5.0 out of 5 stars Please make this into a series
Published 9 months ago by Gibbon

2.0 out of 5 stars I am actually glad this didn't go to series...
Published 3 days ago by Kevin Berne

5.0 out of 5 stars Please make this into a series, 29 Nov 2013
Gibbon (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome [Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk] [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
So, a load of web episodes thrown together to make a story...or not. There is substance to this with some good acting, great effects, albeit on the cheap in places, but let's not forget not a huge amount was spent on this. It's a Greek tragedy this was cancelled as it's what most of the fans were screaming for, good story, plenty of in space fighting, well put together. Miss it at your peril.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make it up to 10 seasons, 17 Nov 2012
I 've watched the beginning of Blood and Chrome yesterday on Youtube.MINDBLOWING!!
You got me begging, please continiue it.Bring it on TV ! Don 't let it die in the shadow of the internet.
I will definetly buy it and so should every BSG Fan.They can make money with it so there might be a chance to
become the proper TV Series that it was planned to be.
After loosing Caprica, please keep it alive.
The producers had the chance to make the biggest SF Series trilogie in history ever,but they didn 't take it.
What a pity !

I hope you understand my english,I am from Germany

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome. Gripping. Fantastic., 9 Nov 2012
It is a crying desperate shame that SyFy decided to pull the plug on BSG-Blood and Chrome as a series after having made, but not yet broadcast, the pilot. On the evidence of watching the first 12 minute extract as a webisode on YouTube (in full HD), they appear to have made a gargantuan mistake. For something that is almost exclusively SFX and CGI driven, the attention to detail and the compositing is absolutely brilliant. But far beyond the amazing special effects, the opening to this prequel story of William Adama's initiation into the first Cylon War is gripping from the start. I cannot understand why SyFy got cold feet: even on just 12 minutes alone, the production is everything that fans of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica were looking for, and then some. Not that Caprica was bad, but this is awesome. This deserves to be in every BSG aficionado's collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Possibly The Best Of All, 11 Dec 2012
The Neon Weasel (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I was never a die hard fan of the Galactica reboot,and I wasnt overly impressed with Caprica,I only mention this so you dont think Im just another fan boy kicking off.But if Blood And Chrome has indeed been cancelled,and Ive no cause to doubt the other reviewers,then it is indeed a tragedy.Ive just finished watching the pilot movie,and it is very good.Im not giving away any spoilers,but it follows the young William Adama as he arrives on the Galactica,instantly volunteering for duty,he finds himself on a classified mission deep into cylon territory,if you want to know more,then your going to have to watch the pilot.Its fast paced and action packed from start to finish,with an engrossing storyline,that had me hooked within ten minutes.Yes the budget could have been bigger,but not the potential.As the credits rolled you could see just how far this series could have gone,and what it could have become.

Ive never been a fan of the SyFy channel,their habit of killing off series after series is beyond a joke,but to cancel one before the pilot has even been properly aired,just proves that their heart just isnt in it.I hope the reviewer who said that if it does well enough on DVD/Blu-ray,it may yet survive,is right,because if it isnt picked up,I think we may have lost,what could have turned out to be,a truly great show.

5.0 out of 5 stars A franchise worth hanging on to., 8 Dec 2012
Having watched the finale of 'Blood and Chrome' on You Tube today I can now confidently say that this incredible pilot definitely lives up to the legend that was its predecessor. What made the 'Battlestar' genre shine in the re-imagined series of 2004 is that not only is it an amazing sci-fi series but it's also really good television in general, I defy anyone (be you sci-fi nerds or sports fanatics) to watch an episode of Battlestar and not be entertained. This phenomenon definitely remains strong with 'Blood and Chrome' (as proven by several You Tube comments from newcomers to the franchise). It's this kind of inspiration that makes the Battlestar Galactica franchise worth hanging on to, and while the budget was indeed small for 'Blood and Chrome', what they accomplished with that budget only left me wandering what this could have become with the support of an entire channel.

The budget aside however, this pilot still managed to tick all the boxes that count: The acting was engaging and believable, the writing was flawless (typical of BSG) the music was...well Bear McCreary, 'nuff said...and the action sequences were just frakin' awesome. So watch this on You Tube to see for yourselves and if 'Blood and Chrome' gets your seal of approval then I highly recommend buying as many copies as possible as Sy-Fy's ultimate decision on whether or not to make this into a fully fledged series will depend how well this sells. (True story) SO buy the crap out of it, and hopefully Sy-Fy will see the error of their ways and revive the Golden Age of Science Fiction that was: Battlestar Galactica.

