4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for those who need it
Published on 2 Sept. 2012 by Mrs. L. Offley

3.0 out of 5 stars 'Always?' know what to say.
Published on 26 May 2012 by Sherlock

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for those who need it, 2 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Always Know What To Say - Easy Ways To Approach And Talk To Anyone (Kindle Edition)
In my job as a therapist, I often have people asking me to help them with their shyness with other people. This book contains many simple and commonsensical ideas for developing your confidence and communication muscles. it's not for everyone. People who are NOT terrified that other people won't accept them, but instead are comfortable in their own skin, don't need a book like this. But I know a number of people for whom this book is a gem, and I will continue to recommend it to those who will benefit from it.

3.0 out of 5 stars 'Always?' know what to say., 26 May 2012
Without repeating what this book is about, (other reviewers have done this), there are some nuggets of information to be gleaned from this succinct study. An example, that I perhaps knew deep down, was that quiet, or shy people start from the premise that other people don't like you and you have to gain their 'approval'; whereas for outgoing people, the reverse is true.
I would have liked to have read more suggestions for dealing with topics one doesn't feel confident about discussing; in my case sport, for which examples are given if you ALREADY know something about it.
Overall, it's good as an overview, and it's free!

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time, 21 Oct. 2013
I'm glad this was free, and that it was short, otherwise I would have felt very cheated. Chapter 4 on how to approach someone was a promising start, with suggestions on the frame of mind that you need to get yourself into when approaching someone new. But it goes rapidly downhill after that, with exhortations to "not be shy". I don't think the author has ever experienced what it is like to have your mind go blank when trying to think of things to say. Its the sort of stuff that your well-meaning mate down the pub would come up with, rather than any practical advice that might stand of chance of working.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really a book, 1 Feb. 2014
Not really a book, more like a short report or summary. It is free after all so I shouldn't complain. Some useful tips in here, but you're better off with one of Leil Lowndes' books if you're looking for something with more detail

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit old hat., 30 Dec. 2013
It was just ok. Most of what is written here is sound, but it's old hat, nothing new. I persevered as I thought it might be something I could recommend to clients. Bailedbout after about 3/4 of it read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Snoop, 22 Nov. 2013
Too short, without sufficient examples. It feels sometimes that he took and paste from advisory section different pieces into a book.

3.0 out of 5 stars An easy read if you can be bothered, 16 Nov. 2013
I thought this rather stated the obvious so I didn't learn anything new - or would necessarily use. An easy read if you can be bothered.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 4 Nov. 2013
Nothing new here, most of it is simply common sense and and as most people know if you invite someone to talk about themselves they will, me me me thats enough about me so lets talk about me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read, 3 Nov. 2013
Definitely worth a read and gets you thinking about yourself. I can't wait to start putting the points into action!

2.0 out of 5 stars What can I say about it., 11 Oct. 2013
Amazon Customer "papeter" (Altrincham, Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
I started to read, but got bored after a few pages. So sorry I can't offer a true review that would help the author.