dropped on the mat it was played with great excitement and anticipation. Thats were the glee ended. What has happened to this great album machine that has had me singing and tapping my feet for years. Gone have the rolling lyrics and the great guitar solos. Now we have blues vocals trying to sit along rock guitar, it does not work. Did they not learn from the failed Visitor. Vinnie is a great guitarist but my oh my his playing on Seven Deadly is so off to the rest of the bands playing you can tell with out knowing he recorded his work in a different continent. I could go through all the tracks but there all much of the same except the last two which should have got no where near the studio. Like the Visitor not one of these tracks will be played on their next tour. They get a three out five beccause of true loyalty. Pete Ways writing skills are missed.
on 16 February 2014
I first saw UFO on the No Place To Run tour at Middlesbrough a good few years ago.

I have bought most of their material since then and enjoyed it all. But I have to say that this offering is in my view their best since Obsession. Its a real classic, full of driving riff's, good clear vocals ... its just pure classic rock.

I'm going to see them in Sheffield in March - can't wait. These guys still have it, they can show a lot of the younger bands a thing or two.

If you are or have been a UFO fan - buy this CD, you will not be disappointed.
on 28 January 2014
UFO are back to their best with this polished rock and bluesy treat - highlighted with the modern classic "Wonderland" - what a riff!
Like a fine wine this band have grown from their pop-rock days into a mature sounding heavy rock and blues super group!
It's fantastic to know UFO are still together making great albums and gigging after all this time - they truly are living rock legends!
on 14 March 2012
i agree with every word of Richard D James review. Dull, dreary and merely a continuation of the last disappointing cd The Visitor. Fortunatley I listened to this on Nabster and did not shellout 10 notes, and wont be doing so!

It is with heavy heart that i write this. Strangers in the Night is my all time #1 live album and Obsession my =1st studio album of all time.

the 2 stars are for: moggs vocals, as superb as ever, and the fact that this is UFO. The guitar style is perhaps the largest disappointment. a poor cd.

I am simply staggered by other reviewers who gave them 5* ratings. it is nothing like the mid to late 70's albums and far from "the classic UFO" sound.

Regrettably this cd is as poor as the recent Van Halen one, in its own way.
on 20 February 2015
Classic UFO delivered with panache along with trademark riffs and the timeless Mogg vocals. This is a damn fine album with a few belting tracks. Just buy it and enjoy!!!!!!!!!
on 20 February 2013
U F O never let you down, great Album, cant wait to see them live next week in huddersfield. Nice one lads keep it coming.
on 27 April 2015