5.0 out of 5 stars Feels like a slipper!
Published on 24 May 2009 by J. Harvey

1.0 out of 5 stars Hush Puppies Janessa ballet flats
I have always been a size four so ordered a size four and they were much too small. You need to order size above.
Published 10 months ago by Mrs H J Geach

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels like a slipper!, 24 May 2009
J. Harvey (Oxford UK) - See all my reviews
I was after a practical and very comfortable shoe and this is perfect. It is so soft and light that it feels like you are wearing a slipper. The only slight issue could be that it also looks a bit like one too but I don't mind! I have had it for a few months now and worn it quite a bit and no obvious signs of wear so if you want a flat casual ballet shoe this is the abosolute best for comfort!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Hush Puppies Janessa ballet flats, 17 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SHOES!, 2 Mar 2010
Krupskaya (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These shoes are really the bees knees and the dogs b...(well you get the picture). With flat pumps you get what you pay for and after having a couple of pairs that rubbed everywhere and with a sole so thin you could feel every crack in the pavement I decided to lash out on a quality pair. The leather is of excellent quality; the sole thick but not overly so; and they are so comfortable they feel like slippers. Bear in mind they do need a bit of breaking in though as they can initially rub around the ankle area. Don't bother with cheaper versions though - they're not worth the hassle, and your feet will thank you. I bought these and can say I am one happy bunny! The only downside is that occassionally the black die rubs onto your foot. This is my second pair as I wore my first pair of Hush Puppy pumps to death!

3.0 out of 5 stars slippery when wet, 4 Sep 2009
When you try these on initially, they feel like you're wearing a pair of slippers which is what sold them to me in the first place. The leather is very soft and the insole is nicely padded on the ball of your foot which is great. However... the heels have been rubbing me for the last couple of weeks which was a suprise, although I'm sure this will improve in time and wear. But more importantly they are incredibly slippery if you're walking around in the wet. The soles are made from rubber and I've nearly come a cropper on several occasions walking on the pavement in the rain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, very comfy, 9 Oct 2013
These are the second pair of this style I have bought as they are so comfy, they look great and wear in really quickly. One tip though- buy some cheap insoles for them and replace every few months to stop them getting stinky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hush Puppies, 21 Sep 2009
G. O. Johnson (Hampshire England) - See all my reviews
Have been very pleased with this purchase - shoes fit like a glove and are very comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 18 Sep 2013
A. Thurston (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
Love the color and detail and hope they will prove to be very comfortable and practical as a work shoe.

I found the size to be a little shorter than expected as i had already tried the same shoe on in a shop but as I only need an extra mm or two for comfort I think the leather will ease enough.

friends who have purchased a similar shoe have said their shoes were slippy with poor grip in wet weather however i have not had any problems with grip yet. Not sure how they will fair in the icy or frosty weather though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Janessa - Comfort, 24 July 2009
M. Miller "marybeagle" (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
I love Hush Pupplies Janessa shoes for their comfort. They make walking a painfree pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hush Puppies Janessa flats., 16 Jun 2014
I have been looking for shoes like this for ages.Excellent fit, wonderfully comfortable, highly recommended.
Good, fast service. So glad I ordered these shoes. 10/10

2.0 out of 5 stars Just a bit too small !, 11 Jun 2014
It's a shame as these could have been reAlly great, I wore them thinking they would stretch, but the didn't . I am not a large 6 more of a 5 1/2 . Do I am a bit annoyed !