on 20 May 2010
The clock would have been ideal for my elderly Aunt if you didn't have to take it down every month it is not 31 days.
As it gets lost after say 30th April and you have to manually adjust it physically to the 1st May.
Otherwise it would have been just right in every way for my Aunt who suffers from dementia.
on 3 June 2010
Loved this product. I bought it for my 88 year old Mum who find it difficult to keep track of the days. Loved the clear day and date. Bit fiddly to put the year on, but once done..no prbolem for another year. She loves it..and so do I. Better than the radio controlled digital clocks because it is so clear.
on 19 May 2010
Bought for my very elderly mother who always has difficulty in knowing what day of the week/date/month and year it is. No problem now, if she remembers to look at it for the information!

Very clear display. Is very stable when sat on a table or shelf, so not just a wall clock. Just the job.
on 8 January 2013
The amount of manual intervention required by this clock/calendar is significantly more than I would have expected - the clock drives the day and date only - the month has to be changed manually and the year is shown by plastic numbers inserted from the back of the clock. Initial set-up is a real pain because you have to synchronise the clock with the AM or PM 'flap' of the day and if you miss it then you go around the week again which of course then advances the date. It does the job but not without a lot of pfaffing about.
on 2 April 2010
We bought this for an aged 93 year old aunt. Auntie Daphne is still going strong and living on her own but sometimes gets muddled up about what day it is. Not any more she doesn't!
on 4 April 2011
I purchased this clock for my Mother, who has mild dementia. It has enabled her to keep track of the day, date and time with ease. A great product at a good price. Many thanks.
on 30 April 2012
I spent some time trawling on-line before settling on the Karlsson flip wall clock. My
elderly relative was losing touch with the days and needed constant reminding. She commented on the size "Back to the nursery" but it fits well in her kitchen and is a boon and worth every penny to me. She took to it quickly and now knows where to find the date, month and day and is using it to take her tablets more reliably.

Getting the clock set to trigger the day am, then pm. was fiddly. I ended up setting the right month then the date and day for 48 hours beforehand, slowly winding the clock hands forward as described in the instructions to see how the flip was triggered by the clock. Once set it has been fine; clearly legible and easy to read at a glance. Just what we needed.

Any criticism? the set-up took me a little time to master. You couldn't just leave it with an elderly relative like an ordinary clock.
on 10 June 2011
My elderly mother was getting confused as to what day it was, now she knows to look at the wall and read it off the clock. Saves her phoning me several times a day!! Everybody happy
on 9 February 2011
I was really pleased with this clock. Bought it for my partner as I was fed up of him not knowing what day/month/time it was! It's an ideal size - can be easily read - and yet it isn't too big to fit comfortably in a variety of places. The only negative thing is that it is very difficult to change the 'year numbers'. I felt my average sized fingers were 4 or 5 times too big to easily reach in to the back section. However, once that was sorted, everything else is great.
on 2 May 2012
Delivered quickly and looks good. Two things though, the year is a manual change. You slide a draw out from the back and there is a bag of numerals in it from which to form the current year. Not a problem, just a bit of a surprise.

This clock takes 5 AA batteries, one for the clock and 4 for the calendar. I was fooled into buying 4 D sized batteries because the Amazon web site says they are frequently bought together.