5.0 out of 5 stars Cassette to MP3 brilliant.
I gave this five stars for its simplicity in its use, no problems in installation, I used it for three weeks constant converting my old cassettes, I'm in heaven now listening to all my old music cassette and audio books in MP3 format, life is so much easier now, my thanks.
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Hoo Too tape converter
The actual cassette player is of fairly basic quality with a fair amount of wow on some music (piano etc) ,but the audacity software is quite impressive even though I'll probably never use all it's functions. I was quite pleased to find I can also export wav. files so that I can make " proper " cd's not just mp3 files as this wasn't clear in the description.
Published 16 months ago by Mr C R Dudley

5.0 out of 5 stars Cassette to MP3 brilliant., 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: HooToo® Portable USB Tape Cassette To PC/MP3 Converter Capture Adapter Digital Audio Music Player (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good walking companion, 10 Jun 2013
Steve Tullett (Wellingborough, Uk) - See all my reviews
I'm sure there must be many people who have cassette tapes and no player on their modern hi-fi or ipod docks. This is great to have in your pocket to relive all that old music, or as I have discovered - listen to some books you promised to read as you enjoy a nice walk. In time I will use it to transfer my cassettes to PC. For the money, this is one of the best things I've bought lately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 9 May 2013
S. Newton (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
I wanted to be able to play a particular tape on my phone. Im so impressed im moving all my tapes onto my PC with this gadget. If you follow the instructions it is easy to get your first recording onto your PC

4.0 out of 5 stars Job taped!, 21 Mar 2013
D. Young - See all my reviews
Does the job and a bit more. Well worth the outlay and that wasn't much. very pleased. Now need to find time to use it! Quick service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too sure about this, 5 Mar 2012
I am quite happy to say this product lets me listen to my old cassette tapes via the USB connection to my computer.
As for downloading content to my computer, and converting to MP3 etc for storing on CD, I am sure that does come easy ...... to those with a Ph D in computing, or a long history in with the Audacity software which comes with it, or which you have to download if the disc version is not sufficient. For me, it is ( at this stage ) just impossible. The item comes with virtually no "layman" type instructions. To understand the forum on the audacity website you need the aforementioned degree. What I need is someone to say 'plug in here ..... insert cassette ...... push play / record / download ...... sit back and listen and be amazed. Sadly, at present I do not have the luxury of being able to spend the hours it will take me to view the Youtube tutorials or ask my questions on the forum. My downloading / file conversions will have to wait. :-(
UPDATE .....
Having had the errors in the very brief manual that came with the product corrected by my computer-literate son, and having been given one-to-one insight into how to do what is needed, I now see this product as quite adequate, and effective. If purchasers are over 50 years old, speak with a person between the ages of 12 and 40 to find out what to do. Good luck :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Hoo Too tape converter, 2 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant item, one of the best things I've ever bought! :), 6 Mar 2013
If you have old cassette tapes that you want to convert into MP3, buy this! You will not be disappointed. I purchased this product to convert all of my old 1990's rave cassettes, and have found this to be perfect for the job. Quite possibly the best 20 quid I've ever spent on Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality transport, 10 Nov 2013
Idea is good however the build quality of the mechanics are poor. The tape transport mechanism is poor and allowed the tape to 'drift' over the head and therefore the output level / quality is poor. The is a lot of tape hiss and motor noise (which you can filter out with the software) but very tedious. I tried a few different types of cassette i.e. normal and chrome, It made no difference and finally after only a few goes the player failed to even turn the spools round. Stent back for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive bit of kit ..., 6 April 2013
Amazon Customer (Harrow, Middlesex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My Dad has been wanting to convert cassette to digital files and really struggling; I saw this, though the reviews were good and so purchased it.

I am impressed. Basic but good. I have downloaded and used Audacity; the guidenotes are enough to be able to configure your computer (2 or 3 settings) to make it work. I like the fact you import the track (you can even do it as a double sided cassette) and then you can edit it with Audacity (you can copy it and then cut it, edit it and save it as various tracks).

Most challenging part was converting the files (.wva) into MP3 format - but I just downloaded a few bit of software to do this. Saved them on my computer and put them on cds.

The only disappointment? Well, I seem to have thrown away all my cassettes apart from four (now on cd) and so I am sat here twiddling my thumbs ... looking forward to visiting my parents and helping them convert their library of cds now!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank You!, 27 Mar 2014
Just saved a fortune in having to replace all my cassette albums from the 70's and 80's, Also retrieved loads of music taped from the radio while living in Germany in the 70's which was irreplaceable. The cassette player itself on first appearance appears to be very flimsy but it is more than up to the task. Very easy to use and it comes with audacity software, having used it before with a usb record deck I had no problem getting my tapes converted to MP3. The software has been improved since I last used it and even a complete novice should be up and running within 20-30 minutes. If you are a complete novice there are plenty of web sites and youtube vids to assist. The only problem with the software provided is that you cannot break an album down into individual tracks unless you stop down loading after each one or spend ages cut and pasting. It doesn't bother me as I only want to play the albums not individual tracks. You will also need high capacity storage on either your hard drive or, as I did, store it on a separate usb drive if you intend keeping all the 'raw' data after converting to MP3. The converted MP3 data is fairly low capacity as regards disc space.
All in all I would highly recommend this on price and performance.