5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, cheerful and does the job!
Wanted a stand for my iPad, mainly for the kitchen. Trying to use the iPad to follow a recipe can be tricky when its lying flat. This stand is perfect! And works with my kindle too! It's well made and folds into a small, easily portable size. Get one now!
Published on 17 July 2012 by South Londoner

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & cheerful stand, but has limitations.
After struggling with the 'frustration free' packaging the stand finally came free from the box. It, when folded, is very compact and while the black plastic does look a tad cheap, it's only going to be set up once and then stay in the one position on a flat surface. The legs click open quickly and are easily adjusted into a wide variety of viewing angles. Rubberised pads...
Published on 24 Jun. 2012 by Squeebles

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, cheerful and does the job!, 17 July 2012
South Londoner (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 28 Jun. 2012
Basement Cat (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The photographs of this little stand didn't look up to much, but the reviews were pretty good, so I thought I would try it. Well, it turned out to be just what I needed. I have had my iPad and Kindle propped up against all sorts of unsuitable objects, such as flowerpots, cushions, walls etc. and have worried that they might fall off and get broken. That problem is now solved with this sturdy little stand which holds my iPad perfectly. It feels quite solid and folds up very small, in case you should want to take it out with you. The angle can be adjusted to suit whatever you are doing, and it has foam pads which hold the iPad or kindle securely in place? Really good, and I find that I'm using it all the time instead of the flowerpot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant, 31 July 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a fantastic little stand this is. Simplicity combined with functionality. The fact that the stand folds up to put away is now history - I never bother folding it up, rather I leave it ready for my iPad 2 in the kitchen. It turns the iPad into a usable and watchable TV on a kitchen top whilst cooking, and also lets me easily see menus from apps such as Jamie's Cookbook.

Can also be used to turn the iPad into a photo-frame.

Works in both portrait and landscape modes. The charging cable fits in underneath the iPad 2 in portrait mode - see images.

This doesn't work with an iPod Touch - the touch is simply too small.

Great value. Works really well. I am impressed.

Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERSATILE & can be used with many different devices!, 19 July 2012
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very versatile stand that could be used with a variety of different devices. It can be tilted forwards and backwards to suit your viewing position and the feet can be moved closer together or further apart depending on the width of your device. The back can also be lifted upwards making it suitable for larger devices like the ipad.

The stand is well-made and really well thought out. While it's been designed with larger devices in mind (kindle & tablets), you could easily use this with something smaller... nothing smaller than 3" wide (in whatever orientation you want to view it in the stand) Bare in mind that if you use the stand with a smaller device, e.g. an iphone turned on its side, the top of the stand will be visible (like an artist's easel) If like me you're not fussed about this, the stand could be a handy little purchase to use interchangeably with different sized devices you might have, rather than buying a new stand for each device. I use my stand every day since I got it and honestly don't know how I did without it for so long!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit, 27 Dec. 2012
BiTZ (Oxford UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics Adjustable Tablet Stand (Personal Computers)
I bought this stand to use with my Nexus 7 so I could watch TV whilst cooking.
The stand is sturdy and very stable and the backrest means the device it's supporting isn't 'cantilevered' into place

Can't fault it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stands out, 2 Mar. 2014
K. Simmons (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics Adjustable Tablet Stand (Personal Computers)
Bought for a 10 inch Lenovo tablet and works brilliantly. Can't see any reason it wouldn't work for other tablets or phones
Can change the angle easily, to adjust for screen brightness, position or glare from other light sources.
Folds up neatly when not in use (or for travelling).
Great price. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stand for large devices, 18 May 2013
Charles - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Length:: 3:40 Mins

The stand is quite big and is made of study plastic.

The base is adjustable to fit smaller devices or can be widened to hold larger devices.

This stand has a adjustable holder at the back which is great for getting the angle of the tablet just right, and the holder has rubber on it so it won't scratch the back of your tablet. There is also rubber on the bottom to stop the stand sliding about.

I have noticed that if you press the screen quite hard you can cause the holder to change viewing angle.

There appears to be the exact same stand without the amazon brand name selling on amazon cheaper than this but I have not used it so cannot compare.

If you have a small device it will work with this stand but I think you're better off getting a smaller and cheaper stand but for large devices this is great and I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and well build stand, 15 July 2012
Ripple (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The AmazonBasics travel stand is a well build, light but sturdy little stand for tablets or Kindles. The arms extend with a satisfying clunk and fold up to an easily portable little rectangle the size of a large desk stapler. The points of contact with the device are padded to cushion your device. It works as a useful stand for re-charging, although this works best in landscape as there is little clearance at the base for the charge pin to fit comfortably. To my mind, it's particularly good for use with a tablet where use in landscape is perhaps more frequent than with e-readers, where the portrait format tends to be more useful.

It's a good value, practical and useful little stand though that doesn't feel cheap or even basic.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best pad stand out there, 15 July 2012
Persephone (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this stand, far more now that I've used it for a few weeks than I did when I first received it.

Pads ('i' or otherwise) are fine for sitting on the couch and surfing, but they have so many other capabilities which their form factor doesn't allow.

Enter the pad stand. Instead of having your pad lying on the kitchen surface in the way of you cooking, where light reflections make it hard to read and spills put it at risk, you pop it onto a stand and presto; it's useful, safe & out of the way. The same thing goes for watching a film, video calling, entering text and a myriad of other activities.

So; I've made the case for pad stands; what's this one like? Well, it is solid, well made and very functional, but does not have the minimalistic aesthetic that most pads have.

This stand will fit any 10" pad (or a medium sized hardback book!); I've been using this stand for my Asus Transformer tablet. It folds up into a 2.5cm square by 18cm black plastic bar which is quite large for something purporting to be a travel stand, though it's pretty light.

The arms that form the base simply move apart apart and click into place. They each have a small padded indent to put the base of the tablet in. They are sensibly spaced apart such that the tablet will comfortably fit in landscape or portrait orientations.

The rear arm clicks into whatever position you need it, as does the elbow which supports the rear of the tablet. This means that you can position your device through a wide range of angles. This works quite well, and gives huge flexibility for orientation and to get the angles right to avoid screen reflections.

All in all, this is an excellent accessory. It is a simple design that is unique amongst it's competitors. It will fit any 10" tablet, folds up very well, and allows more control over angle than any of the others. Additionally, it won't be damaged if it gets wet, and is well priced.

The only drawback is the somewhat industrial design, but in use you'll be more glad that you're not having to read through screen glare or worry about water damage to your leather stand then the aesthetic of the thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget for my iPad, 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: AmazonBasics Adjustable Tablet Stand (Personal Computers)
I bought this portable fold up stand to use with my iPad and it has been great. I fold it up and put it in my handbag it is available whenever I am out to use especially while I am at the hospital. I also use it at home.

AmazonBasics Adjustable Tablet Stand