5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Item.
There are hundreds of wallets available on Amazon but there were a few reasons why I opted for the North Face:

Published 20 months ago by K. P. Borley

3.0 out of 5 stars half decent wallet but.....
Published 6 months ago by kickthetv643

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Item., 5 Jan 2013
K. P. Borley "Little-bit-of-bread-and-no-cheese" (Battlesbridge, England.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

1) I needed a zipped compartment for my notes as well as a standard tuck-in compartment, and this has both. When I travel abroad I like to have my notes stash in a secure zipped compartment in my wallet and have a small amount in the tuck-in compartment for everyday use. On checking the images of the other wallets most of them did not have a zipped compartment.

2) I wanted a well made item that was not going to let me down. My previous purchases of other cheaper makes had lasted just a few months before the zips broke. North Face make top quality tent and camping equipment and I took a chance that this would also be the same for their wallet - I wasn't wrong.

3) I wanted a non-leather wallet.

Other information:

The wallet is available in 3 colours; red, black and yellow, all are the same and at the time of writing are all priced equally. I would say it is very slightly larger than a standard sized wallet but not too big and will fit comfortably in a pocket, it closes using 2 strong stud fasteners. As previously stated it has 2 note compartments (one with zip), it has 3 card compartments (one with visable clear plastic), a velcro-closing pocket (this could be used for coins), and it also has a small clip sewn inside (this could hold a key). The outer material is smooth and reminds me of the material used in the top quality stuff sacks.

Summary:

You never know for sure what you are getting from looking at images but I can honestly say that I was delighted when my wallet arrived, it was all I hoped it would be. The quality is evident; the studs are strong, stitching good, plenty of room in the compartments, good material, zip seems good, and it has very nice feel to it. This is not the cheapest wallet you'll find on Amazon but in my opinion it's worth the money and I would rather pay a bit more for something that is going to last and that you can rely on, especially if travelling. The true test of course is the test of time, but I have confidence it will last. If it fails in any way I'll come on and update my review so if there is nothing added then you know it is still working perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong wallet!, 20 Oct 2013
Just what I wanted for my husband who DESTROYS wallets as a freelance cameraman that travels the world. Waterproof, a ZIP pocket for cash so nothing falls out and a VELCRO pouch for change so that stays put too. Strong poppers to hold it shut - this is a rugged wallet!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality kit, 7 Oct 2013
D. Tomey - See all my reviews
This is well made. Used for a week only and observations as follows :
Slightly larger than normal but useful full length zipped compartment for bank notes.
Velcro pocket for credit cards or coins
Very bright colour - not easy to misplace
Closure is by 2 poppers - might prove to show rub down the line but material seems very tough so far

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little wallet for a great price, 21 April 2014
Miss J. M. Austin (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This great little wallet comes in a variety of different colours. I bought the yellow one thinking it would easier to find among all my other stuff when rummaging around in a backpack or handbag. It is made from strong water resistant material so just right for a back packing trip around Iceland, or indeed anywhere. There are others that I looked at, but this proved to be the best as it is better made with larger compartments. A few more card slots might have been useful, but I like to travel light, and taking less cards means I spend less money - how many after all do you need? There is a useful clear pocket which can be used for ID cards, bus tickets etc., which can double as an extra card slot if needed. The wallet also comes with a coin purse and two areas for notes, one of which could be used for either a different currency or perhaps tickets etc. All in all a great little wallet for a great price.

3.0 out of 5 stars half decent wallet but....., 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: The North Face Base Camp Wallet (Luggage)
The north face basecamp wallet is nice enough to look at and is made out of durable material, but what lets it down is the absolute shocking state of the stitching job on these wallets, half the time loose threads and the cordura materials dont line up at all, first one gave away after a week so i ordered the black one as a replacement, poor job by northface on quality control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Designer wallet, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: The North Face Base Camp Wallet (Luggage)
Brilliant Quality!!!!! husband very happy with it, very secure with two poppers which hold it closed. Much better than the picture, nice quality item!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for my husband, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: The North Face Base Camp Wallet (Luggage)
My husband really likes this wallet because there is a lot of compartment. You can put coins, cards and money of course. And the quality is good. Well done!

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading product description, 25 July 2014
This review is from: The North Face Base Camp Wallet (Luggage)
Rubbish - fastener button broke in two days - product description stated Velcro fastener. I see now that the photo shows button fastener. Anyway, very annoying to have it bust in two days. Returning to Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars very sturdy, 22 Aug 2014
very sturdy, strong poppers, plenty of space and the coin pouch is bigger than it appears. Only tiny negative was that it appeared a little bigger than the screenshot

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT HAPPY _ NORTH FACE HAVE LET THEMSELVES DOWN HERE, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: The North Face Base Camp Wallet (Luggage)
I had high hopes for this wallet because I love North Face as a brand. I think one of the key components of a wallet is it's size. This wallet is much to bulky. It's made really well and looks okay but, because of it's size, you can't put much in it without it being too big for your pocket. It's a real shame.

The North Face Base Camp Wallet - TNF Black, One Size