Style Name: Without Mic|Colour Name: Blue & Black|Change

VINE VOICEon 31 May 2013
Style Name: Without Mic|Colour Name: Black/Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Really pleased with these Skullcandy 2.0 In-Ear Headphones. They come with two sets of different sized buds which are easy to change. I opted for the smaller ones as they sit further into the ear, therefore giving a better listening experience. If you've never used these type of in-ear phones before, make sure you insert them a bit like ear plugs. Lift the ear up and out as you insert them and then they'll stay there until you take them out.

I've had a few different types of these over the years. I'm no sound expert but I do like my music, and of course, not all ear-phones produce the same result. Have to say these Skullcandy ones are my new favourites. Up until now, I'd been using 'Jays a-jay two' inner ear-phones, and they were pretty decent, but these Skullcandy are not only cheaper, but imo are better. They have better base - much deeper - and a clearer sound quality. I compared the same song between both sets and the Skullcandy definitely came out on top. I listened to a track by the group Within Temptation, a symphonic metal band. These ear-phones dealt with the contrast of the sweet melody of the female lead, the deep base and rich operatic sound of the song track superbly. If they can cope with that, they can cope with most things. They are also good with the spoken word, providing a clear, life-like sound, not tinny or muffled.

They also have a flat cable making them virtually tangle free.

There may well be better ear-phones out there, but for price and quality combined, I don't think these can be beaten.

Very happy :)
on 1 October 2012
I have been through 10 sets of in-ear headphones in the last 3 years and wasted a good deal of money including Bose IE1 at (£90), Shure e3c (£120), Klipsch S4 (£50) and can say without a doubt that these are the best value for money. The sound is less coloured than the Bose IE1s, there is better response at the low end than the Shure E3cs and the build quality is far superior to the Klipsch S4. The strange thing is, they cost a fraction of any of these other sets (£20). I could talk at length about the 'no-tangle' ribbon wire and the simple and well placed microphone and control button but I would much rather scream: "GET THEM! THEY ARE FANTASTIC!". I hope this helps someone decide. :)
22 comments|111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Not too expensive and well packaged headphones.

EARBUDS
=======
They come with two sets: small buds and large buds. Both were acceptable. The smaller are more comfortable, whilst letting in a little more external sound. The larger buds I found a tiny bit more noticeable in the ear, with no air or external sound leaking in.

QUALITY
=======
Appear well made and have survived several drops on the floor, stepping on and a lassoing.

SOUND
=====
Fine. Not too base-y. Not too tin-ey. Certainly not top end quality headphone sound. (But they're not top end price) For the money they are good.

OVERALL
=======
I quite like them, I found them responsive, comfortable and eye catching.

RECOMMENDED
===========
on 8 October 2013
I've already got a pair of NuForce NE-6 In-Ear Headphones but wanted more earbuds to leave in my 'bike bag'. The Skull Candy Ink'd 2.0 phones sound good enough for general daily listening on the train and I can leave them in my ears for an hour or so before they become uncomfortable. Not painful; I just get fed up with having plastic corks in my lug holes. I wonder whether this is because there's a little embossed Skull Candy logo sticking out in two places on each of the silicon rubber pieces?

These are by no means audiophile quality transducers but for the meagre price they're pretty good. A darned sight better than the garbage you normally get with most mobile devices these days. Enough treble and bass. As with any earbuds, you have to get a perfect seal between the earbud and your exterior ear canal to get any bass.

The anti-tangle flat cable works well. Can scrunch or coil the cable, chuck it in a pocket and easily unravel it afterwards.

Build quality is rubbish however. Moulding marks all over the place and the wires are moulded into the plastic 'Y-piece' in a lopsided manner. Cable is also very thin, so it won't take much yanking and bending before it breaks.

At the price though, I don't care if I lose them.
on 9 May 2013
I decided to take a risk buying these, despite some reviews warning of poor build quality:
- First impressions were good, they were a smart, simple design that was comfortable in my ear;
- The single button control worked with my Nexus 4;
- The microphone was well placed (unlike some, where the mic ends up round the lower neck area!);
- The cable is tangle-proof, but not so wide that you can hear the vibration from every footstep (as with some other in-ears I had with a tangle-proof cable);
- Sound quality was reasonable and well balanced.

However, after around 6 or 7 weeks I found the microphone started to play up, with callers unable to hear me speak, then little over 2 weeks after that the sound faded in one ear and then cut out completely. Therefore I am now returning them back to Amazon and trawling the internet for a replacement that is of a reasonable price.

It's a real shame, if it weren't for the failings in the build quality they would've been perfect.
on 13 February 2014
Earphones broke after two weeks of light use. The ear plugs practically fell appart. Very disappointed, hence the one star.
on 14 February 2013
Good sound quality...good price, decent buy. 14 more words required until I am allowed to post this review boom shakalaka.
22 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 July 2014
Good headphones for the price, which seem better quality that some online reviewers - mainly audiophiles, would lead you to believe. I would also like to point out that the INK'd 2.0 do indeed have L and R marks which the INK'd 1 apparently didn't have...
on 17 April 2013
Have been using these for a week and already they are losing sound in the left earpiece. I understand headphones are a consumable and usually go through a pair every 3-4 months but these didn't last a week.

They say you get what you pay for but I regularly buy headphones at this price range which sound just as good and are built much better. Very disappointed with these and won't be looking at Skullcandy products again for a long time.
review image
on 16 June 2015
Item not as described. This did not have an in-line mic. Unfortunately, as it was purchased as a gift, I only found out after the return policy expired.