5.0 out of 5 stars Highly engaging and instructive
Andrea Gardner's book 'Change Your Words, Change Your World' is that rare thing in the 'self-help' book genre - an instructive and well-researched guide to unleashing the latent power of the mind, combined with an engaging and often humorous account of her own struggles and triumphs.
Published on 2 May 2012 by Valerie D

3.0 out of 5 stars Not well written, but a good message
Published 16 months ago by UK Shopper

3.0 out of 5 stars Not well written, but a good message, 22 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Change Your Words, Change Your World (Insights) (Kindle Edition)
I actually thought this book would be about changing your words - it should rather be entitled "Change your Thoughts, Change Your World". But perhaps that was taken. Anyway, in a nutshell it says you should be proactively positive and say positive affirmations to yourself and that will change your energy and your universe. I don't necessarily believe in the mechanism she talks about (all very mystical), but I do agree with the principle that being positive and thinking in this particular way will improve your life. The problem is that the book isn't that well written - it's not terrible, but it really waffles. Also, it's littered with all sorts of anecdotes about so-and-so who thought X and then Y happened to them and therefore this is proof of the book's theory. Any scientist reading this would get highly annoyed with these vague claims of causality. But what this book does do is encourage you to be more positive, and for this it gets its stars, because it is generally a good thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 1 Nov. 2013
I should probably say something nice about this book in order to grow a better world and invite positivity and opportunity into my life (and I'm not so cynical that I meant that sarcastically or else I'd have never been allured by the title), but it's impossible. I got to the end because a) it's a really quick and painfully content-less read (which does irritate me when people then say thanks to my family/ friends/ editors for helping me in the long writing process...really, did this take time??), and because b) I kept hoping for more. It was the most disappointing book I've read in a long time and has put me right of reading more of this sort of genre. I felt a bit of a mug at the end actually...that someone just made money off me being so daft as to bother reading it. Btw, I've never given a bad book rating - I either love it and rave about it or don't review - so this says something.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly engaging and instructive, 2 May 2012
It is easy to be ground down by negativity in this world - what Andrea does superbly well, is to remind us that even in the most testing of circumstances, we can exert our individual will and imagination to change things for the better. For people who, like Andrea, have endured setbacks at work or suffered ill health, it is fascinating to read a considered reflection peppered with individual insights and anecdotes, of the myriad ways in which things of the mind and spirit can impact on our bodies. For those sick and tired of struggling through life and feeling a lack of fulfilment and purpose, there is a positive message about the possibilities opened to us when we do that most frightening thing of all - empower ourselves to simply let go and dare to not only imagine another life, but slowly and surely will it into existence and joyfully claim it.
Her candour illuminates the story, sharing intimate details of relationship, money and medical struggles - part Zen guide and part confessional - I consumed it in one evening and am still ruminating happily on its contents.
To quote an old Ellen Degeneres series, my advice is simple: "Buy the Book."
Also, Change Your Words, Change Your WorldAndrea briefly mentions a short film in the book which became a viral hit on 'YouTube', entitled 'The Power of Words' (I would urge readers of the book to view the film too - it contains a similar message in a succinct format). The film is almost (but not quite) a silent movie, enabling only a few well-chosen words to take centre stage in an affecting but simple plot - the book delivers the same punch from a thoughtful first-time writer.

1.0 out of 5 stars nothing original, 29 Aug. 2013
I found no new ideas just a rehash of old stories. Couldn't finish the book as I've read all this many years ago written by better writers, better qualified people and the book consisted of very dated concepts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and uplifting, 3 Aug. 2013
Christina Newman (Helston Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it came at a very difficult time of my life when everything seemed quite hopeless. Personally I found it to be inspirational and uplifting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Humorous and engaging from beginning to end, 16 April 2012
This compact book is humorous and engaging from beginning to end; in fact the opening page of the introduction had me in stitches - not something I expected from a book involving spirituality. Based on the premise that our thoughts and words create the reality we experience, this book is packed with spiritual wisdom grounded in everyday reality and illustrated with examples from science, history and the author's own life - about which she is very honest - our attention is repeatedly returned to the now and our innate ability to positively affect and change our reality and choose the highest outcome for ourselves and the world around us. Highly recommended...

5.0 out of 5 stars Change your Life - You Can Do It!, 10 April 2013
When it comes to changing my world, affirmations haven't always been at the top of my priority list, in fact they were possibly at the bottom. I would never say they were my "go to tool" as I much preferred doing something more seemingly pro-active. This book opened my eyes to a whole new world and I would quite possibly say this book has the power to `transform your soul'.

Andrea Gardner has written in the most honest, uplifting, inspiring and raw way possible. She walks her talk and she lives her truth, oh and she even forgets to do what has once been successful in her life in favor of being `normal' just like the rest of us normal human beings - at least at the beginning of her journey. Yes, she admits to not using the power of her words to change her world even though she had already witnessed it's success! Something that we can identify with!

When I read this book a couple of months ago now, I was mentally tired and drained from life's challenges and late night studying, so my brain was in my own admission `not up to anything to strenuous'. This book was pure medicine for my soul, my body and more importantly, my mind. This book, and Andrea's raw honesty convinced me of the power of Affirmations, but more importantly the extreme power each word we speak holds, more than any other book ever has. And I've read a lot of them. This book had such an impact upon my thought processes, and my verbal vocals that the second I'd finished and put it down on the coffee table, my Mum picked it up and began to read!

Andrea shares her successful life story of how at times that would have most of us running for the hills, she made a decision to change her words to change her world - she even "manifested" a home when it was needed in the most amazing way possible. She shares affirmations throughout the text of this book, parceled nicely in with the text of chapters like hidden gems that are gleaming - spotted only by those who take the time to care about their power and dazzle-ability.

Andrea says that "writing this book changed my life" and that by reading it, it will change your life. She believes it passionately, and wholeheartedly, and I for one can vouch that it has changed my life. I now have a tender love for affirmations and more than ever I believe in their ability to change our lives - I lived such a transformation.

This book is such a gentle yet powerful read that I would say that it's a like a weekend trip to the spa for rejuvenation! Only much cheaper and can be with you for the rest of your life - providing a mini-soul-spa treatment whenever the need arises.

You can visit Andrea's website to read more about her, read an excerpt from the book and watch her "Power of Words" video that catapulted this book into manifestation.

I would urge you to purchase this book if you want to hear a real story of how you can be seemingly at the lowest point in your life and catapult yourself to happiness if you only make the decision to CHANGE YOUR WORDS, CHANGE YOUR WORLD

DISCLAIMER : I received a copy of this book from Hay House UK to review at [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!, 21 July 2013
This is the best book I read about positive thinking. It made me feel confident that I can achieve all that I would like to. Recommend it to everyone! I really wish everybody would believe in the things mentioned in this book and lived accordingly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Inspirational, 14 Aug. 2013
This book has been stuck to my side for the last week! Andreas story is such a motivational tale for all. Everybody can relate some way or another.
The way it is written is so captivating!!

PLEASE WRITE MORE!! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 14 Aug. 2013
I read this book on the plane to Tenerife and was surprised when we began our descent as I was so engrossed in it. A very inspiring read