2.0 out of 5 stars I am actually glad this didn't go to series..., 29 Aug 2014
Kevin Berne (Nussloch , Germany) - See all my reviews
I am a huge BSG fan and have watched both the fantastic 2004 reimagining and the genius pin-off Caprica. Tonight I treated myself to this pilot that didn't get ordered to series after all. According to this show's creators they wanted to create an action packed thrill ride in which they totally succeded, hands down. The problem is that by being that and only that no kind of serious story or plot development was allowed or able to take place. After having just watched this failed pilot movie I couldn't even describe its basic plot because I just got hammered with one epileptic and incoherent battle sequence after the other for 90 minutes straight. Where the reimagined BSG series focused on character drama, the sense of being helpless and the true horrors of war this is like a Top Gun wannabe with spaceships and, of course, young main actors. Back in the 90s, the Wing Commander video game series showed how that premise could be brought to fruition in a proper way, on this project however I found that I couldn't connect to the story or tonality of the show at all. One aspect of this is the fact that aside from John Pyper-Ferguson and Brian Markinson not a single actor actually known to me or with some kind of artistic resume was cast in this show. That is not to say that they performed badly, I just believe that a show within the revered Galactica franchise should in fact have some bigger names attached to like Mr Olmos on BSG and Mr Stolz on Caprica. Probably the biggest issue for me however and also one that I would have struggled with immensely had this project in fact been ordered to series no matter if and how the storyline and character interactions would have developed was the fact that the entire show had been shot in front of green screens and that not a single set had been built for it. Don't get me wrong: I have always immensely admired the BSG inhouse effects team for their great efforts on a television budget no less, but this time around they still only had so much time and money and it just shows in the final product I am afraid. The effects are great but noticing that not one frame was shot in a practical set but each and every time in a virtual set that is at least to me clearly recognisable as such was massively irritating for me. This show is not Avatar or Sin City nor do I believe it should be. I must admit I do in fact find it lazy to even consider creating a Galactica spin-off and then be to cheap to build a single set for it. In the bonus features the effects guys are obviously proud that they did pull off creating the entire show in post production, but in the process I believe that most of the emotional value that actually makes a show great gets lost. Of course many of the effects showed things that could not be done practically and they sure evoked a sense of awe, but knowing they were just effects made the experience just stale. The whole thing basically looks like a cutscene from a video game for one and a half hours and comparing that to real acting with real sets, interacting with real objects thorughout BSG and especially Caprica it just falls very flat. A movie maker which I can't seem to remember once stated that a good effect is there to support drama and the movie, here there is basically nothing but one giant effect and believe me, that won't age well. Summing up my review, I found this creation to be a great tech demo for the effects team but largely devoid of any dramatic content whatsoever, obviously aimed at an audience for which the intelligent approach of BSG or the cerebral aspects of the fantastic spin-off Caprica were just a little to complex and that would rather watch a non-stop action generic B-movie instead. Compard to both its predecessor shows I could not find one thing that this show would be superior in and I sincerely hope that this little movie will not be the last we will hear from a franchise so begging to have more of its backstory told. A great TV show works because all the many aspects it is comprised of work great together. On this show, many aspects were coveniently left out and made the final product a rather empty shell I am afraid...

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 27 Feb 2014
i did like this alot but it's a shame they only did the pilot episode it would've been good as a series

4.0 out of 5 stars A good addition to the Battlestar Universe, 18 Dec 2013
A little slow to get going, but by the end I was wishing they had made a full season! Recommended for all BSG fans.

3.0 out of 5 stars Where has this love come from?, 7 Nov 2013
I'm a massive fan of the new BSG series and this just lacks the charm and likeable characters that one had. I don't hate the show/film at all, I just found it to be immensely mediocre with nothing exciting me like I thought it would, I found it ridiculous that they wasted such an opportunity, Commander Adama, the most important character in the show, is made to look like Anakin Skywalker from episodes 2 and 3. I don't even want to get into the twist ending, its just bad. I would recommend this for BSG fans only, if you haven't seen the new series, go and watch the miniseries to see whether you will be interested in the rest of that, do not jump on with this confusing mess.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, 8 Aug 2013
Although not as cerebral as the battlestar galactica series this really justifies a purchase, filmed almost entirely on green screen the effects are excellent 99% of the time, it's pretty much non stop action for the duration and although pretty basic has a plot that keeps you watching... Hopefully this is a precursor to an ongoing series...