on 30 August 2012
For all those very confused about the listing of this product I would like to offer some help. Like other past reviews here I was also miffed by the Multi Region "but only plays back Region 2" heading. But let me assure all I bought it specifically from Harrow Electronics - got it within 5 days and it plays old DVD's (Region 1) bought in the States over a decade ago, absolutely fine. New & old European DVDs, copies of DVDs made on a laptop, and others in my collection made using a DVD recorder (DVD+RW) a USB memory stick also played fine for pictures through this unit. So hopefully this will quash others doutbs and frustrations like I had if your after a cheapy but good Multi Region DVD player. Very pleased!
on 4 March 2012
An excellent multi region DVD Player, plays all region DVD discs without any problems simply put in any region dvd discs into the player and it will play.
on 13 May 2013
This little DVD player is excellent. We've used it to play both UK and USA DVDs (some of which are quite old) and it's had no problem.

Reads the discs quite quickly too and was very easy to set it. Haven't seen an equivalent for this price!
on 16 May 2013
I wanted a player that would play a dvd for region 1. The choice was £40 for a version of the dvd for region 2, or for a player that would play the region 1 dvd and others. Obvious choice. No difficulties, just connect and play.
on 27 April 2013
Great little machine. Small, light and fits the bill. No fuss setting it up, just plug in and play. I think I should mention though that there is no scart lead included in the box, but these are cheap enough to buy. I was fortunate to have had a spare one. Would recommend this product.
on 4 June 2013
I can now play all DVDs from other regions,I brought all mine when moved from USA they play same here, no probs
on 6 January 2013
Product is good and plays discs well. Although a little noisy there seem to be no issues with it. Very good.
on 23 April 2013
I've put off buying a region 1 player for ages because I expected them to be expensive so when I saw this one I didn't expect it to be up to much.
It's perfect, plays region 1 DVD's and all my region 2 ones as well. It's small ad lightweight and obviously quite cheap as well. It comes with all the bits you need to get it going (sorry not very technical).

Can't ask for more.
on 6 November 2012
I bought this from Harrow Electronics on the previous recommendation that it is multi-region as my old Liteon was giving up the ghost and I have a fair collection of region one disks I still want to watch.

It came promptly, works well although the remote is on the small side regarding buttons. That said it works fine, has played all the region one disks I've put in it without a problem.
on 16 November 2013
Took forever to read disc first time it was used, never worked thereafter. Presume lens is dirty, not good for new item.

See one answered question