Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£2.79

on 15 April 2012
First, this is 50 TRACKS long - there are only(!) 18 actual concertos here. For the price, though, it's still amazing value. Pretty much all the ones you expect are here, in fact it seems churlish to quibble about the ones 'missing' like the Elgar, or the 'Four Seasons', when you have Beethoven, Brahms, Mendelssohn, Mozart (several), Bach, Tchaikovsky, Bruch...
If you want big names playing, this isn't for you, but these are no dodgy amateur performances; you get every note, in the right places, played with the appropriate passion and well recorded. It's just 'own brand' rather than 'designer label'.
on 20 January 2013
I thought I would make it clear what you actually get on this download... Here goes..first Bach then Mozart no.4 Track seven starts Beethoven leading to Vivaldi then a Mozart adagio. Track 14 starts Bach again track 17 Vivaldi then Mozart no.3. Then for your pleasure there is Mendelsohn, Bruch and Tchaikovsky. A Mozart rondo, Paganini, Saint Saens, Glazunov and Brahms.

I think you will agree that is an impressive list. If you are new to the delights of a violin concerto then this is a must have. They are truly remarkable!

There are many more to add to your collection too!

Enjoy!!!
on 11 December 2012
OK so I downloaded this album because it seemed ridiculously good value and contained 3 versions of Bach's Concerto for 2 violins in D minor - one of my fav pieces of classical music.

I have many versions of some of the same tracks and I would rate the versions on this album as being technically precise and well played but lacking in the soul and rhythmical genius I found in some FLAC recordings. For £1.49 though and small MP3 file size you really can't complain - buying the 3 versions of this one track separately would have cost more than the entire album!

Overall if you are dipping your toe into classical, are a casual fan or intend to only play the music on an MP3 player without amplifiers and expensive headphones, I would highly recommend this album. If you are after flawless earthy performances to run through your £300 headphones, well, you can afford the data storage and upfront cost of FLAC files, so what are you doing here looking at bargain basement albums?
on 24 December 2012
The title of this album is a clear breach of the Trades Descriptions Act in that there are not 50 concertos but 16 and two other pieces. I am happy, though, to give it five stars because the 16 are indeed all the famous ones. I do not have enough musical training to make informed criticism of the performances. The performers are all unknown to me, but they appear to me to play very well.

This will get listened to a lot.
on 11 December 2012
Excellent value for money selection of easy to listen to string music by a variety of artists. I can recommend this album.
on 14 October 2013
Love these violin Concertos. They are clear and even better they are free. Excellent offer for me being a pensioner.
on 17 February 2013
No complaints. some of the tracks seem that they were copied from 78rpm records. The one thing classical music lovers want is a good clear recording by persons that can perform. The performances are good sound quality not so good.

The price is brilliant value for money.
on 26 January 2013
Happy with it although not a musician or great classical music expert myself to really give a proper feedback of the collection. Easy to get it straight away after the purchase
on 11 November 2013
I just love them though I tend to use them most in 'shuffle' mode for all songas. To listen to them ll striaight off can get to be too much. Very dgood and very cost effetive.
on 4 September 2013
Just, the ordinary run of the mill, bog standard concerto's. Nothing special like Beethoven, Brahms, Bruch, Tchaikovsky, Dvorjak or Mendelsohn