5.0 out of 5 stars sorry couldn't hear what you said ... got me Wangs on
Simply fantastic headphones , stylish, robust and comfortable. The sound is of excellent quality, especially with the bass option switched on. The sound reduction is excellent from supermarkets to airports , to train stations and even in my noisy open plan office, not a thing can be heard apart from your music.

The headphone splitter (allowing a trusted person...
Published 20 months ago by D. G. Hawkes

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy. You have been warned.
First, I must say I had ordered these headphones from Fanny Wang's official website "Fannywang.com" and not Amazon - a decision I regret, and I will explain why:

Published 17 months ago by Gooner

5.0 out of 5 stars sorry couldn't hear what you said ... got me Wangs on, 28 Dec 2012
D. G. Hawkes "dayglowhippett" (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fanny Wang Over Ear Noise Cancelling Music Headphones (Electronics)

The headphone splitter (allowing a trusted person to plug headphones in to your lead and share your ace tunes) is a nice touch and makes you more sociable, even in your musical solitude.

Worth the investment. My wife still asks me to turn them down (it takes her three goes and sign language to get through to me) so the noise reduction is only one way - you can't hear them... but at volume they can hear your music. Overall these deliver what is written on the very nifty magnetic clasped box though and you'll feel like you are in first class even on the way round the frozen vegetable Isle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy. You have been warned., 31 Mar 2013
Gooner (London, UK) - See all my reviews

1. Fanny Wang's customer service is disgraceful. Full stop. I buy a lot of electronics online and very rarely do they go wrong, but when they do I have never felt so badly treated as I have dealing with Fanny Wang co. My headphones snapped (and yours will too at some point because it's a manufacturing fault) because the shiny metal hinge plateS (-plural) you can see in the photos broke off. Those shiny metal plates are screwed in to two very flimsy plastic screw inserts. They WILL break off after regular flexing of the plastic (every time you put them on and take them off your head). Those metal plates are what reinforces the plastic headband above the hinge, an area susceptible to snapping due to regular flexure, and that's why they are there and will cause the headband to snap if they are not.

So, my FW headphones snapped after owning them for 4 months. I contacted Fanny Wang about this and the possibility of having them repaired or replaced, since it's obviously a manufacturing flaw - or so they admitted (I sent them pictures of it) and within the 2 year warranty period. Fanny Wang agreed to repair or replace it and told me to send it back to them, so I did. Despite their initial good communication in dealing with my problem before sending them off, I was not prepared for the complete lack of communication (ignoring my email's) that followed thereafter. Put it this way, the headphones were sent back on the 22nd of December 2012 and it is now coming up to April and I have NOT received by repaired or replaced headphones NOR have I received a response from them since. Apparently this total lack of customer care is not uncommon of Fanny Wang, just look at their reputation on the Better Business Bureau (US's version of Trading Standards) website, on which they were awarded a grade F (scale of A+ to F) which says it all. AVOID PURCHASING FANNY WANG HEADPHONES.

All those who are having problems with FW's customer care (and there are many of you) please comment below this review. We need to stop people being ripped off by terrible "electronics companies" like Fanny Wang.

Now, about the product itself...

2. When they first arrived, I thought they were OK headphones. Sound quality is a little above average but nothing to write home about, especially considering the 200 premium. There are definitely much better sounding headphones out there (i.e. Audio technica ATH-M50) but arguably they don't look as nice as the Fanny Wang "2003 over ear DJ". The sound quality of these headphones is comparable to or very slightly better than the Beats Studio's - which are rubbish in my opinion.

3. The quality of the plastics used and the way it has been put together is what you would come to expect of headphones that cost 30-40, not 200+. They make cheap plastic noises when you hold them, as if something is loose, and they flex way more than I'm comfortable with when held at one headphone. But the headphones do fold satisfactorily into place with a nice reassuring sound.

4. The white part of the inner headband is made of rubber and is very grippy which can be annoying. It will turn yellowish eventually, no matter how clean you think you are. Also, the rubbery inner headband is poorly put together and you will see the black plastic headband through large gaps above the shiny metal hinge.

Overall, It's not a matter of IF but WHEN these headphones will break, only Amazon can save you (in the first few months). After that it will just be between you and the Fanny Wang support staff to fix your 200 snapped Fanny Wang On ear DJ's - good luck with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars review, 15 May 2013
Better than beats by dr dre absolutely fab very reasonably priced would recommend to any one who is in to their music

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing quality, 3 Sep 2013
sound quality phenomenal unlike any I've heard before. noise cancellation not amazing but still works fine, I didn't buy them for that though i bought them for the sound quality.