5.0 out of 5 stars great for little ones
my year old grandson kept wanting to play with my phone because of the ringtones, he is quite happy to have this instead. quite robust, and the speakers are set well back from poking fingers. I stuck a bit of selotape over the speaker holes to be on the safe side, and it still sounds quite good. Speakers are very loud, but can be adjusted.
The micro memory card is...
Published on 7 Nov 2011 by C. M. Kirby

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, Shoddy Build Quality
My husband and I bought a pink August MP3 player for our 6-year-old, music-loving daughter. She could listen to Justin Bieber screeching away with her headphones, and that made us happy (that we didn't have to listen to it).

Published 20 months ago by L. Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars great for little ones, 7 Nov 2011
C. M. Kirby - See all my reviews
The micro memory card is also tucked well in.
The size is not too big for small hands.
Very pleased with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent little mp3, 7 Aug 2012
J. McGuinness (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I purchased this item as a cheap little mp3 player for my son, who is 3 months old. I use it to play white noise to help him sleep so I needed one with integrated speakers. I bought this before I read the review that said there was no ability to change the volume so I was a little apprehensive about its use. However that reviewer was wrong, there are volume buttons but they also act as the forward track and back track buttons. This little mp3 player exactly fulfilled my requirements.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, Shoddy Build Quality, 12 Nov 2012
L. Howard (Copthorne, England, UK) - See all my reviews

The machine is simple, cheap and the tiny speakers on it force out an amazing level of sound. Loading music on the card is simple, and the delight she gets out of that thing is immeasurable.

When we were looking at music players at the time, there was a rather large gap price-wise between the child-friendly players. We decided on the August player, because the next player up was much larger, and 60. I liked the idea our child could play outside with other children, and if her player got broken, it was replaceable. Getting her a 60 player would have probably entailed her keeping it nearer the house.

We bought this particular player 2.5 months ago, and it's now starting to malfunction. It's gone from needing a charge every 4 - 5 days, to not holding a charge longer than a day. And the sound of whatever song is being played will drop by half.

Normally I feel foolish about writing negative reviews about cheap toys. My expectations are always low that the toys will survive the thrashing a young child will give them. But from a usage and recycling point of view, I would have loved to have purchased a much better built replica of this player for let's say, 30, and have it last a year or more.

Will we buy another one? It's likely. 8.49 for 2.5 months is good value, considering how much it's been used. But before I do, I'll strive to find one that's more robust.

=============================

After writing this review, I messaged Amazon about the player being broken, and in the end Daffodil UK gave me a complete refund. Sadly they couldn't replace the player.

I'm very pleased about the very communication and refund, so overall our experience with Daffodil UK has been a positive one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little buy for a young girl, 13 Jan 2012
Cheery Mum (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a xmas present for my 5 year old daughter. She's not keen on wearing headphones but loves her music so didn't want to spend a fortune on a typical MP3 player. The fact that this had speakers meant I knew she could listen to her tunes anywhere without headphones, although it does have a headphone socket which I'm sure she'll make use of as time goes on and in the meantime it makes it easy to connect up to the stereo in the car.
The torch and neckstrap again make it appeal to a child of that age.
The one control for volume/track is a little tricky but she's mastered it better than me. She seems happy enough pausing to return to the track later so it hasn't been a huge problem that when it's turned off it returns to the original track. It's held it's charge with her playing with it for a few weeks now and is easy to recharge from the pc. Putting the music on initially was straightforward. Overall I'm really impressed with it for the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Cheap MP3 Player, 8 Sep 2012
L. Howard (Copthorne, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This product amazes me. It's absolutely tiny, and out of it comes a very loud, clear sound.

Our 7-year-old daughter took a minute to work out the controls, and soon afterwards she has been taking the player with her everywhere.

Well, well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars superb product, 13 Jun 2012
I bought this for my girlfriend, I was really surprised how good it is, nice sound great volume and it is so easy to use. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to have an mp3 player without paying stupid prices, just don't forget to buy the memory card and ear phones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little mp3 plyer.(August MB100P), 14 Dec 2011
I ordered this mp3 player with a 2GB micro sd card.I copied some mp3 songs and bed-time stories for my 3 years old grand daughter, as a Christmas present. The player worked fine and played all the songs and stories with acceptable/good quality for this sort of low price. It is simple to operate and with the supplied USB cable, you can recharge the battery either from your computer or a separate USB charger. I suggest that the speakers should be protected with a simple sticker or small circular pad to prevent the child's little fingers or small objects from damaging them. I used thin felt stickers to cover the central area of the speakers access, but keeping the perpetrations around each speaker free.

I would have liked the player to have a separate volume control, rather than using the same function key for volume and track finding, but with a little practice it seems ok.

The player has no display to indicate the track number as you skip back and forward to find the right track. This becomes more of an issue when you have loads of songs loaded. For my purpose, I kept a maximum of 10 tracks, which covers her favourite stories and songs, and I will update the sd-card as my grand daughter's list gets bigger.

The build quality is reasonable. The switches are somewhat fragile and would require gentle handling, to make the player last as long as possible. You also have the bonus of a 3 led torch light.

To get an mp3 player with built-in 1+1 watts stereo speakers and a re-chargeable battery for such a low price is remarkable. It is a shame they did not include an auxiliary input to play external music from a mobile or other gadgets. I shall update my review later on the durability of this player.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for all ages, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: August MB100R Portable Stereo Speakers - MP3 Player with 3.5mm Audio In / Card Reader / LED Torch - Red (Electronics)
Bought this for me, as i have bought 3 blue and a pink already as gifts. They are so easy to use, fit nicely in the hand and all ages can use them, they have a good torch as well. Play for 6 hours charge for 4.usb charger, I charge it in the evening.yes i would buy more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value but poorly designed controls., 6 Sep 2011
It works, but the lever to control volume when moved slowly also changes track when moved a bit faster and it is very easy to make a mistake. If you use the torch facility and then put the torch off but want to keep playing a track you'd lose your place as it will go back to the start of the track when the switch is moved. It might be OK for background music where it didn't matter which track or which part of a track you are at, but very difficult to use for listening to spoken audio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent simple peice of kit, 13 Sep 2012
I was looking foir a music player for my sister who has special needs. She wanted a player that wasn't too big so that she could take her music with her when she went out. Other requirements were that she needed to have a player with built in speakers as she doesn't like to wear headphones.

I found this mp3 player whilst searching the internet so I thought I would buy it and she how she got on with it.

She loves it and she takes it with her everywhere.

Whilst it's not very feature laden for the gadget savvy people out there, it's simplicity works for her. One controller adjusts the volume and skips the track. The sound quality is great and the ability to change the memory card without having to puly it into a copmuter means that she only asks me occasionally to update the tracks on the player.

All round a good player with good sound quality and a torch on top.