5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Finish!
Published on 5 April 2012 by Craig Heath

3.0 out of 5 stars A NEW LOOK FOR YOUR KINDLE
Published on 3 Dec. 2012 by Red Rock Bookworm

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Finish!, 5 April 2012
This review is from: Verso Kindle Cover, Prologue Antique, Red [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle (5th Generation), Kindle Touch (4th Generation) and Kindle (7th Generation)] (Accessory)
I was in two minds what to expect with this product, but it is a simply stunning piece of work. The italian fabric covering is sturdy and offers a good grip so you are unlikely to drop it, the microsuede lining is soft and durable and the elastic is so strong it is a bit of a strain to get the kindle in, it's not going to fall out! A beautiful cover that lets you sit your kindle amongst the rest of your book collection.

3.0 out of 5 stars A NEW LOOK FOR YOUR KINDLE, 3 Dec. 2012
Red Rock Bookworm (St. George Utah USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
If you own a Kindle or Kindle Fire e-reader or most any other brand 7" tablet you will be thrilled to be the proud owner of this VERSO PROLOGUE cover. It is lightweight, easy to hold and best of all it is very attractive. This particular cover design has the feel of embossed and gilded leather and your high tech reader could easily be taken for a vintage volume when sitting on your bookshelf. In addition, the soft interior is kinder to the "face" of my kindle preventing the possibility of scratches to the glass. As far as the portability factor, I do wish that this cover featured some sort of closure....perhaps a small strap that would make it look like a vintage diary and assure the safety of your Kindle since I am concerned that over time the four small elastic corner straps may lose their elasticity. Those are two concerns but the asthetic beauty of the cover is such that I'm willing to take a chance.

This cover is much nicer than my original blah black Kindle cover which I got last year. I was so impressed with the quality and appearance of this particular product that I ordered a couple more as gifts....one for a girlfriend and a second for my teen-aged grand-daughter (I selected another, more youthful design for her). If you have a "difficult to buy for" someone on your holiday gift list who owns a tablet or e-reader or if your just looking for something a little different to give to brighten their day, this could very well be the solution to your gift giving problem. 3 1/2 stars ----just because of the two concerns indicated in the last paragraph.

3.0 out of 5 stars KEEP YOUR FIRE UNDER COVER, 3 Dec. 2012
Red Rock Bookworm (St. George Utah USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cover, 1 July 2012
Katrina James "Bookworm" (England) - See all my reviews
This cover holds my Kindle firmly, and looks lovely. I've had a lot of positive comments about it - people often ask me what I am reading as it looks like a lovely old book. Its also pretty lightweight which is important for me as I read in bed. I've dropped my Kindle a couple of times since I've had it, but this cover seems to have protected it fine as there is no damage to either the Kindle or the cover. Equally I've been caught out in the rain with it and the cover has protected the Kindle well.

Addressing negative comments about this cover:
There have been a few comments on this cover that say it looks like plastic leather - I don't agree that this is the case, it's colour is exactly as it looks in the picture and the feel of the material is far from plastic. Another poster also commented that it has stained their Kindle - I've just checked mine after a couple of months use and it has left some feint black marks, but then this is the first time I've removed the cover and I don't expect I'll remove it again... so not sure why a few stains will ever be a problem! If you remove the cover of your Kindle often then maybe this isn't the cover for you.

All in all, exactly what I had hoped for. I'd love a dark brown version too if Verso were to make one, but essentially this is pretty perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of damage to your Kindle, 24 May 2012
John Mackie (uk) - See all my reviews
This is a beautiful looking product BUT within 3 weeks of using it, four black stains have appeared in each corner on the rear of my Kindle Touch. These have clearly been caused by the device being held in tightly by the four strips of elastic at each of the corners of the cover. The dye has come out of the case onto the corners of the device.

I have tried absolutely everything to clean it off without success and the Kindle is now marked for life I fear.

As one who likes to keep gadgets in good condition to resell and update, I am really quite disappointed that this accessory has damaged my device.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, nice design, not cheap, 16 May 2012
The case is sturdy enough to protect well the Kindle inside, the straps provide a firm grip so that it will not move at all. The design is nice, and the material feels soft to the hand.

I have been using it for everyday commuting and for holiday travelling for a while now and the case still looks almost as new, so I am very satisfied with its performance.

The only downside is that you are paying a high price for just an accessory to your Kindle. But, apart from this, which you already know about before buying, I would expect you should not have any complaints when the case arrives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 4 May 2012
John Meanwood (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I ordered one of these covers to put on my Kindle Touch, which comes with a free light and is about a quarter of the cost of an official Amazon version.

I then saw this cover, which looks like an antique book, and decided that it would be worth the extra money to use for the Kindle. It is thick, well stitched and has a pocket on the inside. There is unfortunately no clip or magnetic closure, but it generally stays shut on a flat surface. It's really gorgeous and I would probably have been tempted to buy one even if I did not have a Kindle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cover, 26 Dec. 2012
Brida "izumi" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I was given my Kindle as a Christmas present last year. I was also given a cover for it - it was quite a simple, purple coloured cover which had a black elastic strap so that when you weren't using the Kindle, the cover would remain closed. Although I doubt this cover was very expensive, it did its job well. However, when I saw this cover in Waterstones, I immediately preferred its appearance.
Made out of red leather, this cover looks similar to an old book. The spine has gold stars running down it. The front cover has an embossed design in the middle and gold decoration around the edges. The cover itself is sturdy - the weight of it is much more than my original cover. This makes it feel very sturdy. There is also a pocket on the inside of the front cover itself; perhaps a good place to store your scribbled wishlist of Kindle books? If I had one small gripe it would be that, unlike the cover which was originally given to me, this Verson cover does not have any kind of strap. Given the weight of the cover, this may not prove a problem, as the front cover closes quite naturally. However, having a strap does make me feel assured that the screen won't in any way become scratched when I'm not using it.
Overall, I would recommend this accessory for Kindle users, especially for those who may prefer their Kindle to look more traditional when not in use. I would certainly buy this as a gift for someone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic value, 15 Aug. 2013
Firstly to address a few concerns in other reviews on here;

Have owned this bad boy for a month or so now and I have not had any of the horrible marks rubbing off onto the back of my kindle.
secondly, Verso seem to have addressed this problem and when you actually open the product it seems as though there is already a thin piece of plastic they now include (or not sure people were taking this off- which I see no need to do!) which stops your kindle from making full contact with the back of the cover. Problem solved!

There is also a cool little pocket on the inside of the cover, however problem is its very tight and thin and at best it seems as though you can only fit credit cards and thin pieces of paper in there nothing major, which is fine because I want my cover to be portable anyways.

All in all at the price they sell this, this is a fantastic cover, I love getting it out and its very stylish. To those that complain it doesn't look like proper leather I can only presume want the world for nothing...same goes for the effects of the gold accents. Some of them are faded on mine but it doesn't detract from the look, in fact I feel it adds to the worn look & feel of a rich old school leather bound book, and so it seems to make sense to me that it looks like that.

Grab yourself a great affordable and stylish cover people!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Kindle cover, 28 Jun. 2013
The cover is quietly classy and very comfortable to hold. I have found nothing not to like about it and would recommend it to anyone. I bought it at the "used" price but it was brand new. I did think at first that not having a closure might be a problem when I carried it in my handbag but it's fine.