on 3 June 2012
I bought the book a few months ago and it's already making a strong improvement to my knowledge of the Romanian language. This book will cover everything you need to learn and in simple easy steps, it's not a book you can rush, if you want to be successful learning the language you need to take your time and make sure you learn these things. It's advice on how to learn the information is brilliant and helps the reader learn it in their way, this makes me the book adaptable to the reader.

It's not for the American reader as it is designed for European English readers, however the differences are minimal and it wouldn't do much harm for any other English speakers to buy. I write down all the vocabulary lists & list of verbs in [...] which allows me to study them in different ways to make sure I fully understand and know my Romanian vocabulary & verbs.

Nice exercises at the end to make sure you understand and some lovely historic insights where you discover some of Romania's history as well.

I however, am a person who needs to see the logic behind words to understand (i.e. the word by word equivalent) and for the first few units of this book, you're thrown straight in and are asked to learn them without knowing why (i.e. Vorbi 'i mai rar, v' rog = Speak more slowly, please). Also the book summarises most of the phrases in the collective term of you, which may be too formal than what Romanian speaks are actually expected to learn, but I don't believe it does too much harm. Regarding understanding the logic behind the first few units, I recommend doing some basic Romanian lessons you can find online, just to gain some knowledge of Romanian prior to starting to book, so at least you'll have a head start which will fundamentally help you to understand what and why they ask you to learn these words until the explanations are brought in later on. I created two Flashcard sets: [...] will help give you the initial knowledge of the Romanian language (you don't need to do all 30 but at least 5-10 would help you out with the book) and [...] which goes through the vocabulary & verb lists asked for from the actual book in it's units. Please know that you need the book alongside it's audio CD to understand these fully. The flashcard sets alone won't teach you 'Complete Romanian', you need the book as all the explanations of grammar etc. are in there.

I am on Unit 9 now and have only read a third of the overall book and I'm already seeing some great changes to my Romanian language skills. I recommend (and ask you to make sure) you get the book WITH the audio CD tracks as some people may only learn through hearing them. There is a few versions of this book around, please make sure you're getting the complete version with the audio CD but if you don't, don't worry as it wont affect learning the book by much.

Incredible book and it's working miracles at the moment for my Romanian language skills. If you want the best in learning the Romanian language, look no further as this book is modern (2010) and will be our best guide to becoming Romanian speakers.

Mul'umesc foarte mult!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 16 January 2013
This was a Present for my son. He appears to be please with it as he hasn't commented that it wasn't what he wanted.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again