5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box
I wanted to wait until the new toy feeling had worn off before reviewing to give an honest review.

So first impressions:
Pro - Price I paid £59 for mine (yes I know it is cheaper now damn it!) and to be honest for the price you would struggle to get a halfway decent MP3 player let alone a wifi enabled multimedia device.

Pro - The unit is made...
Published on 21 Aug. 2012 by Sir Weasel

3.0 out of 5 stars Good at somethings
Very quick delivery, so well done for that, no grumbles there.

+ points
Cheap as chips
Apps work well
Relatively fast browser
Clear sharp screen

- points

Battery lasts only 1-2 hours max, although a lot of this has been downloading apps.
Tablet nigh on impossible to use while charging, pressing a key generally...
Published on 16 Aug. 2012 by Steve G

‹ Previous | 1 2 332 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen response, 26 July 2012
I searched for quite a while on tablets before deciding to give this one a try. The screen is very responsive, which is what I wanted. The lightest touch and it responds.

Had no problems connecting it immediately to my home wi-fi network and I can turn the wi-fi on and off with no problems. It reconnects every time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Zero support, 28 Dec. 2012
Item arrived, and turned on once. Installed angry birds on it and it locked up solid. When rebooting due to the lock up it entered a reboot loop and only displayed the word "Android" on the screen, progressing no further into the boot sequence.

This is apparently fixable by doing a factory reset of the device. On this particular device there is no factory reset option available and you need to re-flash the firmware to do so, HOWEVER there is no web site support contact details in/on any of the packaging or in the chingrish instruction manual to tell you where you can download this firmware.

I immediately returned it as defective, and would not consider buying one of these again as it is barely fit for purpose and there is no online support in the form of a website to download essentials to factory restore the item.

Ended up at a local high street retailer on the way back from the post office returning this and got a storage options scroll excel II tablet, 30 quid more but at least it works!

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than I could of hoped for, 2 Nov. 2012
This is fantastic, I really mean it. For £50 or whatever it was, is brilliant, as this was our second venture in the cheap tablet purchase we are so happy, our first buy, some epad reader was terrible, really bad, cheap plastic awful plastic screen etc, this allwinner tablet is brilliant, I have an iPad and I have to admit the quality of the screen is amazing, responsive and feels like a tablet should, we have even considered buying another one. The delivery was quick, I think 4 days, and not sure but it was international shipping too. Buy this if after a budget tablet as this is just as good or I will say it better than the blackberry play book I had owned but got rid of as I thought that sucked. Not as good as an iPad but I'm an apple fan but GET THIS ONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what i needed, 20 Sept. 2012
This does exactly what my 8 year old wanted it for, youtube, iplayer, angry birds and wheres my water. So good I am getting my 6 year old one too

2.0 out of 5 stars No 3G, 5 July 2012
This review is from: ePad - Android 2.2 Tablet with 7 Inch Touchscreen + Wifi + 3G Capability (Personal Computers)
I keep seeing this and similar advertised with 3G Capability.
It hasn't! At least not in the UK. Even if you get a supposedly compatible dongle it doesn't work. Wireless is fine though

5.0 out of 5 stars 7inch epad, 15 Jun. 2012
Mr. J. Shaw (europe) - See all my reviews
The delivery was very good and the product does what it says on the
box Iam very satisfied with my purchase and would recomend to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars android 2 2 tablet, 6 July 2013
did not look good had so many deep scratches on it could not give it to my granddaughter for her birthday will not buy from this sale er again

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't work, 4 July 2013
Bought 2 of these for my 7 year old twins birthday, 1 worked fine and the other wont work at all. I have been sent instructions on how to re format it, however the instructions are just not very clear at all. Got one very disappointed 7 year old. I'm sorry but you should not have to re format anything that is brand new, regardless of price!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT ITEM BUT HAS A MICRO USB PORT NOT MINI AS STATED, 9 Jan. 2013
sweetthing - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
PLEASE READ ALL MY REVIEW IT EXPLAINS QUITE A BIT.
This is a great little tablet and once I fathomed out how to turn it on I was away, and after the first full charge (the battery lasts for exactly 1.1/2 hours, maybe longer if you are not surfing the web). The very first job was to download an anti-virus, then an adblocker, as there were adverts of naughty ladies popping up all the time. I then installed lots of games from the Google play store, newspapers, magazines, etc. etc.

I went to my sons today and when he saw the tablet he couldn't believe it, it was better than the Blackberry, the games I installed for free were being charged for on the Blackberry apps store, he didn't have Skype, as Blackberry have their own type of Skype and only Blackberry users can contact each other. Mine was quicker, they had bought my 7 year old granddaughter the Blackberry play-book for Christmas and when I showed her mine she was on it for the rest of the time we were there as I had all the games she wanted. In fact she spent a lot of time installing more games so when she comes to our house she could use our tablet.

The DOWNSIDE is it states a MINI USB it is in fact a MICRO USB and the keyboard I purchased separately from another company did not work and I had to buy a MINI TO MICRO USB adaptor which was annoying.

Anyhow, I am one happy bunny and with the 12 month guarantee that comes with it, it is a fantastic buy, if it blows up after 12 months then I will get another one. Fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars its great, 26 Dec. 2012
works a treat just like it said online and seems quite robust i will get one for myself in the new year

‹ Previous | 1 2 332 | Next ›