5.0 out of 5 stars "Are You All Sitty Comftybold..." - Ogden's Nut Gone Flake by SMALL FACES (Deluxe Edition)
**** THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE 2012 3CD 'DELUXE EDITION' ***

Monday 7 May 2012 sees the release of a whopping four DELUXE EDITIONS for Small Faces fans - and for many their 1968 masterpiece "Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake" (a Number 1 album in the UK) will be 'the' jewel in a very tasty set of crowns.

Here are the finite details for Universal/Sanctuary 276...
Published on 14 May 2012 by Mark Barry

2.0 out of 5 stars ogden's nutgone flaked out
Published on 26 May 2012 by H. C. Nicholls

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars ogden's nutgone flaked out, 26 May 2012
H. C. Nicholls "Mrs D" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ogden's Nut Gone Flake [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
Worth the price as it is three cds here. but apart from the brilliant mono version ,what most collectors of The Small Faces are interested in is the second disc of outtakes. There aren't many here as most of the disc is filled with bad USA mixes that are simply echoe effected and the same as the tracks you already know. It's ok but seeing as a label like Charly Records are behind it be aware! It is still a classic album by an untouched band of any regardless of era! Tracks like the alternate phased version of the title track are a con as it is just the song backwards.....a bit poor really.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but ..., 3 April 2013
This review is from: Ogden's Nut Gone Flake [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
There's some great music on this album but unfortunately it is spolit for me by the silly voice that links some songs in an odd slang that was presumably quite amusing at the time. I'm not a big fan of Steve Marriott's Artful Dodger impersonations either. A shame, because some of the songsare as good as anything else from the time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Learn by your mistakes, 21 Jan 2006
This review is from: Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake (Audio CD)
I remember this as a top album from my University days in the late sixties, so when I was browsing Amazon I thought I'd put it on my wish list. I must admit that although I had heard the album in the dim and distant past - I couldn't remember it. Now I wish I had, because it will definitely NOT be going to the top of my iPod play list. I received it as a Christmas present.
Most of the songs rate as "OK but not outstanding" but the original side 2 of the album has off-putting verbal track links by Stanley Unwin. I now remember that usually only side 1 was played to avoid these embarrassing verbal links.
A further issue with this particular recording is the "remastering". The equalisation seems to be totally wrong - to make it acceptable I had to turn DOWN the treble by 4 points and turn UP the bass. Maybe when it was transferred to CD the engineers were listening with equalisation applied for the original recording but forgot to apply it to the remastering - unless the intention was to make it sound like it was being played on a sixties Dansette record player!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to hear this again, 4 Dec 2010
P. Ryder (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake (Audio CD)
I purchased the original vinyl but lost it - i forgot how good this album is and ahead of its time. Some of it now seems a little dated but overall it is well worth adding to my collection

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the experts will have you think..., 7 Sep 2008
This review is from: Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake (Audio CD)
I purchased this CD when I read in Mojo that it was one of the top 50 CDs of all time. My dad also rates it (used to have it on vinal).
However unfortunatly although I have revisited this CD a few times over the past few years I really can not get into it. In my opinion it is average at best:(

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Ogden's Nut Gone Flake [Deluxe Edition]
Ogden's Nut Gone Flake [Deluxe Edition] by The Small Faces (Audio CD - 2012)