If screen size isn't a problem then it's perfect. It's not too small, but some people much prefer the XL with the bigger screen. Moving to this from an XL though, I personally didn't have a problem. I pretty much purchase this because of the extremely good price (£99 when I bought it) and I prefer this over a 2DS so I thought why not.

Some points I would like...
Published 8 months ago by kallumsmart

3.0 out of 5 stars Novelty item
To be honest I think most will not bother with the 3d function but will buy this simply to play games that are exlcusive to it (pokemon x&y for example)
There's a camera and you can create your own little guy to use in games like pilotwings. There's also mini games that are quite fun too. The unit isn't the most comfy to hold and the shiny plastic rather than the...
Published 15 months ago by john

5.0 out of 5 stars If screen size isn't a problem then it's perfect. It's not too small, 5 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS - Ice White (Console)

Some points I would like to mention

1. This product might be limited stock and could stock up more because Nintendo are bringing out the New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL next year and they are showing signs of discontinuing the original model (This product). Might explain why the price is so good as well.

2. Obviously as I just mentioned are new models coming out next year with more power, improved 3D and many other fantastic features. Also has a 0.5 inch bigger screen so if a 3DS is a bit small, but XL is too bit then the New 3DS might be just right, but the problem being is that it won't be available until early next year so if you can wait then maybe you might prefer to wait and go for the newer product.

I wanted to get an original anyway because I like collecting and this is still a fantastic product and I intend on getting their new models next year, but felt I should point that out should somebody buy this and then want their next best thing. Can't really say much about their new products because Nintendo hasn't said much either, but I'm sure if you have kids then it doesn't matter whether it is this product or their latest because they will still carry on supporting this model until the next-generation which is years away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it, 2 Jan. 2014
Bought as a Christmas gift for my daughter. Hadn't realised the screen wasn't vastly different in size to the Normal DS that she already had, but got a good deal for it on Black Friday and she is really happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars White 3DS, 27 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS - Ice White (Console)
I would highly reccommend this, the 3d is really good and picture quality is a big step up from the previous model.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!, 4 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS - Ice White (Console)
The 3DS is amazing! Lots of people comment on how the 3D effect does not work but what they do not know is that it works for some people! There are many little apps you can use before you get a game so you cannot be bored. If you rarely go out to buy anything because you order online, you can go to the 3DS e shop and order things there. They have actual 3DS and Game boy games to download so you do not have to order online or go out shopping! There is A LOT of space on the SD card that it comes with and the 3DS, it also helps you to keep fit by giving you a play coin (I'll explain about play coins in a moment). You get a play coin for every 100 steps you take (yep! The 3DS has a pedometer.) But you don't have to walk for 'steps', you can shake the 3DS for 'steps' too! A play coin is used to buy things in many games and can only be earned by walking with the 3DS, shaking the 3DS and doing physical activities with it. Not only that, you can communicate with your 3DS using internet (AKA - WI FI) if you have traded friend codes of connected from the friends list through local wireless connection.

It's everything you need, in one little console! :D

PS. I personally think that the 3DS with the Super Mario 3D land bundle is not a very good deal since it's just a ice white 3DS (£133.00) and a Super Mario 3D Land game (approx. £35.00). Altogether, £168.00 and the bundle is £199.00. See what I mean?

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS, 25 Jan. 2014
I am very pleased with this item and would have no hesitation in recommending it. I previously used the Nintendo DS but the 3DS brings games to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 19 Jan. 2014
Great price great product
My niece loves this especially the colour
Works great and really easy to set up/ use

5.0 out of 5 stars A Kid's review: The best console I got!, 26 Jan. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I got this awesome games console for Christmas. I had a few other Nintendo consoles (DS Lite, DSi, Wii) but the 3DS is the best so far! I bought a Moshi Monsters skin for it and I received two games: Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park - Limited Edition (Nintendo DS) but for 3DS, and New Super Mario Bros: 2 (Nintendo 3DS). I am a big fan of Nintendos so the 3DS was perfect for me. I accidentally bought two skins so I gave the other skin to my brother who put it on his DSi.

There is a Mii Maker where you make a virtual avatar (Similar to the Mii Channel on the Wii,) a camera where you can take photos in 3D and a voice recorder. You can download games using the Nintendo eShop and browse the internet in 2D... you can play the classic DS games or special 3D games you can only play on the 3DS. I hope they make a Build a Bear game for the 3DS, as I own two bears made at Build a Bear. However, the 3DS is great! I hope they make a 3D Wii soon...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 4 May 2014
Stuart Bowker "Stuart" (Hambleton, England) - See all my reviews
Bought as an upgrade for DS2, does all the description says it should do, 3D is good, easy to find my way around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet!, 3 Feb. 2014
Readyletsgo (Dublin Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS - Ice White (Console)
Got this for my god daughter as she kept playing with my one, she is super happy with it. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice device, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS - Ice White (Console)
It is the perfect size and it seems to be a perfectly good 3DS. Let's hope it stays that way!

Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS - Ice White