5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Finish!
Published on 5 April 2012 by Craig Heath

3.0 out of 5 stars A NEW LOOK FOR YOUR KINDLE
Published 19 months ago by Red Rock Bookworm

3.0 out of 5 stars A NEW LOOK FOR YOUR KINDLE, 3 Dec 2012
Red Rock Bookworm (St. George Utah USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Verso Kindle Cover, Prologue Antique, Red (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle and Kindle Touch) (Accessory)
If you own a Kindle or Kindle Fire e-reader or most any other brand 7" tablet you will be thrilled to be the proud owner of this VERSO PROLOGUE cover. It is lightweight, easy to hold and best of all it is very attractive. This particular cover design has the feel of embossed and gilded leather and your high tech reader could easily be taken for a vintage volume when sitting on your bookshelf. In addition, the soft interior is kinder to the "face" of my kindle preventing the possibility of scratches to the glass. As far as the portability factor, I do wish that this cover featured some sort of closure....perhaps a small strap that would make it look like a vintage diary and assure the safety of your Kindle since I am concerned that over time the four small elastic corner straps may lose their elasticity. Those are two concerns but the asthetic beauty of the cover is such that I'm willing to take a chance.

This cover is much nicer than my original blah black Kindle cover which I got last year. I was so impressed with the quality and appearance of this particular product that I ordered a couple more as gifts....one for a girlfriend and a second for my teen-aged grand-daughter (I selected another, more youthful design for her). If you have a "difficult to buy for" someone on your holiday gift list who owns a tablet or e-reader or if your just looking for something a little different to give to brighten their day, this could very well be the solution to your gift giving problem. 3 1/2 stars ----just because of the two concerns indicated in the last paragraph.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Finish!, 5 April 2012
I was in two minds what to expect with this product, but it is a simply stunning piece of work. The italian fabric covering is sturdy and offers a good grip so you are unlikely to drop it, the microsuede lining is soft and durable and the elastic is so strong it is a bit of a strain to get the kindle in, it's not going to fall out! A beautiful cover that lets you sit your kindle amongst the rest of your book collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cover, 1 July 2012
Katrina James "Bookworm" (England) - See all my reviews
This cover holds my Kindle firmly, and looks lovely. I've had a lot of positive comments about it - people often ask me what I am reading as it looks like a lovely old book. Its also pretty lightweight which is important for me as I read in bed. I've dropped my Kindle a couple of times since I've had it, but this cover seems to have protected it fine as there is no damage to either the Kindle or the cover. Equally I've been caught out in the rain with it and the cover has protected the Kindle well.

Addressing negative comments about this cover:
There have been a few comments on this cover that say it looks like plastic leather - I don't agree that this is the case, it's colour is exactly as it looks in the picture and the feel of the material is far from plastic. Another poster also commented that it has stained their Kindle - I've just checked mine after a couple of months use and it has left some feint black marks, but then this is the first time I've removed the cover and I don't expect I'll remove it again... so not sure why a few stains will ever be a problem! If you remove the cover of your Kindle often then maybe this isn't the cover for you.

All in all, exactly what I had hoped for. I'd love a dark brown version too if Verso were to make one, but essentially this is pretty perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of damage to your Kindle, 24 May 2012
John Mackie (uk) - See all my reviews
This is a beautiful looking product BUT within 3 weeks of using it, four black stains have appeared in each corner on the rear of my Kindle Touch. These have clearly been caused by the device being held in tightly by the four strips of elastic at each of the corners of the cover. The dye has come out of the case onto the corners of the device.

I have tried absolutely everything to clean it off without success and the Kindle is now marked for life I fear.

As one who likes to keep gadgets in good condition to resell and update, I am really quite disappointed that this accessory has damaged my device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover!, 7 May 2012
Start with the best points first: Its sturdy and really well made - none of the stitching has come undone, there are no loose threads - I have had my cover for quite a while and it's still in tip top condition. It looks like an old leather bound book, not cheap and tacky. Compared with the amazon kindle case this is miles better.

Bad points: There is no fastening so if you bend the left side of the cover over to the back it might stay slightly ajar when you close it. For those who don't do this, the cover stays down fine. Its a bit big for the Kindle 4, (it will fit pretty much any type of e-reader) there's a 3cm gap from the spine to the edge of the kindle. The interior is suede and black so dust really shows up and it's a pain to clean it. Also I found on the front and spine little dots of gold as if someone had tried a subtle mimic of Jackson Pollock; if you buy this I really don't hope you get one with this blundered technique on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, 8 July 2013
My only complaint or should I say disappointment is that the cover does not have a band or fastener to keep it closed when not in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 6 July 2013
Good sturdy kindle cover for my paperwhite. It's holds the kindle in by elastic and is about 2 cm longer than the kindle, so not the most compact of covers. Really good price and fast delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars judyyork, 5 July 2013
l love this kindle cover very good value for the price
Will certainly recommend this to my friends many of whom have already admired it

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Kindle cover, 28 Jun 2013
The cover is quietly classy and very comfortable to hold. I have found nothing not to like about it and would recommend it to anyone. I bought it at the "used" price but it was brand new. I did think at first that not having a closure might be a problem when I carried it in my handbag but it's fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and simple, 25 Jun 2013
Does what it is supposed to do, protect your Kindle and make it look nice!

It would be great if they offer more colors.