5.0 out of 5 stars Motorola Gleam the phone for me
This phone is easy to use and has a nice sized clear screen. I have big fingers, so most key pads are difficult for me to use without pressing more than one pad, but with the Gleam this is not the case, nice sized keys which are far enough apart from one another for me to dial and text without hitting the wrong keys all the time. Great phone.
Published on 10 July 2012 by Thomas Henry

2.0 out of 5 stars TURNED OUT TO BE A WASTE OF MONEY.
Good signal reception on Tesco Mobile. Easy to use even for me at 68. Has several alarm settings. Choice of screen backgrounds.
Drawbacks. No choice of ringtones, just one musical one for incoming calls which is not sharp and I can't easily hear it when it's in my pocket and there is background noise. SMS just a bell easily heard. The instructions don't say if you...
Published on 7 Jan. 2013 by Mr. S. H. Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorola Gleam the phone for me, 10 July 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Moto flip yet, 23 Jun. 2012
Mr. M. Sampson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola Gleam+ Sim-Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
My Other half wanted this phone as she was just getting over the loss of her V3X which she loved , thinking it was just another flip phone i was more than surprised when it came , what a stonking little phone this is and they say its a basic it only came into the UK in march of this year and they have had there thinking caps on at Motorola i just hope its not true that this is there last flip phone. The phone ticks all the boxes good looks stunning effects on the outer case even lets you know who is calling you without opening it and it is so easy to set up and run , bags of setup configuration choice and they now have at last got the 3.5 jack also takes micro SD cards for expanding so lots of music or movies if you want , even though its very thin it is a sturdy phone .
I ordered the phone on the Monday night and it was with us on the Wednesday free p&p i would recommend this phone without any reservations .

4.0 out of 5 stars In a world that is overly complicated this one looks way back!, 5 May 2012
This review is from: Motorola Gleam+ Sim-Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
Well here I am with my new gleam plus and am I glad to have something that is not a touch phone. After spending a frustrated year with a smart phone I finally took the plunge and got arid of it for this one and all in all I am glad I did. Let me begin by telling you what this phone will not do:

1. This phone will not allow you to press imaginary keys on a virtual screen.
2. This phone will not switch itself off half way through a conversation because your ear has touched the virtual screen.
3. You will not spend hours trying to work out how things work.
4. You will be able to make calls and text and check your e mails on line but nothing else.
5. This phone does not leave a dent in the pocket but don not expect state of the art...this phone is basic.
6. It will do everything a phone should but does not turn into a mini computer.

So that is about it. The phone is basic. It makes calls and texts but the internet on it is not fast nor great however it is enough to check emails online. If you are over 40 and want a phone that is simple and easy to use then buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Product but lousy manual, 29 May 2012
This review is from: Motorola Gleam+ Sim-Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
The phone is excellent with a good size screen and easy to use. The alarm has a snooze feature which is great until you pick up the phone and accidentally press the side button which activates the snooze so you have to wait 5 mins for it to go off again. The piece of paper which is a get started guide is not good enough as a manual. Luckily I have children who help me out when I can't find something.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity in a nice package, 14 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Motorola Gleam+ Sim-Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
Simplicity in a nice package. got it within two days. I got bored of my iphones battery power. i had to charge it daily. so i decided to go back to basics and it was totally worth it. the gleam is a true reincarnation of the legendary motorola V3 but in a sleek and more refined package. No dissapointments here. Great product, its weird my friends are really admiring it and they have the expensive touch screen phones themselves

5.0 out of 5 stars Gleam Plus, 18 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Motorola Gleam+ Sim-Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
This phone is just what I wanted. Large screen,clear buttons, easy to understand menu interface and a simple to use camera all contained in a smart, slim flip-phone. Blue Tooth interface with my laptop was very simple too. Delivery from this supplier was very prompt and everything needed was in the box and unpacking to first use was less than 2 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars super phone from Amazon, 8 Jun. 2012
Geo (Stockport UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola Gleam+ Sim-Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
I love my Gleam+ just close it to end a call securley, a big screen to read messages and view pictures,the fast Opera browser connects quickly and overall I can't fault it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great basic phone, 30 Aug. 2012
L. Cox "coxvpa" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola Gleam+ Sim-Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
I bought this phone for my husband who is not in the least bit techy - he wanted a phone that he can use to make phone calls and send text messages. This phone is stylish and he loves the display when the phone is closed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could have been a lot better., 31 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Motorola Gleam+ Sim-Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
This is my third or fourth clam phone. I had a Razr that I liked a lot but it got caught in heavy rain whilst in my rucksack and died. I had a touch phone after that but that was a pain because when I'm riding my bike the screen gets touched a starts something going. You can lock the screen but that is something I don't want to do every time I go out on my bike. The Gleam has a big screen for a clam phone and that is something I do like when compared to previous clam phones. The battery life seems very good and the phone design is pleasing except I find the lid awkward to open compared to previous phones. Two things I do not like is the miserable selection of ring tones and you do not seem to be able to receive and end calls by opening and closing the lid. My previous clam phone had a good selection of ring tones and had the option to receive and end calls with articulating the lid. I think Motorola could have made this a really great phone instead of just good. However I am a fan of clam phones and so I do not want to moan too much because we may not have the opportunity to buy these phones for much longer so enjoy this phone as I will. It is way better than a smart block with a touch screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past, 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Motorola Gleam+ Sim-Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
Used to love these phones from the early days of Startac to the Razr's. Eventually went to Smartphones for the last 4-5 years and when the last one (Samsung) became temperamental I just got fed up of paying so much for phones that are poor quality. Plus constant battery charging and getting my phone to do stuff that even a basic tablet does better just seemed pointless.

So I thought I wish clamshell phones were still around. In all honesty I did not think they still existed from Motorola although I had seen ones from other brands. When I came across this I did not hesitate to purchase. My first battery recharge came after 6 days! The only feature I wanted was Bluetooth for car which works great.

All in all very happy with this phone. This plus a 7" tablet is a much better combination than my previous phone. Would highly recommend.

Re seller. Delivery was next day which was a nice surprise.

Motorola Gleam+ Sim-Free Mobile Phone