5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and works well
I have bought a few of these cables and they are well made and seem good quality...especially for the price! Have bought others in the past that don't work but these work well. There's no reason to spend any more money for a 2m cable. Recommended.
Published on 27 Jun 2012 by Red Herring

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't fit my equipment
Arrived very quickly,connections on cable look ok to the eye but when I tried to fit them to my Tv and home cinama system they fall out (wont click and lock in place ).
I am returning for a refund .
Published 15 months ago by Mr T C Court

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and works well, 27 Jun 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Optical Delusion, 29 Nov 2012
I've used many different optical cables over many years as a Music Producer - To me this "cheap" one works the same as a fancy golden one with braided sheath - The protective cable shell is not thick so might not be ideal if your cable run is exposed to being walked on (I can't imagine why that scenario would occur but mention it anyway). If having a pretty looking cable matters to you then perhaps this plain black one isn't for you but the moulded connectors snap into the sockets and the optical fibre carries the signal - That's all I wanted from it - so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 metre Cable for next to nothing, 29 May 2013
Mr. M. J. Lynch "Micky L" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This cable was 4x the price in local av store and when arrived was exactly same. Seller sorted an issue that the post office caused but put customer first. Sound quality is amazing with the audio out using this cable. Just needed the extra length as I moved the dts decoder and supplied cable didn't fit. Note when I tired with the supplied major brand cable there was no sound difference than with this cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cable, 4 Dec 2012
Good cable, good connection no problems, delivered in good time, not much more you can say, does the job it sets out to do

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, long, thin, "soft" optical cable that works perfectly, but beware the build quality!, 12 Oct 2012
This review is from: 3 Metre Premium Toslink Digital Optical SPDIF Audio Cable - Digital audio cable , Compatible with PS3,Sky HD, HDtvs, Blu-rays, AV Amps, Superior-grade optical fiber to deliver better clarity and transfer digital signal (Electronics)
Please note: this review is referred to the 3-meters long version of this cheap optical cable, sold by Betron Electronics and _fulfilled by Amazon_.

In recent years, I have been buying all sorts of analog and digital signal cables produced by Amazon (the AmazonBasics ones), since IMHO they offer great professional quality at very competitive prices, and I never had a problem with them.

Nevertheless, in this case, I needed the _cheapest_ and _longest_ SPDIF optical cable I could find, for a non-critical audio connection (2012 LG TV-out to Yamaha Dolby Digital receiver), and the cheapest AmazonBasics optical cable sold by Amazon in my country (Italy) costed almost twice as much as this one, and it was only 1,8m long... (Unfortunately, Amzon.co.uk does not sell its own cables to countries other than the UK anymore, and you need to buy them from your local Amazon web site, if you have one...)

So, I decided to risk and order this one, instead, considering the good reputation of the seller, the price of 3.79 pounds (when I ordered this, October 2012) and the fact that Amazon.co.uk fulfilled the order. (And I _never_ had any problems with items fulfilled by Amazon.co.uk.)

I knew from the picture (and the price) that this cable would be a very cheap, thin cable, and I bought many of these in the past, so I knew exactly what I was going to buy, and the cable I received was exactly what is depicted in the picture: a very cheap, thin optical SPDIF cable, with typical hard plastic connectors (the gold-plated tip actually does not make any difference for optical cables, but it is a good-quality touch anyway, and protects the delicate tips better than plastic tips).

The cable works perfectly with any digital audio signal, and it is one of those "ultra-soft" kind of optical cables: so, please note that cables like this, although easier to route - and to hide - through curves and angles (compared to more costly cables, which usually have a much thicker and multi-layered sheath protecting the delicate optical fiber core), are _very_ delicate, and you can break them _very_ easily by simply bending them too much (I broke a lot of them this way, unfortunately...).

I just wanted to add that - contrary to what someone else wrote in another review - in my case the connectors are _very_ good, and clicked perfectly and firmly in both the optical jacks on each end, without wobbling or coming out.

So, in case you are worried that the connectors might not click/stay in properly, it might depend on your specific connectors, since I tested these in various optical ports, and I was always able to plug them in properly
and firmly.

So, I think this cable is a real bargain for its price, but just be _extremely careful_ in avoiding bending it too much while routing them, or applying too much force in pulling/pushing the connectors (NEVER pull these cables by grabbing the cables themselves: always grab the plugs!), since I know for sure that "soft" optical cables like this one are extremely delicate and prone to break in an instant.

In the end, you get what you pay for, and if you are looking for a bargain, ultra-cheap, long optical cable that just does its job, this one does it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Received ok, 26 Jan 2013
Received before duedate tried and tested ok. Will use again.
Tenth, nineth, eight, seventh, sixth, fifth, fourth, third, second and last word.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 25 Jan 2013
By design, these small plugs can be fiddly plugging in, but once in they are tight and secure. Good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital/audio cable., 5 Aug 2012
E. Shaw (Cheshire UK.) - See all my reviews
Could`nt believe that you could get such quality for the price but I was very surprised, excellent product.I would certainly recommend this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a decent cable, 17 July 2012
Its not a 1000 cable - its not a 50p cable - its a decent 2 metre optical cable at 2.50 - complete bargin. Other lengths appear to be available - I never quite get the length right trying to judge it - so recommend grabbing a piece of string between the bits of equipment and measuring it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - can't fault it, 8 Jun 2014
Cartimand (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
My original optical lead, which cost around 4 times the price of this one, had developed an intermittent fault after some 18 months use. I didn't want to pay high street prices again, so I plumped for this one. Arrived after 3 days and the 5.1 surround sound from my Sky box has now been restored to perfect working order!

Obviously only time will tell how long this one will last but, so far so good. Excellent value for money!