4.0 out of 5 stars Great in-ear headphones at this price point
Having used these headphones for a couple of months, I can now write a small review.
Published 21 months ago by Maupertus

3.0 out of 5 stars Skull Candy Titan 2.0 In-Ear Headphones with Mic
Published 15 months ago by Jas-L

3.0 out of 5 stars Skull Candy Titan 2.0 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Skullcandy Titan 2.0 In-Ear Headphones with Mic - Black/Black (Electronics)
A pretty decent pair of In-Ear Headphones, in terms of sound, look and in-ear comfort, for the price (which was discounted by almost 70% at the time). However, this product was not compatible with the Sony Xperia Ray smartphone; (one of the reasons for the lower star rating). In terms of the design, on a minor note, due to not having an L-shaped attachment connecting the headphones to the headphone jack, the cable projects awkwardly from whatever device is being used, so it's easier to bend the wiring. On the plus side, the product is compatible with both the Kindle Fire HD and the HP G61110SA notebook and seems to be functioning well, following a few month's use. When listening to music using the same laptop model, surprisingly, the volume does not need to be raised much before hearing a clear sound, with a distinct bass which does not overpower the treble. With the Kindle Fire HD, the volume needs to be raised more, for a similar level of audibility.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great in-ear headphones at this price point, 19 July 2013
Looking for some good headphones for exercising (mostly running) outdoors, I needed a sturdy pair with (if possible) phone controls and mic. After some scouting around on various sites, I found out that there are a number of specialty headphones available by for instance senheisser. I have used senheissers and was always glad to have them, if never impressed. However these are usually a bit more expensive for the torture I will put them through. These Titan 2.0's were on sale on Amazon and I thought I'd give them a try. Reviews on other sites were good and at a bit over 20 pounds, it was an interesting idea.
The Titans are really good for their price. It has an overall well rounded great sound. Not a lot of bass (which I do not really miss, but important if you like bass heavy music), very nice treble. I listen to Classical, Rock, Metal and Jazz, and all work really very well. It doesn't compare to the sound of my main AudioTechnica's, but it doesn't distort like the cheaper models do.
After a hundred miles of sweaty me, they are still in pristine condition. The cable is nice and thick and withstands the movements very well, the main shells are out of aluminum and aren't corroding and the driver units are still in good shape. People do not notice when I am using this headset or are making a 'normal' phone call.
I can highly recommend these headphones. You can get better, and if you do not like having in-ears while jogging you need an other model, but they will cost more. In my opinion, for the price this is a great deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars My fourth pair, 7 Jun. 2013
These are actually my fourth pair of Titans, The first pair stopped working on one side and the cord became really brittle and hard over time. My second and third pair were lost and stolen respectively. On the plus side I have tried out dark silver, chrome, black and I can say that the red ones so far are my favourite. They have kept their vibrant colour. The red coating seemed a little plasticy in the beginning but it hasn't worn or chipped like I thought it would and still looks like it has a metal finish. Very good earphones and I would find it hard to move away from this particular set of earphones. They have the perfect balance of sound, value for money and compactness. I have experiences a few ppl complaining that calls are quiet with the built in microphone but I need to test this out more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Got the Lemon!, 17 Feb. 2014
M. Goyal - See all my reviews
I had skullcandy before, so bought this one after reading so many good reviews about the sound etc..
Delivery was fine.. got it in approx 3 days.. sound is fine too.
I noticed something wrong with the earphones when it started hurting in my ear, like someone is pinching.. I could feel electricity passing though it.. probably due to metal rim? these earphones would decide anytime to just swich from headphone mode to normal speakers mode.. i.e. stop working and have the system confused as if there was nothing inserted in the 3.5mm jack..
I primarily bought them for my phone.. and these earphones managed to trash it in non-fixable way.. had to send my phone back to the manfacturer.. they took 3 weeks to identify the problem, but nothing found. Luckily i had the manufacturer's warranty, so got a new one as replacement.

Just be careful and test these before using with your phone.

2.0 out of 5 stars cable is not tangle-free anymore, 7 Mar. 2015
Andrew (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought 2 of this type in the past. They are better then the iPhone headset as they isolate external noise much better. With the other 2 I had a problem. Using them at the gym, the sweat was probably infiltrating the microphone causing it not work properly or not to work at all for at least 24h. Fair enough. So I decided to buy one to use every day and leave the other one just for the gym. But this one came with a different cable. The previous 2 (same model) had a flat tangle-free cable. This one came with a poor cable that tends to get tangled. I can't process a swap of products because apparently it's like they manufacture them now. Not that happy. Sad because the technology is quite good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound for a tiny price tag, 21 Nov. 2013
I've owned many in-ear earphones, from Sony MDR-EX71SLB to Shure E2C-N via Creative EP-830 - and some Sennheiser, briefly, not to mention some modest Samsung earphones (go figure, the best and most durable ones I've had). The latest ones were SoundMAGIC E10, which were in the OK+ category.

Immediately these Skullcandy Titan feel very comfortable in the ear and the sound is wow! Clear crisp sound in the full spectrum, with powerful yet not overpowering bass. Added bonus they have a mic, which I needed, and which doubles up as a control (pause/mute, next/previous song). They isolate noise better than any other I've owned in the past, and I don't think they themselves leak too much sound (a barely audible tchk-tchk at medium volume in a quiet room).

All this for a lot cheaper than any of my previous earphones!? Where's the catch? Well, I'm in no rush to find out. The earphones look reasonably sturdy and well-made, with a cool logo to boot. I have no illusion though, I've stopped regarding earphones as eternal things, they're just commodity - when they last me a year or so, I consider they have rendered me an honorable service. So when I find such good ones at twelve quid-ish, I'm tempted to stock half a dozen, and hope it will do me for the best part of this decade.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 29 Dec. 2013
The headphones feel very cheap & plasticky (unlike my previous skullcandy headphones) & the buttons did not work with my iPhone.
Would not recommend these.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound good while they lasted; I'd give them a miss!, 31 July 2014
Sound quality is fine but build quality is not, the microphone has never worked and after less than 6 months the right ear piece has packed up. I've used them on average 3 times per week in the gym and even made the effort to pop them back in their nice little storage tin after every use; I've abused cheaper headsets that sound as good, by chucking them in my gym bag, and these lasted 4 times as long.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish..., 10 Jan. 2014
These headphones started off ok but finished poorly...
firstly, they were plasticy and seemed feeble when out the packed instead of the metal expected from the picture... this was proven when the left headphones cracked and fell off after 3 days of use for me with little strain on them to do so...
buy the creative headphones instead... same price but different gravy!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very uncomfortable, 25 Feb. 2014
The sound of these is fine. But they are so uncomfortable to wear. What can't be seen from the pictures are the large drivers that were pressing against my ear. It makes them unwearable for periods longer than 10 minutes. For me.
I haven't had issues with headphones before, but then I've not had any with drivers this big before.