5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the money
Published 17 months ago by Mr R J Kennedy

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly low quality
really poorly made out of cheap fake leather, do not buy as you will not be pleased with your purchase.

Wouldn't offer any protection in a motorcycle crash, it's a fashion jacket rather than motorcycle jacket.

Not good
Published 22 months ago by bottle'o'grog

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly low quality, 24 Jun. 2013

Not good

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 22 Jun. 2013
I can only assume all the glowingly positive reviews for this jacket were made by shills but the original "£169" price did help fool me into thinking this might be a genuine bargain.

It's not, it's a cheap imitation bike jacket. The quality of the leather is poor, the construction is dire and the belt-buckle is like something out of a Tesco xmas-cracker. Overall it screams "cheap!"

If you're a kid looking for something to wear to a party, this will do you fine. If you're looking for a jacket to use on a bike, don't even think about this.

Mine will be going back first thing on monday for a refund.

UPDATE.
After arranging a return and refund and pointing out that I consider the item to be inaccurately described and should thus have the postage cost of the return refunded too I recieved a call from Biker Gear. The call seemed very nice and the chap said he would refund the £8.50 cost of return postage as a "goodwill gesture". Shortly after sending him a copy of the postage reciept, as requested, I got another call from him saying he would no longer refund the postage for either direction due to the "negative review" I had left here. I have filed this as a dispute:

"The item was described as a biker jacket. Upon reciept of item it was clear it was a fashion jacket, not safe for use on a motorbike. After contact with seller he said he would refund cost of jacket, cost of posting it to me and as a "goodwill gesture" would also refund the cost of me posting it back. Shortly after I emailed him the reciept for the postage costs, the amount of which I'd already told him and he'd agreed, he called me back again and said that as I had left a negative review for the product he would not refund me my postage in EITHER direction. As I understand the law he is obliged under the distance-selling regulations to refund me the postage from his end to mine regardless, and refund me for cost from me to him if the item is "not as described". This latter point may be open to 'opinion' or 'interpretation' in this case but cost of postage from him to me is not."

After the second call I was left with the impression he'd never intended to refund me any postage and the original call had been a wind-up. Whatever, proceed with great caution with this company...if you have any doubt whatsoever about a product from them, consider the way I have been treated, you may be left well out of pocket.

2nd UPDATE:

My email to them after reciept of their latest:

"Hi

You seem entirely ignorant of the law of the land, which suprises me
considering you are a trader. Allow me to enlighten you...the law of the
land supercedes any 'Amazon rules'. You are obliged, by UK law, under
the Distance Selling Regulations, to refund me the cost of postage from
you to me. No exceptions.

If you fail to do so I will file a complaint with Amazon and your local
trading standards. You will lose. You will also end up paying their
costs. And if push comes to shove I will take you to small claims.

And as for your "majority of other buyers"...seriously, who do you think
you are kidding? The terminology most of them use, compared to what I got
through the post, indicates every single one of them is a shill in my
opinion. Friends of yours or paid to lie, in my opinion.

But whatever. If you had any sense you would do your utmost to leave as
small a splash as possible when one of your genuine customers catches
you red-handed and asks for nothing more than ALL of his money back.
This is going to bite you, big time. Oh, it already has, my
review is top of page one. How many sales do you think that will cost
you?

Maybe my next step will be to fully photograph every aspect of the
jacket, send the lot to Amazon and ask them if they think all those
reviews are genuine. What do you think?

I wasn't trying to rip you off or cheat you. All I wanted was my money
back. I had even already told you I wasn't going to argue about the cost
of postage back to you but you offered it anyway. I was about to post a
good mention because of that. Then I get a second call in which you tell
me you're not going to refund ANY postage? Because I left a negative
review?!

You need to have a long hard word with yourself mate."

