on 19 July 2012
Do not buy if your motherboard doesnt support AHCI in the BIOS. This isnt stated anywhere but mine didnt so unit failed after approx 10 days use !! Also the 120gb will only be OK if your existing HDD is of similar size OR very underutilised as the Acronis software supplied will only clone if what it thinks is sufficient space is available on the SSD. As mine was 300gb partitioned into 2 parts with D: holding backups I had to get rid of the backups before it would work for me. Disappointed as it was fine whilst it worked but various Acer/Kingston Help desks were frankly of little assistance other than the AHCI 'tip' which should have been 'on the tin' !!!
on 2 September 2012
This is an excellent purchase, and a really simple and fast way to upgrade your machine.
It took all of 5 mins to install and even for the non technical the easy CD wizard to follow to clone the old drive was a doodle.
And Oh the difference. My i5 Sony S Series, running Win7 used to take maybe 20secs to boot to password, then another say 30/40secs before it was ready to use.
It now boots to password in 3secs (YES!) and is ready to use in about 10 after that. Full Photoshop opens instantly and is ready to use! Opens as quick a notepad!

BUT BEWARE.
I original bought this for my work Lenovo X220 Netbook. Unfortunately I never checked drive sizes (assumed all were the same). But the newer netbooks take a 7mm HDD, not a standard 9mm HDD.
There are only a few manufacturers making 7mm SSD. So do some digging if you have a NETBOOK, check the drive size before you buy. (Not taking any stars off this product as that error was made by yours truly!)
Check here: [...]

So, if you have a standard laptop/PC and want to turbo boost it - This is a brilliant easy way to do it!
on 20 October 2012
If you buy this as a replacement disk for a Win 7 desktop, Microsoft will try and stop you using it as a start-up disk.
Religiously following the installation guide, after cloning my existing hard drive and installing this replacement, I got the dreaded blue screen telling me I did not have a genuine copy of Windows. Panic Stations!
There is no warning of this and no apparent documentation advising how to overcome the problem.
System Recovery and the Win Repair Disk will not work! Very frustrating.
Repeating the process delivered the same undesired result.
If you search the internet you will get lots of different proposed solutions, all of which are so technical that they may as well be in Ancient Greek so far as I am concerned.
It seems others who have bought this SSD have not had this experience with Win7. But the internet search revealed that I am not the only sufferer.
I confess that I gave up after 2 days of trial and error and just bought a new (cheap) PC. So Microsoft won a new licence fee.
Unless you are a techie, you should be aware that there is a risk you might struggle!

If you have XP, this will probably not be a problem; I have previously successfully cloned a similar replacement SSD for an XP netbook (and it does wonders for the performance).

Why 2 stars? Well, the lack of warning/problem solution probably deserves only 1 star. But this bundle comes with a useful enclosure which means it can be used as a fast external back-up drive. So at least my money has not been wasted. But still disappointed.

Apologies are due to anyone reading this for apparently the second time. I managed to post this review wrongly to the unbundled SSD (haste not speed!). Now deleted and this one partly amended in view of comments on the earlier review.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2012
Well - this was definitely the best buy of my build. It's easy to install, it worked out of the box, it's small, light, COLD and it comes with all the addons needed.

The speeds this SATA III drive enjoys are remarkable; boots in seconds. I put the OS on this along with a game and there's still 80gb left to enjoy and fill up. It's so fast that coupled with a good CPU and RAM, you'll have an unstoppable machine. If you add a 1tb HDD to accompany this, it would serve your storage needs perfectly.

I'd recommend not just this package, but simply the SDD itself. Couldn't praise it high enough.
on 7 April 2013
It comes with everything you need and fits very easily. This SSD is a good size to stick the OS on and a few other bits. Works nicely and loads everything quickly
on 15 April 2012
Needed a larger HD in my Thinkpad X61. Picked a solid state drive for speed, lower heat output and no moving parts. Ordered through Amazon & it arrived from very quickly & was easy to install. Software picked up the second hard drive and asked which one I wished to clone. Programmes, files, partitions etc all cloned in under an hour. Added bonus is that my Thinkpad now boots up much quicker.
on 3 July 2015
This item was ok worked,thank you