5.0 out of 5 stars Great PC, Great Price.
Got this PC for mainly office work but it will also be used for photoshop CS6.
First I am incredibly impressed by this manufacturer for the Crap ware, or lack of it.
I started the computer and expected to find the usual list of crappy games, toolbars, anti virus trial thats a pain to uninstall.
But Zoostorm, no crapware. The only thing that I uninstalled...
Published 20 months ago by Conor EW

3.0 out of 5 stars Its fast and performs to expectations.
Published 20 months ago by C. A. Arnold

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PC, Great Price., 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Zoostorm 7877-0095 Premium PC (Intel Core i5-3330, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit) - Metallic (Personal Computers)
Got this PC for mainly office work but it will also be used for photoshop CS6.
But Zoostorm, no crapware. The only thing that I uninstalled was Skype, apart from that there was no other applications to uninstall and absolutely no trials of anything pre installed.
Antivirus set up with the free Microsoft Security essentials out of the box. It is really refreshing that a manufacturer is thinking about the customer and not shovelling loads of sponsored apps onto their computer without permission.
Case is nice, bit on the loud side but not the worst I have heard.
Flap does need to be down (90 degree angle) to use the USB ports and depending on the position of the PC it may be susceptible to snapping as it doesn't feel very sturdy but not the end of the world.

Bottom Line, Fantastic Computer for the money, Recommend to everyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its fast and performs to expectations., 1 Mar 2013
C. A. Arnold "kateof the north" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
Casing construction is a little cheap with thin pressed steel that resonates a bit. This can be overcome by sticking some heavy material on the inside to resolve. Also there was no driver for the sound card when delivered. Zoostrom dealt with this promptly e-mailing e link to download the driver, the system now works well. I have to ask myself, how can a computer be dispatched that hasn't been fully tested?

5.0 out of 5 stars I really can't fault this PC, 2 April 2013
Very fast delivery. Had it set up and running within minutes. Its an extremely fast machine but slightly noisier than I would like. The graphics are a tad basic but I plan on installing a new nVidea GTX 660 and PSU which should fix that.

All in all I would highly recommend this machine: an amazing piece of kit for the price.

EDIT: Well, replaced the PSU with a 750W unit, added a BluRay RW and a GTX 660 graphics card.

Now for the problems. :-)

The new PSU came with sheathed cables which means I can't actually reconnect the cables to the original DVD RW because of lack of space between the PSU and the DVD. Also the PSU doesn't have a square 4-pin auxiliary motherboard power connector so I've had to buy a 4-pin Molex converter cable to give the motherboard enough juice to make the CPU fan work. These are problems with the PSU and not the Zoostorm (apart from the space problem between the PSU and the DVD.)

The graphics card was a problem because the end covers of the Zoostorm are not easily removable. Only the one which lines up with the PCIe slot is removable. The rest are all part of one unit and you have to get quite physical with a screwdriver and tin-snips to get another off as the GTX 660 needs two end covers removing.

I still stand by my 5 star rating for this machine, though. The only problems I've had with it are because of the upgrades I've made. As sold its the dogs b*ll*cks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent PC And The Noise Isn't A Problem, 9 May 2013
I ordered this to replace a 7 year old basic Dell model for my work, at this sort of price it's a fantastic PC. The Windows 7 installed isn't full of the usual bloatware if you're anything like me you'll appreciate the speed in which this one runs straight out of the box without the need for hundreds of tweaks. In the Windows performance test I'm averaging around low 7's with only the desktop graphics holding it back at around 4.2, gaming graphics rates a 6. The first thing I did was install Visual Studio and try to rebuild all my software and everything worked fine and was significantly quicker than the old Dell running XP, only mention this because when I have done similar on other PC's such as an Alienware 17 laptop it has actually been slower, the machine seems to be the perfect setup for Windows 7. The full MS Office suite runs lightening quick.

