5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money!!
I have had this MP3 player for around two weeks now, maybe a little early to write a review, but, in the short time I have had it, I cannot praise it enough!. I paid around £23.99 for the player, which was despatched via Amazon. I was a little sceptical at first, after reading some reviews from people who had purchased the same player with bigger memory, and had had...
Published 21 months ago by G. S. Pritchett

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value
This is good value for the price. Really easy to load with music. However it is not so easy to find what you want when it is loaded. The screen is tiny & navigating to your choice is tricky.
Published 20 months ago by Goodasgold

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Ideal (Now With Zappin Fix), 25 Dec 2013
E. Smith (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Sony NWZB172 2GB Walkman MP3 Player with USB - Red (Electronics)
I wanted something for jogging, but as I can't be bothered with iTunes Apple devices were out. This is simple to put songs on to. You just stick it into a usb drive on your computer and drag and drop. Using it is a bit more fiddly, as the screen is tiny and you need to use the round wheel to navigate up and down, then the Play button to enter.

For jogging, I find it easiest to choose a folder, set the volume to the right level, press Play, then Hold, and that's you until you finish. I have it set permanently to Shuffle, which it does at individual folder lever, which is fine for me. I didn't even bother with the earphones and bought jogging ones for a more secure fit.

There's one major flaw with this device, which is the awful Zappin feature. Basically, it plays a few seconds from each track, one after the other. The problem is that if you're jogging, don't have the unit on Hold and try to increase the volume, more often than not you accidentally activate the nearby Zappin button. That's then impossible to stop without you stopping and fiddling about with it, which is extremely annoying, often resulting in me just jogging without music as it's easier to just switch off.

I can't see any purpose in the Zappin button and it's in the most unhelpful position possible, and neither can you disable it. Just remember to use Hold and you'll be ok, although you can't then change volume.

UPDATE - After another silent jog after the d*mned Zappin was accidentally switched on and wouldn't go off, I found the solution. Use a tiny watchmaker's type screwdriver to prise out the Zappin button, then cover the hole with duct tape. 100% success rate. I even did the same for the equally useless voice record button.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 16 May 2013
This MP3 player is just what i was looking for when I;m running. Some have said it's not easy to read the screen, but what do you expect for the size, I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 16 Jan 2014
Really chuffed with this little Walkman! Good value, easy to set up, easy to charge and easy to use (while out running!). Headphones as usual are uncomfortable and don't stay in my ears (hence 4 stars), so have replaced with in-ear versions, but the device itself is great - have already recommended to many.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, 21 Nov 2013
My previous MP3 lasted 10 years, was easy to use but unfortunately stopped working a few weeks ago. After reading a number of product reviews and wondering how much storage space I would viably use I decided on the Sony Walkman. As I remember the original Sony Walkman perhaps this swayed my choice slightly. The delivery was excellent - I ordered this product lunchtime on day one and it arrived morning post day three. The product itself was really easy to set up - and charged very quickly. After setting up the device it was very simple to send music to the player from my laptop. The sound quality is excellent and I am really pleased with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 10 Nov 2013
Very nice looking, light mp3. Battery last for long and it is very easy to use. I have been using it for past few months and I am very happy with it. The only disadvantage is that it contains no FM radio, other than that - great.

5.0 out of 5 stars MP3 player, 26 Jun 2013
just what I've been looking for just plays music etc. I am thing of buying another one. 5 stars any day

1.0 out of 5 stars not Mac compatible, 13 May 2013
Terry Haggerty (London) - See all my reviews
This player appears to be Mac compatible but it isn't. You need to install windows media player v.11. The problem is that windows media player is only Mac compatible up to and including v.9. It is a pity that Sony did not test the Mac compatibility beforehand - not the kind of short-cut I expect from such a brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Easiest MP3 player ever, holds loads of music and ideal size for running.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walkman, 25 Jun 2014
janeb (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
I purchased this to replace a Walkman that I bought years ago and which decided to die on me. Great little thing. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars bit of a let down, 7 Jun 2014
bought them to replace the iitronics mp3 player i ve had for years and which is still going strong.Wish i hadnt bothered buying this item as the trouble with it as someone else pointed out regarding the volume control is too small and is why i purchaser the rubbish earphones

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›