5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
Published 23 months ago by Greer Alwyn

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT 3D
Bought it as it's advertised as being filmed in 3D. That it may have been but it's not included on the disc!!!
Published 7 months ago by cedrick-bart

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 26 May 2012
Greer Alwyn (France) - See all my reviews
This is a must-have for any Alter Bridge fan. It's MILES better than Live In Amsterdam and features some incredible playing by Mark Tremonti. The thing that REALLY stands out with this DVD is the quality - Blu Ray HD at it's very best. This is a gig to watch over and over again. The sound quality is fantastic, the band are out of this world and it's got to be one of the best DVDs that I own. If you are hesitating about getting this, hesitate no longer - buy it! I didn't really get into AB III until after I'd watched this and then I understood the dynamics of the guitar playing a whole lot more. It's an awesome product and I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars AB on top form!, 23 April 2012
Not only is this Alter Bridge's best performance to be captured on film, it is also the most visually impressive. The songs are pitch perfect with stunning picture quality. Thankfully there is also plenty of value for money here with 21 songs and a CD of the performance. It was a pleasure to be there on the night and a must have for any AB or rock fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music as it should be, 26 Mar 2012
John R. Baird "The Sweatysock" (Tullibody) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live at Wembley - European Tour 2011 CD + 2DVD [Digipack] (Audio CD)
The Band Alter Bridge were a group of individuals I knew nothing about other than the adverts that I spotted in a couple of music magazines attempting to get you to buy "One Day Remains". This is a thing I very rarely if ever buckle to. I like to hear a bit of something of the band before I stick my hand in my pocket to hand over hard earned cash. For some unknown reason, I took the plunge with Alter Bridge and for another unknown reason, I discovered probably the best album I had heard for a considerable amount of time, years. No fillers, no time wasting, just a complete in your face diamond. So unsure was I over my reaction, I passed on my album to me eldest son and waited for the knock back. It never arrived. Like wild fire the album took off with all of my family and thence progressed to their friends and the "Alter Bridge" phenomena had started.
I have since followed with great interest, nay, dedicated addiction to a superb line up that are stunning on record and if possible even better live. I had the greatest of nights seeing them on the AB 3 tour. Yes, due to working commitments it took that amount to allow me to catch up with them for the live experience.
This album shows all the best elements of ability, technical and feeling that the band have to offer. From the start of "Slip To The Void" all the way through to "Rise Today", not forgetting "Blackbird", "Metalingus" et all they are simply stunning. Don't delay, buy the expanded copy with the extra DVD that shows how close they are to the fans that in their words" put them where they are".
The DVD shows first hand just how good they are, when I saw them there were no pyrotechnics, just simple light changes. The pyros don't detract anything from the songs, just give them an extra edge and complimentary visual. Loads of close work and wide angles just the way it should be done.
This is a band that have worked very hard with little or no radio or TV exposure. Just hard work and a total belief that the music they were producing was worthwhile getting out to the punters like you and me. Their hard graft has paid off in bundles. I refuse to single out any one member of a complete entity it's not fair. Bung their music into your machine and crank it up a bit. Music as it should be. Sooooperb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Technical Excellence, 2 April 2012
This Blu-ray concert really raises the bar and sets a new standard which I hope others will match. The picture is razor sharp but it is the audio that truly shines. Play this in 5.1 surround sound and you will not be disappointed. I wish the recent `Big 4' Blu-ray could match it for sound quality.

As for the performance, it's good but it's only really Miles and Mark putting effort in. Miles is constantly trying to get the crowd going and the shot of every single person in Wembley waving along is quite impressive. Mark is head banging and pulling all the appropriate lead guitar faces. They both look like they are really enjoying the show but the drummer and bass player are there, but that's about all you can say for them. There's not that much in the way of a stage show, a few lasers and a bit of pyro is all you get but the show works quite well and grows as the concert go's on. The quality of the music is what makes or breaks a concert and its all good in that respect.

If you're an Alter Bridge fan then this is an absolute must, especially if you have 5.1 audio. The low price for a quality Blu-ray with a free CD of the concert makes this a great starting point for people new to Alter Bridge as well. Again, I hope other bands take note, if you deliver such value for money then people will buy your product.

Recommended !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection at its best, 28 Mar 2012
J. Tannous - See all my reviews
First I'd like to say kudos to Amazon for shipping this DVD so fast, I live in Paris and I got it 2 days after its release, great job guys!

As for the DVD: it's all in the title.
I didn't think AB could top their Amsterdam performance but in my opinion they did. All of the classics are there plus 7 songs from AB III; the energy the band put in their performance is amazing and the fan response is even better, the mosh pits are awesome!! You can tell playing at Wembley was really a dream come true for them (plus the fact that Myles can't stop smiling and laughing says it all)

Highlight of the concert in my opinion: The breathtaking wonderful life/watch over you combination (that you can listen to over and over again thanks to the Audio CD included in the package).

Overall an amazing package that YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BUY!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Concert!!!, 16 Dec 2013
One of the greatest bands of our times giving their best in a wonderful concert.
I definitely recommend this Blu-ray & CD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Nov 2013
Great show and this is an fab recording band in great form playin to the camera but what the hell it's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 7 Sep 2013
I've been an Alter Bridge fan since their formation and I can honestly say that they are just getting better and better. Myles sounds great on this and personally I believe that they are one of the most consistent bands out there, all of their albums so far have been incredible and they can follow it up live. I recommend this DVD to everybody!! A perfect performance recorded in brilliant quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT 3D, 7 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have, 17 Aug 2013
A must have for any rock fan, Alterbridge becoming the biggest thing on the rock scene.
Thier mixture of fast paced and rock ballads is just the ticket.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›