The only slight problem I had was the same as others have mentioned, it has a noisy PSU fan. I did try the BIOS setting first which reduced the noise a little but I actually found the solution to be much easier, it's not so much the fan that is the problem but the cheap case. All I had to do was loosen the screws on the left hand side panel (looking from the front) and just ease it out a touch. Doing that along with the silent running in the BIOS has made it as a quiet a PC as I've ever owned.**

** Edit 08/08/2013 Just to re-iterate this I've just fitted a 600w Corsair PSU so I can add more powerful graphics card ( B00ALYOTTI ),the Corsair is renowned for being very quiet and yet it makes no difference in this case, the only way of getting it quiet is to either slacken off or completely remove the left side panel, the case vibrates not the PSU.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT VALUE FOR THE MONEY, 7 May 2012
angel gabriel (S. Wales England) - See all my reviews
Really pleased with this computer, very easy to set up, I connected an external monitor,drive,keyboard,mouse and printer immediately with no problems. the Intel i5 is very fast. The actual 'guts' is much lighter than it looks, plus making moving around easier. Windows 7 was new to me (previous OS XP), which I was a little worried about but having played about with my preferences everything is set up for my needs. Reviews anywhere should be taken with a 'pinch of salt' as its each to their own. All round great product, I would happily have an upgraded Zoostorm when the time comes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very happy bunny!, 30 Nov 2012
M. R. Pace "Harry" (Derbyshire UK) - See all my reviews
This PC was easy to setup and change graphics card with. I would be suprised to find a PC like this made in Britain for under £570 but at £389 this is nothing short of a steal. Makes a great budget gamin PC for games such as the Total War series as the ram and i5 are excellent together, I just purchased a cheap Nvidia card and fitted it in. Beware when purchasing graphics cards for this model mas it comes with an average 300W power supply. Also beware of the fact that only the power lead is included so monitor connections must be bought elsewhere.
Great PC for a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 30 Sep 2012
It is a very good computer and the specs you will not get at the same price on any other website or shop. Very quiet and fast. Easy to set up and easy to use . The best bit is the speed is amazing and all the prograns are very stable, do not hang up. I am glad I bought this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice present from my twin brother, 28 Jan 2013
My twin brother gave me some money, for me to buy a new computer, to update the one he gave me in 2005 on Windows XP. I'd been checking out what was available and found this Zoostorm on Amazon. I read the reviews and was greatly impressed with what folks had said about them. Everything is much faster than the old Windows XP I had before.

I'd never heard the name Zoostorm before and was apprehensive on something unknown to me. But the value for money, 1 Tb memory, ram and operating system swayed me. The computer arrived within days well before the due delivery date. I asked a friend round to help me set up and transfer everthing I wanted to keep from the old XP to the Windows 7 set up, without any difficulty. All my documents and pictures now up and running. Although the Zoostorm 7877-0095 came with a trial version of Microsoft Office 2010, I loaded in the 2007 version of Microsoft Office & Student I already had and it works fine.

The only problem I have had was that the mic and speaker sockets on the back of the tower were not working. I rang the Zoostorm help line after trying all the options open to me that I knew of. I was E-mailed instructions of a site to access to download the commands to my computer to make the thing work. I found that Aol, would not allow me to do this. So I'd already set up a Google account and E-mail address. Forwarding their mail to the G-mail account and I had absolutely no trouble getting the instructions through. I emailed the Zoostorm, Tec site and thanked them for all their help. Everything works fine now. Only one slight niggle remains is the W or w I print in letters and e-mails comes out faint. I have tried a few keyboards and the same thing happens. I can live with it though.

Very very pleased with the Zoostorm 7877-0095, I would reccommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent well-specified machine I've no hesitation recommending, 12 Dec 2013
I was looking at a good, fast computer for my partner as her other computer was rather long in the tooth, slow and frustrating to use.

Now, to be honest, I'd started looking at a familiar computer supplier's site and decided to customise the specs (as many computer sellers allow) and you see the totaliser gradually aspiring as you go. The eventual price was... 'acceptable', and I went to the checkout but (fortunately, as it turned out) they wouldn't ship to my partner's unconfirmed address. This inspired me to look on Amazon to compare specs and prices, still wishing to ship to the desired address already on my Amazon account. Had I done so before then I could have saved a lot of time and, potentially, money !

