5.0 out of 5 stars should have bought it BEFORE I went to London
I always wonder about how streets have got their name but never get as far as looking into it further. This book is full of snippets of info - I can now impress on my next visit.
Published on 23 Nov 2012 by Tak

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting history of some London streets
Not just today's street names, but several old streets and lanes that have been renamed or even disappeared. Especially interesting if you vknow the City of London
Published 9 months ago by Jim__Leeder

2.0 out of 5 stars wouldn't bother, 20 April 2013
This review is from: From Blow Bladder Street to Quaggy Walk - The strange and interesting history of London street names: a miscellany (Kindle Edition)
I found this to be quite boring and full of pointless drivel. Normally I like books like this but this book did not get me really interested and I would not recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, 1 Mar 2013
An interesting read, though not as extensive as I would have liked. Nevertheless, I'm glad I purchased it. I work in the City and enjoyed finding out the reasons why certain streets have the names they have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative., 6 Jan 2013
I found this book both interesting and informative. In some instances I could not believe I knew of or had even walked some of these streets.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that good, 26 July 2014
No more than OK, a list of places written about in a quirky style and often a lot of guesswork

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Sep 2014
Such curiousities abound in London, hard to put down, even if you're not visiting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 20 Oct 2014