5.0 out of 5 stars ETID have done it again.
I had high expectations for this album and after the first listen I can happily say all my expectations have been surpassed. From start to finish every song is a winner. Lyrically and vocally Keith is on point as always, Andy and Jordan's riffs just sound immense and Ryan's drumming is exceptional. Everything about this album is amazing, I honestly can't praise it enough.
Published on 7 Mar 2012 by Kaospilot

3.0 out of 5 stars Great start and finish but a few duds in the middle
I might need to listen to it more but as it stands I'm having trouble finding this album's identity.

My main 2 concerns are: (1) don't like drummer replacing Mike Novak and (2) too many riffs are more generic and follow standard rock rules rather than being classic ETID-style innovation.

It might be because I'm a drummer and that's the main thing I...
Published 22 months ago by mungflesh

5.0 out of 5 stars ETID have done it again., 7 Mar 2012
Kaospilot (Northampton, England.) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars ETID, 22 Feb 2013
C. Pollard "Crazyfists-Follower" (Notts, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ex Lives (Audio CD)
Every Time I Die always pull it out of the bag. I love Keith Buckley's voice. I love ETID's sound. And I love this album. Nuff said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Killer., 4 Oct 2012
This review is from: Ex Lives (Limited Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)
If you are a long lasting Every Time I Die fan, such as i, then you NEED this album! This is easily their best work, musically and lyrically this is absolutely mind blowing.

Buy it right now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb sixth album from Buffalo's finest, 21 Aug 2012
Matt Pucci "mattpucci.com" (Here, there and everywhere) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ex Lives (Limited Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)
Every Time I Die is a band you just gotta love. Fronted by a charismatic former school teacher, these muscle-bound New Yorkers deal in hi-octane punk 'n' roll that falls just the right side of the fence dividing wholly inaccessible noise and something a bit special. They also feature a guitarist named Andy Williams, who looks like an old-school circus strongman, which in my book is reason enough to check `em out.

After the patchy New Junk Aesthetic, they're back with a much more focused, incisive slab of metallic hardcore. Indeed, this could be their best album to date, as Ex Lives brings together all the best bits this band has to offer in one brutal package: pulverising riffs, breakneck-speed rhythms, and the honesty and witty invention of front-man Keith Buckley's lyrics. In the case of the latter, you'll have to listen carefully as there's very little breathing space throughout the 45 minutes or so playing time of this disc; personally, I recommend sitting down with a cold beer and the liner notes to fully appreciate the genius of Buckley's wordsmithery. "Thanks Lord, but I don't need any more poor advice..." he sings on 'Revival Mode', the album's stand-out track, and it's fairly safe to say that there can't be too many bands on the Warped Tour circuit that quote John Keats, as Buckley does during the closing bars of the same song. Meanwhile, the opening lines to 'Partying is Such Sweet Sorrow' ("At the bottom of the first drink, I found my nerve/At the bottom of the second, I found the third...") are accompanied by some banjo-playing so mean that it just makes you wanna slap your thigh and shout "Yee-haw!"

The only lamentable aspect of this record - and indeed of the band's modus operandi in general - is that they don't open things up often enough. When they do - as on the closing track 'Indian Giver' - the results are quite stunning. Still, it's a small complaint concerning what is definitely set to make many a Top 10 Albums list come the end of the year.

Matt Pucci

5.0 out of 5 stars Back with the riffs!, 7 Mar 2012
P. Wilson (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ex Lives (Limited Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)
ETID return with their latest album Ex lives. I was having my doubts after Keith did his side project, but indeed he has proven me wrong! Going with a new producer has worked wonders as the guitar riffs and pure rawness in Keith's vocals are heard to the max. Worth the wait, going to be up there with the best albums in 2012.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great start and finish but a few duds in the middle, 5 Sep 2012
This review is from: Ex Lives (Limited Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)

It might be because I'm a drummer and that's the main thing I focus on when listening to music; I find Ryan Leger to be too one-dimensional, if compared with Novak.

I expect that as time passes I'll become more accepting of the album's vibes but I'm never going to prefer Leger's drumming.

Saw them live since writing this and some of these album tracks were superb. What a great band.

2.0 out of 5 stars All fillers blah, blah, blah., 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Ex Lives (Audio CD)
I ain't gonna write much its simply simple this band have now become a one trick pony. Buy all there albums to date listen and get raid and keep maybe one or maybe two if you are lucky because they all sound the same.

Ex Lives (Limited Deluxe Edition)
Ex Lives (Limited Deluxe Edition) by Every Time I Die (Audio CD - 2012)