UPDATE#3
It has been pointed out to me that on the jacket's listing-page the claimed weight for it in the box it's supposed to come in is 6kg. Mine came in a plastic bag and I've just weighed it at a little under 3kg. So unless the 'box' they're talking about weighs 3kg the jacket I've been sent is clearly not the one described. I'd be suprised if a cardboard box for that jacket would weigh much more than 250g.

UPDATE#4
I have been refunded the cost of the jacket and original postage, didn't get my £8.50 for the cost of returning it though. It was an expensive way to ascertain the jacket was not as described but hey ho, all part of life's rich tapestry I suppose. Puh.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty disappointed, 29 Mar. 2013
After reading all the reviews I thought that this is the jacket for me, I messure 39" around my chest so thought I will go fo a 42" Jacket seeing as I would probably wear a jumper underneath, I'm glad I did as even with a 42" Jacket was a struggle to get on with a jumper, the only way I could do it was take out all the plastic armour that it has tucked away. The arms are very tight with the armour, the lining is wafer thin and wont keep you warm on a normal night let alone a cold one, and to top it all off which really got my goat, you can buy the same jacket from the same company on eBay for half the price, I was shafted here good n propper.

I have been a biker for no less than 30 years, and this aint no biker leather.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price , but.., 17 April 2012
Mr. Robert G. Spicer "Spice" (Hertford. U.K) - See all my reviews
I cant have got the same jacket as other reviews
mine came with no armour.or the ability to fit.
and the leather is relatively thin and will probably offer very little protection in the event of a spill
I had to pay an additional £50.00 to have the sleeves shortened. because if you buy the xxl the sleeves are very long , but then thats just cos of my shape so cant blame the Jacket.
this was however a very reasonable price. and useable once adjusted, plenty of pockets ,though zips seem a bit cheap. any may not last long, a cool looking jacket but not much good for biking,
but you get what ya pays for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the money, 28 Nov. 2013
Having read one or two bad reviews I was hesitant to purchase this item for my son's Christmas present. However, my son really like the look of the jacket so I opted to take a chance. Well I had nothing to worry about within two days I had received the jacket - very fast service. The jacket was very good quality, removable padding for the shoulders, elbows and back. The stitching and seams are excellent. Good quality zips and a good weight to the jacket. I let my son try it on to check the fitting and he basically sat in the house all night wearing it. He was chuffed to bits with it. Really pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Aug. 2014
Brilliant, dead chuffed. Exactly what I was looking for and really quick.
Worth mentioning like another reviewer when you measure your chest size order the size above.
The jacket is good quality thick leather like you'd expect and the armour is comfortable which sits in the right places.
Other stuff like the tied sides which aren't mentioned don't detract from the look.
Seriously don't know what jacket the negative reviewers received but mine is everything I was hoping it would be.
would strongly recommend:)
Brilliant.

3.0 out of 5 stars It an alright jacket, 1 Dec. 2012
Didn't go much on the hidden (in picture) lace parts on the side of jacket, plus i wasn't really looking for a motorbike jacket. But a brando style one. So i tookout all the padding. Which for a biker jacket is well worth buying for the padding alone. Shoulders, Elbows and back protection.
And the price was a bargin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Dec. 2014
very good comfortable jacket, good fit and not a heavy jacket but quality materials used .

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant quality and lightspeed delivery!, 1 Oct. 2013
this jacket is made of high quality leather and it may not be the most prestigious around but it is certainly worth the money you pay. It comes with removable armor which once removed is no pain at all and can be used as the classic rocker/punk jacket (my current use) it fits snug and is almost tailored. I ordered this jacket on friday night and it came on the Tuesday when the expected delivery was between Thursday and the next Monday. All in all this is a fantastic product and won't disappoint! Highly reccommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars tough enough, 6 Nov. 2013
Mr. S. Patrick (scotland) - See all my reviews
great jacket for day to day use armour built in not a fashion jacket but a real biker jacket only for real bike riders i feel safer out on the road wear5ing this

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›