Format: Blu-ray|Change
Price:£14.90+ £1.26 shipping

on 28 February 2012
I expected the worst when I ordered this...one look at the DJ line-up on the back was enough to make my toes curl. Did I really want to watch a 2 hr docco of vox pop egoism? Everyone lived their own version of this era and whilst I loved some of these nights, much of the 90s that I loved wasn't owned by the corporate pay party mafia and its breed of vomitous 'superstar' cretins. (respected producers and New York/Chicago dons aside of course)

But that said it's a great effort. Some really good footage and interesting stories divided into chapters set by the area and venue which provides a good narrative.

Only criticisms:

* Not enough music - though I can accept getting rights would've been a nightmare.
* Not enough history - whilst the clubs of the era told a story...what about the underbelly of travelling sound systems like Spiral Tribe, Circus Warp, Eze Love et al? Purely focusing on the pay party movement does leave the story only half told. Gatecrasher 99/00 really wasn't that relevant unless you were a Mixmag gimp.
* Trade. HOW is it possible to mention Turnmills without talking about Laurence Malice and the first ever licensed after hours club in London (the UK?) This isn't subjective, it's a massive oversight. Gallery Shmallery frankly.

Good effort tho. ;) x
on 19 March 2014
This films takes a trip down memory lane when clubs were big and the tunes were even bigger! The good old days when clubbing was at it's peak and sadly it will never be the same, but just like Gatecrashers tag line, it will always be with you!
on 3 January 2015
Decent film. Nice to hear some of the old characters of the time reminiscing on a golden period in our generation that I doubt we will ever see the like of again. Some proper music, dj's, clubs and promoters captured here. Fun times!
on 7 February 2012
It's one of those documentaries that I didn't realise I was ready to see until it was here. This particular era, when so much was going on in Britain took hold of some of what I would describe as the fearless youth of the day and they ran with it. Escapism being key, hedonism followed. I remember, a generation was coming out of high unemployment at the same time yuppies were being heralded in the news. A struggling singer, the scene eluded me and so I read my way around those clubs via The Face and iD magazines. I used to day dream about the fun I would have at those acid house raves, wearing fabulous clothes hanging with the beautiful people. This film told me the full story of the transition from warehouse to superclubs, the inspiration and the desire to bring music to the crowd in an environment beyond what had gone before. I loved Saturday Night Fever as a movie that spawned the discotecque up and down the UK, but when that got stale where did acid, raves, warehouse parties come from all of a sudden? One More was an amazing insight into the how and why. You don't have to be an old raver to get this film. It's beautifully shot, with the people who made it happen, philosophical and in good humour all with one thing in common - passion. Just heard there's a book to go with this DVD...
on 7 April 2012
A constant stream of ravers off their faces. Didn't tell me anything new and I'm not convinced the footage was authentic either as it was too similar from one club to the next. Doesn't warrant more than one watch.
on 19 December 2014
Great film didn't know it wouldn't be in 5.1 Dolby sound but still sounds great 👍
on 14 December 2015
Awful - could and should have been so much better.
on 19 May 2013
Dont bother! For the serious clubbers avoid this like the plague, its a cheap amateur money making scheme of so called "up there" DJs by the likes of FatBoy Slim (He has hair!), Brandon "Who" Block? and Danny "Never Been There" Rampling. Its some nasty 90s fottage of Moneypennys and some unknown club i have never heard of in Nottingham where the DJs are even embarrased to admit they were they first started DJing so that shows you how old and unknown it is. Theres no mention of the likes of Gatecrasher, Passion, Storm, Cream, Godskitchen so i really have no idea what these so called "clubbers" who have also given it a good review were watching or what club they used to go to!. Dont waste you money, its atrocious. Perhaps i was too much of an "underground" clubber or perhaps i was a proper clubber who never frequented the high St clubs mentioned on this awfully edited and put together attempt at the UK clubbing scene through the late 90s into the early 2000s.
on 9 February 2012
I was lucky enough to go to the premier and see this film. It's really amazing, loads of great interviews. It's great to see all these legendary clubs having there stories told.
on 9 February 2012
Fat choons, great venues and beautiful women! An era that one was proud to have been a part of and will never forget. This will capture the hearts and minds of anyone who lived it, loved it and larged it! A 'must purchase' for all you clued up clubbers from back in the day. Great work!