5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
I've followed Foxy's blog for a while, and found that I really enjoy her expressive style. The book is like the blog, just longer..... We follow Foxy through her divorce, and it's a real roller coaster. Brilliantly written
Published 19 months ago by Mr. W. Barnett

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't put it down enough
Lilly was left by her violent husband after a brief marriage. Left as a young, attractive woman with no kids to support, a well-paid, interesting career, a supportive family, plenty of friends, and enough cash to keep the marital home.

Published 17 months ago by Mrs Madrigal

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't put it down enough, 10 May 2013

Yet this book reads like one of those childhood-abuse memoirs, the type with a grainy photo of a teddy bear on the cover, sprawled at the bottom of the stairs. "I turn my face away, into my 245th glass of wine, as another close friend tells me how thin and young and attractive I am, and how I never did a single thing wrong in my marriage except to be non-stop incredible.

"But a tear rolls down my high-cheekbone and I find myself sending more texts to my ex, and calling him, and hacking into his emails and voicemail, but that's acceptable because I'm a hack. Then I change into my new dress, which is a size 8 today but was a size 10 yesterday and might be a 12 tomorrow (don't worry, I'll keep you updated). And I think to myself, will I ever stop bleating self-pityingly?"

The Fleet Street newsroom stuff is fascinating and funny. But the constant wah-wahing over the world's least-damaging divorce just got on my tits.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull, dull, zzzzzzzzz, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Diaries of a Fleet Street Fox (Kindle Edition)
A tedious and repetitive story of an angry woman whose husband cheated on her. Was expecting far more insight into Fleet Street rather than page after page of wallowing in self pity. I almost felt sorry for the husband by then end, despite him clearly being a hideous excuse of a man. Not recommended at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Feb 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars What an informative book, 8 Sep 2013
Patricia Hill "triciahill" (Hanwell, London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Diaries of a Fleet Street Fox (Kindle Edition)
Gosh, it was so informative. Let me see, what did I learn?

a) being fat is a sin and makes you a totally worthless person
b) phone hacking is totes acceptable except possibly if done to families of murder victims, and even then is probably okay if you get a good story out of it
c) Madeline McCann jokes are funny. No, really they are, especially if you can drag the Fritzls in too.
d) you can get a book contract for a pile of the most self-pitying tosh known to man or woman, yippee!
e) you don't even have to spell the pseudonyms you give your colleagues consistently

In case you can't tell from the above, I loathed this book. I regret paying 99p for it, it was 98p more than it's worth. I wish I had back the couple of hours I spent reading it so I could do something more worthwhile with them, such as filing my nails or staring out of the window.

1.0 out of 5 stars I hoped for so much more, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Diaries of a Fleet Street Fox (Kindle Edition)
Like listening to a sort-of friend wail about her divorce for 173 hours straight. I thought I was going to get great newsroom stories and colour about the life of a hack. Instead it's pages and pages of bitter, repetitive teeth-gnashing about the ins and outs of her dying/dead relationship, which frankly we don't give two hoots about because both in the couple are awful. Gah.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Yawn, 7 Jun 2013
L. Cully - See all my reviews
I was looking forward to this book. FSF has witty tweets and insights into tabloid journalism. From the build up I thought it was going to be an explosive look at behind the tabloid scenes, what goes on and how journalists really are.
Instead I got a book all about the divorce of a young woman who happened to be a journalist. Phone hacking was justified and made to sound ok, journalists painted as all idiots, constantly smoking, drinking and shagging and FSF comes across frankly as a pathetic woman lacking the intelligence to realise she had a lucky escape from a loveless marriage.
Feel let down and certainly won't be waiting in any queue for the next one if there is indeed one.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Diaries of a Fleet Street Fox (Kindle Edition)
Before I bought this book I read all the negative comments, but having followed FSF on Twitter for some time, I bought it anyway

Yes it's all about her story, but it's a great story. Having been divorced I can relate to some of Foxy's experiences too. Took me a couple of days to read, and I looked forward to the next instalment each day

5.0 out of 5 stars A true story, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Diaries of a Fleet Street Fox (Kindle Edition)
For anyone who has undergone the pain of a divorce and the coping of the aftermath - Foxy is spot on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Diaries of a Fleet Street Fox (Kindle Edition)
Badly written, self-indulgent memoir of a self-obsessed brattish journo, but hey, she's making money from it! Not worth bothering with.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff, 24 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Diaries of a Fleet Street Fox (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant read. Would recommend to anyone. A memoir and self-help book in one and the kindle edition has great pictures!

The Diaries of a Fleet Street Fox