4.0 out of 5 stars A good quick read
Published on 6 Feb 2012 by Trisha.101

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time and money
Im actually abig fan of Katie fforde and have read her other books over and over again; but this was a bitter dissapointment.

I feel this was just too short and badly written, clearly as an advert fopr her upcoming novel and really not worth your reading.
Published on 15 April 2012 by himself

4.0 out of 5 stars A good quick read, 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Undercover Cook (Kindle Edition)
Undercover Cook was a really short read but I loved every word! I could just imagine myself trembling in my chef shoes in the professional kitchen! Katie is one of my favourite authors and this book is just as good as one of her full length novels. It reminded me of Thyme Out with the overbearing chef! I think Theo would make Gordon Ramsey sound tame! I do agree with some of the other reviews that the story ended too abruptly but don't let that put you off. I would recommend this to any Katie Fforde fans.The Undercover Cook

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time and money, 15 April 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally disappointed, 19 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Undercover Cook (Kindle Edition)
I also didn't realise this was a short story when I bought it. And it was very short and very simplistic. I was a bit bored waiting for the story to get going. And then it just stopped. I've really enjoyed several of her proper books but felt totally let down with this. I'll be more careful purchasing anything from this author in future.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not comparable to Katie Fforde's novels, 11 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Undercover Cook (Kindle Edition)
Well I suppose it didn't help that I didn't realise this was a short story until it suddenly finished (just thought I was getting an Amazon bargain). I have read several books by this author before and always found them to be well written with likable, well-rounded characters. Not in this case. The writing was overly simplistic without any depth and does not reflect this author's strengths and the ending was awfully cliched. I should point out that I am not a fan of short stories and this has undoubtedly influenced my review. Still, this is the first book that I have deleted from my Kindle - purchased, completed and deleted in under 15 minutes.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is only a very short story!!!, 24 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Undercover Cook (Kindle Edition)
I thought this was very cheap for a Kate Fforde book and it was! It's just a very short story, just one chapter. Don't buy thinking you are getting one of her books, you're not. Should be made much clearer that it is a short story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and light hearted reading, 3 April 2012
This review is from: The Undercover Cook (Kindle Edition)
This was a fantastic little read! just a shame it wasnt longer. Exciting and fun light hearted reading. Reccomend for a quick short read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 30 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Undercover Cook (Kindle Edition)
Hadn't realised it was a short story and was very disappointed with it. Normally like her books hence downloading this one. Needs to state that it's a short story somewhere in the blog!

1.0 out of 5 stars None, 17 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Undercover Cook (Kindle Edition)
I read the reviews on this book and realised it was a short book, but that was ridiculas!!! Ihave read most of katie fforde books and was VERY disappointed in this, so much so thati felt compelled to write my first reviw (this is it) so i hope it was helpful

3.0 out of 5 stars A taster, 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Undercover Cook (Kindle Edition)
I've never read any novels by Katie Fforde before, so this short story was a nice taster for me. I enjoyed reading it but hoped that it would go on a bit longer. It's been a good introduction for me though so I will now look out for some of her full-length novels to try.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 16 April 2012
This review is from: The Undercover Cook (Kindle Edition)
Very disappointed much too shorter story just got into it and it finished, and I love this author have many of her novels.But would still read her books because she is so good.

ARRAY(0xafea8fc0)