Size: MediumChange

on 23 August 2012
I suffer with degenerating discs in my spine and at least once a month I pinch a nerve in my back which results in the spinal muscles going into spasm and locking up and me walking at a 45 degree angle for a week.
I have used belts bought from my chiropractor for years for extra back support and my current one has had its day so i thought i would try one of these.
I am so pleased with it, its a perfect fit and very comfortable.
You wrap the belt around you and when you get the right tention you can then stretch the two extra elastic bits (velcroed)around to give even more support.
Its excellent quality and great value for money. I would absolutely recommend this item to everybody who suffers with back pain.
The only thing I would say is to measure yourself before ordering so you get the right size as the first one I bought (different seller) was to tight and I had to order one size bigger.
44 comments184 of 185 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 April 2013
I just received mine (arrived quickly) and tried it on. It seems good, but it is too small! After reading several other reviews, it seems this is a common problem people are finding. My waist size is right in the middle of the medium size, but even over a t-shirt, the two velcro ends barely touch. I would recommend adding about 2 inches (5 cm) or maybe even more to the stated sizing. It almost seems that the sizing is the cicumference of the brace, NOT the waist sizes it fits ... caveat emptor! I'm a pretty small guy (5 ft 8, waist about 31 inches), but I am having to order the Large. I'll come back and edit this review after I receive the replacement. To Amazon's credit, after I called them they sent me a postage-paid label (originally, I was going to have to pay £6.01 to return an item that was wromgly sized, not due to my fault). Amazon should give the seller a kick in the pants and tell them to provide more precise information on how to size this device.
22 comments124 of 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 June 2013
my waist is 34', the medium size is fine
think the large size may be too big!
it really depends on how much hanging fat you have I think
on 2 April 2013
Ordered this on behalf of my father. He has told me its the most comfortable belt he has had so has ditched his others in favour of his new one.
on 28 October 2013
+ Fastens well
- The plastic tabs [like larger shirt collar stiffeners] are not particularly stiff at all, therefore offers insufficient support for me, as I arch my back significantly in overhead shots during singles badminton. The product ends up being little more than a neoprene wrap-around strap.
+ Brace stays fastened, doesn't come undone during sport
- No instructions on how to fasten as product came in a clear plastic bag only. No box.
- Design of fastening not great as the black, outer elastic element, which provides tension, doesn't have much space for the velcro fastener. You have to fasten one strap lower & the other higher, otherwise one strap could take up all of the available fastening space.
on 16 June 2013
Product bought for my wife who suffers from lower back pain. She found the Lumbar Brace too large and cumbersome so we returned it as unsuitable.
on 20 June 2013
I was very disappointed with this product....it is a bit too cumbersome and hasn't helped my back pain problem at all!
on 22 June 2013
perfect for my requirments I have lower back pain it has enabled me to work without so much pain and discomfort
on 22 September 2013
The is great, I suffer from low back pain constantly, I use this for work, being a nurse I am on my feet all day and this helps take the edge off
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 July 2014
Fits perfectly, The extra 2 tightening straps mean you can adjust to very different varied levels of tightness.
The support bars in the back are still very firm/have not degraded
I had a 33" waist and fitted perfectly, After much exercise and diet, i am now a 31" waist and still fits perfecltly

It's recommended you only wear this when you need to, wearing it all day everyday will eventually weaken many muscles used in general stability of your body and you'll eventually notice muscular and even spinal pains increase because the support brace meant you were not using those muscles enough