5.0 out of 5 stars pauline
second of the three and i really enjoyed it. these books are not very long, or it could be that i enjoyed them so much they just flew by.
Published on 6 Feb 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Thank God it's over!
(Book length: 3864 kindle locations)
(I was given this book for free on a read-to-review basis.)
This is the second book in the `Trylle' trilogy, and kicks off at the point where the first book finished.
Published on 10 May 2012 by Sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars pauline, 6 Feb 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable sequel and a hot new character :), 28 May 2012
Amazon Customer (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Torn: Book Two in the Trylle Trilogy (Trylle Trilogy 2 Adult Edition) (Kindle Edition)
Obviously, it goes without saying that if you have not yet read Switched (the first book in the Trylle series)then do not go any further as you may encounter potential spoilers.

Torn is of course the eagerly awaited sequel to Switched and I devoured it just as quickly as I did the first book. It's just pure entertainment value and easy reading - and I mean that as a compliment. Never in my life did I think I would enjoy a book about trolls!

You may recall at the end of Switched that Wendy ran back home with her tail between her legs but guess what?! SHE CAN'T STAY THERE and I'm sure that will come as a big shock to you all *rolls eyes*. What I liked most about Torn I think is Wendy's character development. She starts accepting who and what she is more and more, even relishing in the role on occasion. She develops a sense of duty as she comes to understand that the Trylle need a leader, a queen. Speaking of duty, let's talk about frustrating yet dutiful Finn who starts pushing Wendy away because he has nothing to offer her but banishment. I get this, I do but ANGSTY ANGST, ARGH! You know?

In the midst of it all, we have Loki, a young Markis from VIttra who tries to kidnap Wendy and bring her to the king whose interest in her is beyond political. Amanda? THANK YOU for Loki. I love a bad boy with a cheeky chappy sense of humour and he certainly fits the bill. Loki and Wendy enjoy some flirtatious banter and this of course sets up a potential love triangle between Wendy, Finn and Loki but we'll see about that ;)
Torn delves deeper into the world of the Trylle and I enjoyed learning that whilst we tend to think of the VIttra as the bad guys, let's just say that it's a little bit more complicated than that.

Torn is a very enjoyable sequel and I'm looking forward to Ascend (Trylle #3) which is out now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!!!!!, 3 July 2012
Ms. R. J. Parkes (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
I loved this trilogy! I read them and now my 13 year old daughter is reading them! But don't let that put you off, they are for all ages! Once you start the 1st one, they have you wanting more!

5.0 out of 5 stars well im hooked, 11 April 2011
wow, I've read the first two books in the Trylle series in a 3 days! Addictive stuff.
if you like fantasy books then you will love this.
worth 5 stars and more
just cant wait to consume the 3rd book now

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read!!!!!!, 12 Jan 2013
Torn a mind blowing book that has you gripped from the first page. Wendy is courageous character and is willing to protect her kingdom from the dark forces furthermore Wendy discovers she is falling with the handsome and dark Loki who would bring happiness and love into her life but Wendy has to protect her people. A astonishing read and a magnificent book. I recommend this book to anyone and everyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Thank God it's over!, 10 May 2012
(Book length: 3864 kindle locations)
(I was given this book for free on a read-to-review basis.)
So Wendy has finally walked out on her awful mother, and has run off back home with Rhys - the boy that she was swapped at birth for - and therefore her brother's real brother.

They make it back and Wendy introduces Rhys and Matt, before Finn and another tracker called Duncan make an appearance, and tell Wendy that she needs to go back to Forening. Wendy point blank refuses, and so Finn and Duncan leave. Not long after the house is attacked by the Vittra - a different tribe of trolls, and Wendy, Matt, and Rhys are all taken captive.

Wendy makes a fuss and finds out why they have been taken - the Vittra King is her biological father, and so he too feels like he can lay claim to her. Thankfully, Finn, Duncan, and Tove come to her rescue, and she finds herself back at her mother's palace in Trylle.

From then on there is a lot of politics - which kingdom will Wendy rule? How can they prevent war between the Trylle and Vittra? How long will it be before Wendy will be queen?
There is also some romantic intrigue, with Wendy finding herself romantically involved with three different men!

I hate to say this but I am so glad that this book is over. I really enjoyed Switched, so much so that I immediately began reading Torn, unfortunately this book failed to live up to my expectations. I found myself having real trouble staying focused whilst reading this book, and at around 40% I had to start speed-reading through to stop myself from totally giving up.
To be honest I can't even say that there was anything that I particularly didn't like - I was just bored. Maybe it was all the arguing and politics, but I just really struggled to keep reading.
The plot wasn't even surprising, most of the `twists' I could see coming from mid-way through the first book.

Hoping that the next is better.
3 out of 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stupendously Super Sequel!, 18 Nov 2010
Wow, I've consumed the first two books in the Trylle series in a couple of days! Addictive stuff.

The second in the Trylle series sees Wendy uncovering more of the history of the Trylle and their enemy the Vittra. With more of the facts of her own heritage laid bare and just exactly what is expected of her, Wendy struggles to decide what is more important to her - her love for Finn (someone completely unsuitable for a Princess) or her duty to the crown and to her people.

The political intrigue and the wonderful history Hocking creates pushes the plot along, as well as her easy style of writing. Moreover, Wendy's first person narrative is even better in the second novel as she somehow becomes more compassionate and yet stronger. As she trains in her powers she begins, slowly but surely, to have a little self-belief; I really enjoyed her character development.

Some great new characters added, not quite sure what they want just yet...so...

...Impatiently waiting for the third novel.

5 stars!

3.0 out of 5 stars A little Disappointed!, 24 April 2012
I have read most of Amanda Hockings books and am a big fan but for
some reason I have really struggled with the 2nd book in the Trylle
Trilogy. I am normally hooked from the beginning of her books but found
Torn slow and predictable in places. I will not let this put me off maybe
I should read it again especially after reading all the other positive
reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Next big book, 31 July 2014
I'm completely addicted reading these first two books within days now writing a review as the third downloads, feeling sad this is the last in the trilogy but hoping someone sees the potential in these books for the big screen. not only is the story believable that this could happen, the mixture of love, action and comedy of how they are written especially when Wendy is learning to harness her abilities made me laugh out loud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014