One Amazon feature that I rate highly is the customer reviews and the honest 'warts 'n all' feedback - taking some with a generous 'pinch of salt' of-course. Primarily, I wanted a fast i5-based machine, with Windows 7 (64-bit) and generous memory. My searches led me to this little gem, complete with considerable and widely-complementary buyer feedback. I was pleasantly surprised and ultimately impressed.

Now I am a very particular buyer, with sufficient cash liquidity so as not to be mostly influenced by price alone. However, I also maintain a balanced view in all buying decisions, recognising that good value-for-money means 'relatively more for what you pay for' - not extra cheap whistles and trims that some have complained about - notable by their absence in the advertised features. So it doesn't have a card reader or WiFi, blah...blah. Well 'boo-hoo'... read the specs before you buy for heavens sake, or simply go elsewhere and probably pay more (your choice) and discover those superficial cheap extras translates to buyer-baiting, cost savings and hidden quality shortcuts elsewhere - Rarely such thing as a free lunch, if we're really honest.

Some mentioned noise from the power supply. While I don't dispute such claims could well be valid in certain cases, you could just as well encounter such issues if buying such a well-specified machine from elsewhere in this price bracket. For myself however, it was the fact that the computer was Amazon's own brand, backed up with Amazons warranty and exemplary customer service that I would much sooner trust than an unknown vendor and limited information to judge them by. I have no doubt that Amazon would do all they could to rectify the situation, judging by my own decade-plus experiences of Amazon's customer service.

The computer I received was whisper-quiet, with the quiet terabyte hard-drive chattering softly away while I first installed the lengthy stability and security updates from Microsoft. Noise is invariably subjective, but as a test development manager I run seventeen workstation computers at work, three at home, and system noise fared very favourably by comparison. Noise will naturally increase if the machine is worked hard for extended periods but, as others have mentioned, it would still be worthwhile on cost grounds to upgrade the PSU if you're an avid gamer for example. At-least you have the opportunity to make this choice, though probably not required for most users.

The accompanying keyboard and mouse is a nice touch for anyone really needing to replace their old peripherals accompanying tired old systems. Doubtless unnecessary for some, but economies of scale usually dictate a common package specification for a saving overall, so a worthwhile inclusion.

The value case has a clean understated appearance, just as some might prefer if tucked discreetly away under a tidy desk, and the compact proportions won't crowd your feet or challenge the knees for space - like many I've had. I've certainly no desire for huge, pretentious, windowed cases adorned with blue LED fans and 'go-faster' street lighting, and this fits the bill perfectly. The flaps over the optical drive and front connectors maintain a clean appearance when closed and help to guard against the ingress of dust, particularly at floor level. Flaps on all cases are of-course vulnerable to damage, though front-facing USB sockets are really intended for occasioned use (closed off when not required), whereas the four rear-mounted USB sockets are there for more permanent use. PS2 connectors are also provided at the rear for keyboard and mouse, so if you prefer to preserve all four rear sockets when using a USB keyboard/mouse then cheap PS2-USB adapters are plentiful - search Amazon for "USB to PS2 adapter". Alternatively, just grab yourself a basic USB2.0 hub and put it where you want.

Plenty of information covered by other comments, though in summary... everything worked flawlessly out of the box with no issues whatsoever, so I can only thank and praise Amazon for this high-value, well-specified, good-quality system. Somehow, I think I'll be buying another.

4.0 out of 5 stars Absoloutely excellent machines for the price!, 30 Mar 2014
These machines are the bee's knees when it comes to cheap office/home user PCs, no joke. These are amazing machines, decently specked up, good prices and most come with Windows 7 SP1 pre-installed! - I've lost count on the number of these machines that i've installed over the past year.

With that said, there are some slight problems:
Not huge amounts of expansion - Fine if you're the average home user, but those wishing to install extras like Sound or Graphics cards might face some problems

But for the money you're paying, you can't go wrong. Good Job Zoostorm!