5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to the promise in the title
This book really does deliver on the promise made in the title. I thought I was an SSH power-user but really I was only scratching the surface.

I have learnt how to multiplex SSH connections, create public/private keys so I don't keep having to type my password as well as tightening up the permissions on my SSH server.

The next thing I'm going to...
Published on 19 Jan 2012 by Mr. P. J. Caudle

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
Could have googled the info but for the price I suppose it wasn't to bad for what it was. Ta
Published 6 months ago by P. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to the promise in the title, 19 Jan 2012
Mr. P. J. Caudle (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SSH Mastery: OpenSSH, PuTTY, Tunnels and Keys (Kindle Edition)

The next thing I'm going to tackle is SSH VPN's. I've read through the chapter and it is all straight forward.

If you are going to buy one book on SSH - this is the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good overview of SSH, 1 Sep 2013
Richard Lewis "reeshar" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This slim volume provides a very good overview of OpenSSH, how to make it more secure through the use of certificates and how to do things such as FTP over the SSH connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars "ssh mastery" indeed!, 1 Jun 2012
I recently bought the book.

I can honestly say it is the best written technical book i have ever purchased. I does not follow the logic of a man page, nor does it waste paper on trivial topics like "how to install ssh" (most of the technical books do this). It is well structured in topics and each topic written in a concise manner: the minimum required words to make it perfectly understandable.

I wish it could be included with the man page!

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good I Bought it Twice!, 28 May 2014
I originally bought this for kindle, and having read some of it, and had it come to my rescue at work once or twice, I've decided that I want a physical copy for the shelf for easy and quick reference.

A must-have book for anyone who uses SSH in a "real-world" environment. Cuts down on script complexity whilst improving security hugely!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 18 Mar 2014
P. Brown "smstext" (UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Not much new stuff for me, 3 Jan 2014
I have been using SSH for many years so there was not much new stuff for me but it is a solid book covering all aspects of SSH, not just as a replacement for telnet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little book to have to hand., 6 Mar 2014
A. Turrington (Poole, Dorset. UK.) - See all my reviews
This book contains all the detail needed to set up Secure Shell connection to server computers and so on.

All that you need to know but cannot quite remember the specific detail of is here in one small book. It saves time making internet searches for the same information.