Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.94

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 February 2013
Allie Jordan is 19 and has just found out she is pregnant and can't wait to tell her boyfriend who she is madly in love with but her dreams fade to black when her mobster-wanna-be boyfriend is executed at her feet. She's spared the same fate by a muscle-bound vigilante who tosses her over his shoulder and turns her life upside down, in more ways than one.

Jase Tyler has one goal in life--to exact revenge on the Chicago mobsters who slaughtered his family. But when he rescues Allie, things begin to change. The last thing he wants is to be responsible for a woman who reminds him he has a soul, but there's a price on her head, and he refuses to let the mob have her.

I had a bit of trouble believing that one minute Allie is in love with her boyfriend and when he is killed in front of her, she seems to get over it almost immediately and falls in love with Jase.

The mob that killed Allie's boyfriend are also after Allie so to keep her safe, Jase gets her a new identity and provides for her so she can go and live in California and get an education. Allie has decided that she will give the baby up for adoption, so Jase gives her a number to call for when she has the baby. Although Jase has fallen in love with Allie he has to let her go..

Fast forward 6 years and Allie is now a Cop but she is annoyed as she hasn't been able to move on love wise in her life. There is a guy called Ryan who she likes but she won't take the next step in their relationship mainly because Jase is still in her life. Not literally, but every month he deposits 5 thouusand dollars in her account. She decides to confront him and travels back to Chicago. I found this a bit strange considering she knows it's not safe for her to be in Chicago.

What happens then is all a bit far fetched suffice is to say alls well that ends well and her and Jase reunite and declare their love, but Jase has been keeping something from Allie and when she finds out she is not happy (again, I found this secret a bit far fetched).

Although I had my problems with some of the plot, for a freebie, it was quite a good read and I liked Jase (not sure about Allie!). I did feel it ended a bit abruptly. I would have liked an epilogue. I would recommend it if it is available again for free.
on 21 February 2013
I thought the start of this book was a bit unrealistic! But the more you read, the more you get sucked in. Gripping, fast paced and edge of the seat stuff. I loved this book. Some parts were predictable but this doesn't take anything away from the story. Excellent read.
on 5 March 2014
I enjoyed this story although there were a few plot points that I found a little too far fetched. The story does flow well though and you do want the characters to be together
on 24 October 2012
I loved this book, started it last night and would have finished it earlier today If I didn't have to work.