on 26 August 2012
I highly recommend warmage which is the sequel to spellmonger i found warmage better then spellmonger and the plot is gripping and i couldn't put it down (i finished it in 2 days) i am looking forward to the third book titled magelord it is worth the price you will not be disappointed!
on 26 November 2012
First a foremost I enjoyed Spellmonger on the back of which I bought this one but had I known that there would be at least another book- more than likely several- I would either have bought it & not read it or held off.
Warmage seemed to take twice as long to get through as Spellmonger & have to say I'm not a big fan of the past & present story line/writing, there is obviously no suspense if the reader already knows that Min has survived.This book had the feel of a "filler" with more concentration on the political aspects of the storyline rather than the war/fighting from the first book.One problem with writing only in the First person is that the reader can then only empathise with the main character unfortunately leaving whole swathes with characters that we find very little about.
The story plods along in places & when we finally get to the big battle scene, felt rushed but by this point it was fairly evident that things were getting lined up for future books.
Worth reading but I would wait until Magelord is out before doing so.
on 25 March 2012
I would recommend.this book, it's fast paced and although sometimes the constant back and fourth gets a bit boring it's worth going through to the end, read this book in about two days so managed to keep me interested main character is humourous and intelligent liked him and he manages to pull this off with a humble yet cocky attitude.
on 20 May 2015
I very much enjoyed Spellmonger, which is why I decided to read on.

I have given this book 4 stars because the story is original, concise and well thought-out, and the world is immersive. However the main let down of this book (and Spellmonger) is the woeful attention to editing - at least on the Kindle version.

There are many typos which normally I don't care about if the story is good but there were a LOT in this book and nearly as many in the last book.

Also there are many cut off sentences and jumbled words/phrases. It was a shame for me as the content is great - just let down by poor editing.
on 1 October 2015
What is there to say? Terry Mancour is just THE great writer. Intelligent, inovativ, and supremly blessed wit an imagination, that exceeds all bounds.
I could barely put this book down, as with all the others of his!
He is just a wonderfully giftet writer, and lets not forget his phantastic sence of Humor!
on 15 November 2014
An enjoyable book with likeable characters and a suitably heroic victory against the odds type plot. Books 1 & 2 have both kept my attention and I am now on Magelord (book 3). If you want an enjoyable read in a fantasy world with good triumphing over evil (so far at least) then happy to recommend
on 8 November 2013
Great read. Really enjoyed the story didnt put the book down. Hurry with the next book
Would recommend. Really enjoy the change of pace with the magelord getting his estate set up and caring for his people.
on 22 June 2014
Hadn't read first in series but didn't feel lost out as gave plenty of back story. Not something I would normally read but not bad!
on 2 February 2012
Great fast moving book. Its nice and long, cheap to buy and great fun to read. The book has lots of action both physical and political and a well thought out magic system. If you like Brent weeks and P V Brett you'll love this book.
on 5 November 2014
The books just get better !!!!