5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning novel
I really didn't want to put this book down at any point. I agreed with the first reviewer about the brilliance of the book, the believable characters and intricate weaving of the story lines, but was more than happy that the actual sinking of the Titanic was dealt with right at the start, because the book is about the aftermath: I think we have all had overkill on the...
Published on 27 Jan 2012 by P. Ashley

3.0 out of 5 stars Interlocking lives
A well written novel starting at the time of the sinking (no spoiler there!) of the Titanic which just sets the scene and not what the story is about. This is a book about two women's lives and how different their worlds when on that one dreadful night turned into a chance meeting and changed both their lives forever.

The locational information is very...
Published 22 months ago by Lougrahamii

‹ Previous | 15 6 711 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Captain's Daughter (Kindle Edition)
Good strory different from your normal run of the mill Titanic story with good side stories, with a good pace

5.0 out of 5 stars The Captains Daughter, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Captain's Daughter (Kindle Edition)
This is a lovely read not only for the storyline but also for the history. It holds your attention right through. A follow up would be nice to continue the family story.

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting light read, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Captain's Daughter (Kindle Edition)
I liked this book, it had a lot of twists and turns which kept me interested. It made me think about something that I had very little knowledge of, the Titanic disaster. A good read, well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read., 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Captain's Daughter (Kindle Edition)
The story captured my interest from quite early on and, although I guessed some of the outcome, it was fun discovering the route by whch the author led me to it.
There are so many story threads that weave through each other that a rich tapestry of life in the last century takes shape, featuring so many things that my parents spoke of when I was a child. The Titanic story reads like a documentary with the added pathos that comes with the opportunity to experience it through the characters hat we bond with so well.
Moments of great pain and moments of joy! I liked "The Captain's Daughter" My first time to read Leah Fleming and I will read more of her work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Captain's Daughter (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book from the first moment I started to read it. Just sad it ended as it did, I wanted to know more.

4.0 out of 5 stars intriging title, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Captain's Daughter (Kindle Edition)
read a gew chapters to really get inside the story. descriptive horrors of the shipwreck, well worth reading , enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Captain's Daughter (Kindle Edition)
A wonderfully written book. It holds you through chapter after chapter. Happy and sad the way a book should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Captain's Daughter (Kindle Edition)
Thought I had made a mistake that book would be all about the sinking of the ship, but not at all the ship is just the background. wonderfull story very well written as it was on my kindle I bought this book for my Daughter as i knew she would also love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting Book, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Captain's Daughter (Kindle Edition)
I liked this book alot. The expanse of History covered is vast, well researched I have to say. It starts with the sinking of the great ship in 1912 to the middle of the 1930s. I felt great empathy with the Characters and their plight, after the sinking and how it effected their lives all in different ways. A great read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Titanic, 14 Nov 2013
P. O'hara (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Captain's Daughter (Kindle Edition)
What an interesting approach to the subject. I am really enjoying this book. Following the intricacies of various families and relationships

‹ Previous | 15 6 711 | Next ›