4.0 out of 5 stars suky says
this is a good book for a cold night - early to bed with my Kindle. Hope I can make it last at lrast two nights!
Published 20 months ago by suky rabbit

3.0 out of 5 stars The King's Mistress
I found this book a little bit long-winded and somewhat lacking in pace - I know that Charles spent a lot of time poverty stricken and hanging about European courts but did not find it particularly entertaining reading! I also found it difficult to warm to Jane's character - gullible or sanctimonious? Maybe a bit of both - I did find her slightly irritating and skipped...
Published 21 months ago by MrsFrank

4.0 out of 5 stars A great historic novel, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: The King's Mistress (Kindle Edition)
This is another great book about the Royals of old. Well written with fantastic detail - it kept me gripped and I was sorry when I got to the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !, 30 Aug 2012
This review is from: The King's Mistress (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book and actually learnt alot about a period of history which I knew very little about. It has encouraged me to read more on this matter, however, I have to admit her previous novel about Nell Gwynne just had the edge for me. However, both are fantastice reads if you enjoy this genre.

1.0 out of 5 stars frothy frequent repetitive erotic romps, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: The King's Mistress (Kindle Edition)
A lighthearted romantic romp, not to be taken seriously. Ok if you're into easy going erotic romantic romps and not too seriously bothered about historical fact. I am into more semi biographical history novels, this would appeal to readers of lighthearted erotic romps that doesn't require a lot of thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book, forsooth!, 12 Aug 2012
This review is from: The King's Mistress (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book from the start. I really loved Jane, she is a great heroine and although I am a massive Charles II fan I found myself getting angry with him on Jane's behalf at certain points in the story. This book has all the ingredients for good historical fiction - it's well researched, it's got great characters and a great story and it has whetted my appetite for finding out more about Jane and her life. The author's note at the end is really helpful as well and gives ideas for further reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Yarn, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: The King's Mistress (Kindle Edition)
A well written adventure story based around Charles II's escape from England and if you like romantic history with a bit of truth thrown in a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Interpretation of historical events, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: The King's Mistress (Kindle Edition)
Bought this on recommendation at end of Book by other Author of historical romance. Was intrigued by events as they unfolded, as one of main characters attempted to aid Charles escape to safety with the help of others laying their lives on the line to save the King and all that the perilous journey maintained. Author's creativity with storylines kept me immersed in what happened throughout right up to the time of Lady Jane Fisher's death on the 38th anniversary of the night she first met the future King.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it..., 17 May 2014
This review is from: The King's Mistress (Kindle Edition)
I was compulsed to read the love story between Charles & Jane but knew it was a love not to be until the end....

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as The Darling Strumpet, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: The King's Mistress (Kindle Edition)
Having really enjoyed The Darling Strumpet, I was looking forward to reading this, but did find it a little disappointing in places. I raced through the first half, but felt that the second half lacked pace and was quite tedious in places. As Charles spent a long time waiting to be restored, there were a few chapters where not much happened. However, I did feel that the novel picked up again in the last couple of chapters. Overall, it was a decent read but to anyone who hasn't read any of Gillian Bagwell's novels I would recommend they try The Darling Strumpet before this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars The kings mistress, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: The King's Mistress (Kindle Edition)
The storyline was full of twists and turns. Captivating the imagination. The story of king Charles 'll seen through the eyes of a woman if you love historical fiction then this worth reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars The King's Mistress, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: The King's Mistress (Kindle Edition)
Quite an easy and enjoyable read, I look forward to aquiring some more cheap books like this. The White Queen is the first book I have been disappointed in.

The King's Mistress