Format: DVD|Change

on 28 February 2013
I'm a big fan of Jon Richardson and I always look forward to his panel show appearances. This DVD is of his 2012 live tour and is certainly worth watching.
For anyone who is not familiar with his material, he mainly concentrates on putting himself down, admitting social & personal anxiety as well as focusing on and analyzing everyday routines of people's personal behaviour. This exploration of such familiar situations/irritations make him very easy to relate to and takes it further by looking at habits on an almost microscopic level.
On the DVD performance he did seem to do more of the squeaky voice than I remember him doing when I saw him live and so (for me) was on the verge of damaging some of his routines with its over-use.
The DVD also includes an audio commentary and also his appearance on Live at the Apollo.

This is a good show of a great tour. Although I didn't laugh quite as much as I did when I saw him live, I would still say that any fans of Jon should get enjoyment from watching this show.
on 26 March 2013
Jon Richardson is just hilarious and is definitely worth a watch. He has a style that is sarcastic yet honest - he nails a lot of carefully observed imbecilic behaviours in life and is open about his own OCD behaviours when it comes to things such as doing the washing up properly after his flat-mates have made a pig's ear of it, which has left him twitching...
on 20 November 2012
If you've had a bad (s****y) day at the office working with people you don't like, there's no need to get yourself a bowl of Viennetta and chips to cheer yourself up!! Just put on a copy of this DVD and you will soon have a smile on your face. This is intelligent and wise comedy, if (sadly) mainly not suitable for my kids. (They can watch the bit about household chores though, they might even learn something....!) Congratulations on a great show, Jon (always a chance you might read this some time?) and thank you for lots of great entertainment and for your honesty and integrity about life. I hope you will keep writing, keep touring (I promise I will come and see your live show next year if you are on ANYWHERE in the UK) and keep brightening up my evenings by being adorable on 8 out of 10 Cats.
on 27 November 2013
Richardson simply introduces a whole new topic into comedy, focusing a lot on his everyday troubles with his OCD tendencies. In this regard, you will probably find this show funny if you are interested in, empathetic towards and amused by other people's view of life. If you only watch it for the punchlines, you may find this less funny as Jon mostly observes the ridiculousness of certain life scenarious.
on 14 August 2013
I love Jon Richardson and find his slightly depressing, yet logical view on things very funny. I was pleased with this dvd and it had me laughing though out!
on 10 February 2013
Highly recommended and very funny according to my nineteen year old grandson Will! A bit too rude for me as an79 year old!
on 11 February 2016
I was tempted to give this 5 stars, but I don't think it's quite funny enough. It is very good though. I'd seen parts of it before on 'Live at the Apollo' and I like Richardson on 8 out of 10 cats, so I was pretty confident in buying this - and I wasn't disappointed. Very funny, if not quite the funniest stand-up that I've ever seen.
on 12 November 2015
Really enjoyed watching, made me laugh and that's what I look for from comedy!
on 18 February 2013
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Jon Richardson. His rants and mannerisms make me laugh no end. I found the dvd to be a little bit cringey though in the most part. He rants more about his failure of a sex life and it kind of crosses a line. Definitely had to turn this off with family in the room..
on 8 November 2012
I have seen Jon live, and suffice to say..he's absolutely hilarious and I expect that this DVD will be on top of many people's Christmas lists. It's actually on my Christmas list, as you asked. At Christmas there's nothing better than to watch all your favourite DVD's, therefore mine will be; Labyrinth, Home Alone, The Snowman and of course Jon Richardson: The Funny Magnet. This show is undoubtedly a 100% belter, and is definitely up there with the Dyson Airblade when it comes to the greatest products of our century.

Love to Your Mothers',

Sue in Clifton
44 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse