5.0 out of 5 stars TRITON 9.5KW Etana Elevtric Shower
I was searching for an electric shower that was a direct replacement for the Triton Opal that I had fitted, but no longer worked. A direct replacement would not necessitate any re-plumbing or re-wiring.
Published on 11 July 2012 by brian7890

1.0 out of 5 stars Unstable temperature
I bought one of these showers a year or so ago and had to call the engineers out twice under the guarantee. The temperature wasn't stable, and the engineer found broken parts inside the casing. I was still having trouble after that, so I decided to replace it. I bought the same model because there was then no need to alter the plumbing or electrics. I thought I could not...
Published 16 months ago by John Barclay

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars TRITON 9.5KW Etana Elevtric Shower, 11 July 2012
After much research, I discovered the Triton Etana met my requirements. It is exactly the same in all dimensions and physical appearance - the main difference being the mechanical controls on the Etana, as opposed to the electronic controls on the Opal.
As it was the electronic control that had failed on the Opal, the Etana should be far more reliable.

The Triton Etana 9.5KW unit is first rate. A great shower unit that works perfectly every time and a unit that I would fully endorse.

An interesting note - the official Triton website does NOT list the Etana in its product range !!! However, the Etana can be bought from nearly all the major supermarkets, albeit you will pay double the price that Amazon sell them for !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, 4 July 2013
David Nash (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Triton Etana 8.5kW Electric Shower - White (DIY & Tools)
I purchased this shower unit to replace a first generation Triton Jade unit which had developed an internal leak, having established that it was a DIRECT replacement, with electrical and plumbing connections, and fixings, identical to the old Jade unit. Strangely, this unit is not listed on the Jade website as part of their range (as far as I could tell, but is sold by Amazon, various supermarket chains and other outlets.

It was a snip to fit, if you are into DIY, went directly in place of the old Jade unit, and I am a happy bunny again

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, 20 May 2013
H. G. Bradley "Bifferkit" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I had a Triton Opal shower and this replaced it without any problems. Only four stars because the 'chrome' finish on the dials are a bit nasty looking. I would still purchase another A) ease of installation B) does what it says.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent replacement for previous Triton Opal, 14 Jun. 2013
Andrew "Little time to "read" plenty ... (Chinnor, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Although I did get a plumber in to do the swap - of two old, slighly clunky Triton Opal showers - the new showers are great and went in very easily.

In operation - slighlty nicer to use than the Opals - water is hot almost instantly - and when you press "stop" it stops pretty much instantly also.

5.0 out of 5 stars My New Triton Etana Shower Unit., 5 May 2013
I have always had a Triton Shower Unit and this is a replacement for my previous Triton Model.
I am delighted with the ease at which I was able replace my old Triton Shower Unit with it.
The performance is every bit as good as my previous model and much quieter in operation.
I can thoroughly recommend this Model as an Excellent Replacement for the Triton Topaz T80i.

5.0 out of 5 stars Triton Etana 8.5kw Electric shower-white, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Triton Etana 8.5kW Electric Shower - White (DIY & Tools)
Bought to replace another Triton shower without any hassle. It did the trick my husband replaced our old shower easily

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Replacement Shower!, 31 Dec. 2014
Firebox50 (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Triton Etana 8.5kW Electric Shower - White (DIY & Tools)
Bought to replace a Triton Topaz after reading the reviews the main reason was its price against the Topaz so much cheaper! And must say it's an almost straight swap as wiring and plumbing are in the same places as the Topaz so nothing needs altering there

Only problem the fixing holes are different so had to re-drill the wall for new fixings. No great hardship though.

Function wise its as easy to use as the Topaz, but does not seem as powerful, but that may be due to lower water pressure in the winter shall see what its like in the warmer months.

4.0 out of 5 stars has been an excellent replacement for the previous unit, 30 Oct. 2014
Stuart Mitchenall (Warlingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Triton Etana 8.5kW Electric Shower - White (DIY & Tools)
has been an excellent replacement for the previous unit, a Topaz T80 unit. Fittings in exactly the same positions to allow a straight swap. Provides a good shower and only question is what features it has which make it radically different other than some cosmetic appearance changes ( and thus justify its rather greater pricing?)

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works, 24 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Triton Etana 8.5kW Electric Shower - White (DIY & Tools)
Bought as a replacement for an excisting shower and does what it's supposed to do. A good product, no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant shower, 28 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Triton Etana 8.5kW Electric Shower - White (DIY & Tools)
We ordered this as a replacement for our old Triton Jade. A very nice shower and the price is much better on amazon as compared to any where else. Very pleased with the product

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›